Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #1

Picked up our new 36FBTS, finally!!

Finally took delivery of our 36FBTS yesterday. We spent over 5 hours on the PDI, my head is still rattled. Our Salesperson has been wonderful, one of their shop techs did most of the inspection with us. Lots to learn, lol. We then proceeded to a local RV park he suggested for a couple of nights to insure all is well and working. It was a harrowing drive, all of 7-8 miles pulling this beast behind. We set up as best we could, the auto level did good, just a tad off. Yesterday during the inspection I noticed the TV and the JBL stereo would not talk to each other, was not sure they were even supposed to, but they said they should. A second tech came over and spent close to two hours messing with it, but no dice. This morning the dealer tested another head unit from another camper, and it was working as it was supposed to. He borrowed it and drove over to us and swapped them, still not working! He is going back to research, thinking now it can only be a bad HDMI cable or TV. These folks are 225 miles away from our home, but so far have been wonderful to us. In all the excitement yesterday and wanting to go camping, we drove on through the mountains to the campsite. Later, having a drink, I realized I had not seen a power cord from truck to camper. We had been making the hitch connection while a light thunderstorm was passing by. I ran outside and found it stuck inside the kingpin!! So, my Ram 3500 SRW Thankfully brought us here safely with no lights or brakes. Here are a few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
20210811_152419[1].jpg   20210811_152436[1].jpg   20210811_154655[1].jpg   20210811_162658[1].jpg   20210811_163057[1].jpg  

Old 08-12-2021, 11:17 AM   #2

Congratulations on the new unit. Hopefully they can get everything fixed before you drive home.

Please make sure to check the fittings on the toilets - the 1st time out in our unit and the front bathroom toilet leaked. Ended up with a brand new toilet because it could not be repaired.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:56 AM   #3

Congratulations. Love the custom paint job. We are at just 2 years owning the same model and love it. We just don’t get to spend enough time in a it, but is it possible to spend enough time camping. Enjoy and be safe.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #4

Congrats!! That beast is beautiful!!
Old 08-12-2021, 12:49 PM   #5

Glad to see some folks are getting their fifth wheels delivered.
NEWS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Congratulations on the new unit. Hopefully they can get everything fixed before you drive home.

Please make sure to check the fittings on the toilets - the 1st time out in our unit and the front bathroom toilet leaked. Ended up with a brand new toilet because it could not be repaired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
Congratulations. Love the custom paint job. We are at just 2 years owning the same model and love it. We just don’t get to spend enough time in a it, but is it possible to spend enough time camping. Enjoy and be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Congrats!! That beast is beautiful!!

Thank You all. Unit is a 2021, bought back in May but didn't have a truck to pull it with. It is a dealer spec unit, sitting at the dealership since, totally loaded like we wanted. Everything works well, only the stereo and TV not talking to each other, however each works well individually. Salesman has been here twice today, replaced the head unit, no go, then came back with a new HDMI cable, no luck. He now thinks it may be the TV. I am sure we will work it out, these folks have been great to us. Heck, just found out today it has the tank less water heater. I could swear it had the quick recovery tank. Tomorrow morning we get to hook up for the first time ALONE!!!! I will not have my security blanket, lol. The 3 AC units are awesome. It is 97F in the VA foothills today, plum miserable. The puppies almost refuse to leave the camper.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWS4US View Post
Glad to see some folks are getting their fifth wheels delivered.

Found it on RV Trader, if you can believe it
Old 08-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #8

Dealer called again, didn't have to. We head home tomorrow morning, and he wondered if we might stop by the dealership, on the way home. He will swap out the TV!! Love these folks
Old 08-12-2021, 09:33 PM   #9

Thumbs up

Congratulations on the new unit. We love ours!
Textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 09:44 PM   #10

I told you before but it's worth repeating: That is one good looking rig.

I know the sound system was changed from 20 to 21 models but I did not like the hassle of trying to make the system and the tv work together plus I thought the sound quality was lacking. I also didn't like the Furrion tv after having it for a while. I changed it out to a Vizio from Costco and added a new sound bar with a subwoofer. Much easier to operate with one remote and much better sound. The sound system is still in place but disabled. I haven't decided yet what to do with it since it occupies a hole. Fortunately it is behind a cabinet door so can't be seen.

Take your time hooking up and make a check list. Try not to get distracted which sometimes gets me in trouble because I have to remind the wife to let me finish one task before starting another. There are a bunch of things to remember to do. Some like taking down the shower head and laying it on the shower floor are easy to forget. A falling shower head might not be good for the fiberglass. After a while you won't pay much attention to the list unless you have a wife that insists on going over everything on it before putting the truck in gear.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:48 PM   #11

Congrats! Wow that is one bad setup you have their.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post

I know the sound system was changed from 20 to 21 models but I did not like the hassle of trying to make the system and the tv work together plus I thought the sound quality was lacking. I also didn't like the Furrion tv after having it for a while. I changed it out to a Vizio from Costco and added a new sound bar with a subwoofer. Much easier to operate with one remote and much better sound. The sound system is still in place but disabled. I haven't decided yet what to do with it since it occupies a hole. Fortunately it is behind a cabinet door so can't be seen.

Take your time hooking up and make a check list. Try not to get distracted which sometimes gets me in trouble because I have to remind the wife to let me finish one task before starting another. There are a bunch of things to remember to do. Some like taking down the shower head and laying it on the shower floor are easy to forget. A falling shower head might not be good for the fiberglass. After a while you won't pay much attention to the list unless you have a wife that insists on going over everything on it before putting the truck in gear.

Thank You, this TV is a Signia I believe, and the sound system is JBL. I lost hearing to one ear 3 years ago, long story, but it was diagnosed as Sudden hearing loss syndrome. In a few ours a perfectly good ear was gone. After much treatments over 8-10 months I regained maybe 40%? With the help of hearing aid it is pretty good although will never be the same. Actually a soundbar was the biggest thing we purchased at home early on my treatments to help me and keep from blasting my poor wife's ears. Close captioning also makes a huge difference, she actually likes it as well. Dealer says the other units in their lot work as intended, and if I can get TV the sound through the speakers, it might mimic the soundbar to a point? We will see today. The bride is already insisting on a checklist or series of checklists, lol. I went to sleep trying to recreate hooking up this morning. I have been pleasantly surprised all the TV's (3) appear to be properly hooked up. I think they explained to me how to move the coax connections on their respective walls if watching from either a satellite/cable connection from the outside. Keep an eye on us, we welcome all helpful advice
Rene
Old 08-13-2021, 04:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textman View Post
Congratulations on the new unit. We love ours!

Thank you, we are loving it and overwhelmed as well lol
Old 08-13-2021, 04:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Thank You sir
Old 08-13-2021, 05:21 AM   #15

Quote:

Got it figured out, lol. Went to YouTube and a very nice how to wake up the monster. I went to the arrows and pushed one until 0F showed, then hit EXT. System rebooted itself. It then showed me how to go on settings to click on a never sleep button. Very nifty!!
Old 08-13-2021, 09:56 AM   #16

Question...how comfortable is DW to assist hooking up? My DW backs up the truck to the trailer & once everything is set, she connects. In fact, my DW will actually drive but we understand not everyone is comfortable doing that.

My DW has the responsibility for the inside, making sure everything is secure, doors latched, show head laying in the shower, A/Cs off, fridge secure, etc. I take care of everything outside, sewer, hoses, etc. She helps with the cord winding. We also both do a walk around, including making sure the storage doors are locked, antenna is down, etc.

Good luck.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
X2 Congrats to you!
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine71-76 View Post
Question...how comfortable is DW to assist hooking up? My DW backs up the truck to the trailer & once everything is set, she connects. In fact, my DW will actually drive but we understand not everyone is comfortable doing that.

My DW has the responsibility for the inside, making sure everything is secure, doors latched, show head laying in the shower, A/Cs off, fridge secure, etc. I take care of everything outside, sewer, hoses, etc. She helps with the cord winding. We also both do a walk around, including making sure the storage doors are locked, antenna is down, etc.

Good luck.

Thank You, I think we have similar duties. I have so far, only twice so far, backed the truck to the proper spot with her guidance. Both times she has done the raising of the landing gear and then connecting to the hitch using the APP on the cell. I am thinking she likes being in control, lol.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
X2 Congrats to you!
Thank You, we had a wonderful 3 days learning, still overwhelmed!
Old 08-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #20

Quote:

My bride says THANK YOU. I told her what you said about the shower head. She dismissed it but to cover her butt, put the used bed sheets on the floor for the 330 mile drive home. Got home and first thing she checked, and yes, shower head on the sheets!! The salesman had us stop by the dealership on the way home this morning, and he cannibalized a TV from another just sold Pinnacle. That did the trick, the stereo and TV now communicate. Love these folks. Had an email checking to see if we made it home safe! Did I say, love these folks?