Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger12 View Post
Well yesterday we finally picked up our new 357MDOK. The dealership was operating on a skeleton crew thanks to Covid-19, but we're trying to get previously sold units delivered. At our original inspection, we made a list with the salesman of all the problems we discovered, not a long list, but a few major things like the door frame for the mid den falling off. We were extremely displeased to find that none of the work was completed. I asked the salesman multiple times last week if it was repaired and ready and was told yes multiple times. So long story short, we spent the bulk of the day waiting for them to fix it. They did throw in a furrion backup camera as compensation so that made it a bit easier to swallow

Overall very happy with the way it tows compared to our 31qbds travel trailer. 30 mph winds on the way home at 70mph and you barely knew it was there. Superglide hitch works slick as well.

Our 3 year old could not be more excited and we basically had to carry her out of it kicking and screaming before bed last night. We plan to driveway camp this weekend though.
What truck are you pulling it with? We are looking to upgrade from our 25BH Jayfeather to the 357MDOK. I have a 2018 F350 CCSB with 3.55's and the 6.7. I am also looking into the pullrite superglide.....
diverdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:42 PM   #22

2019 F350 Supercrew with 3.55s and the 6.7. It pulls it just fine, it was mostly highway on the way home and it had no problems with any of the hills. The Superglide works pretty slick, although I haven't had to get in and out of any really tight spots other than my driveway yet.
Trigger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #23

Quote:
2019 F350 Supercrew with 3.55s and the 6.7. It pulls it just fine, it was mostly highway on the way home and it had no problems with any of the hills. The Superglide works pretty slick, although I haven't had to get in and out of any really tight spots other than my driveway yet.
Very nice. Thanks for the reply. my F350 is my daily driver and I really do not want to get a dually (nor will the wife authorize a new truck. Good luck with the new camper.
diverdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:09 PM   #24

Congrats on the new rig! Similar to our 2019 355mbqs. We love ours. Tow it with a 2018 Ram 3500 SRW. Tows like a dream. Already had three campground cancellations this year. I'm about to tell the storage lot owners....get over it. We're opening her up and staying in her for the weekend!
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:13 PM   #25

Thank you. Our original favorite was the 355, but I really wanted a bigger outdoor kitchen, so the 357 fit the bill.
Trigger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Thank you. Our original favorite was the 355, but I really wanted a bigger outdoor kitchen, so the 357 fit the bill.
I understand. We didn't want to lose our coffee nook by having the door to the bunkroom in place of it. We're able to store in the bunk room without opening the slides which we liked. Was some give and take. 357 came the closest. They tried to get us to take a 357 when it came in before our order. Would've been nice to have it sooner but we stayed with our order. Glad we did. 357 is still a very nice rig.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:20 PM   #27

Congratulations! That’s a beautiful camper and a great floor plan!
Rayco is offline   Reply With Quote