Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #21

JayCommand

So quite a few people here have a 2020. How’s the JayCommand working out for everyone.

Also my 2020 came with 6 point hydraulic jacks and JayCommand. Also got the extreme weather package. Early 2020 models had the electric jacks and JayCommand was an option. 383 FKWS has 5 slides 2 doors and is about 44’ long. That being said watch for dry hitch weight. 3750 dry weight was pushing the specs on my truck.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #22

No brainer, Go with whatever the wife wants.
Happy wife, Happy life!🙂
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMA1 View Post
So quite a few people here have a 2020. How’s the JayCommand working out for everyone.

Also my 2020 came with 6 point hydraulic jacks and JayCommand. Also got the extreme weather package. Early 2020 models had the electric jacks and JayCommand was an option. 383 FKWS has 5 slides 2 doors and is about 44’ long. That being said watch for dry hitch weight. 3750 dry weight was pushing the specs on my truck.
------------------------
My 2020 38' (42") FWLS we bought in September has electric jacks. We were only in it for 2 months before scooting to our place in AZ. I can't remember if the computer is a JayCommand or other but I know it is inferior to whatever they have come out with to upgrade it. Looking at my cell phone app for it, the app is LCI if that means anything to anyone. It will have to do. They did send me a new monitor/computer for the display, perhaps that is the upgraded one?
Winnabego Adventurer
Coachman Mirada
Jayco Pinnacle 5W
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #24

Lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhommie View Post
------------------------
My 2020 38' (42") FWLS we bought in September has electric jacks. We were only in it for 2 months before scooting to our place in AZ. I can't remember if the computer is a JayCommand or other but I know it is inferior to whatever they have come out with to upgrade it. Looking at my cell phone app for it, the app is LCI if that means anything to anyone. It will have to do. They did send me a new monitor/computer for the display, perhaps that is the upgraded one?
I believe LCI is a Lippert control system. The JayCommand has cellular capability but I have been having problems with it and BMPro has been impossible to reach. I’m going to try reaching out to Jayco next but some threads make it sound like they may not be much help.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:21 PM   #25

You would think they would make the model names match the length. Would be so much easier to follow and figure out.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:39 PM   #26

What 1 Ton SRW are you pulling your North Point with? Details please. Rear gear? Brand truck? Year model?
Thank you
gharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #27

Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharrison View Post
What 1 Ton SRW are you pulling your North Point with? Details please. Rear gear? Brand truck? Year model?
Thank you
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4

Laramie Package 2FH

6-Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission 3.42 Axle Ratio

6.7-Liter I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine, Diesel Exhaust Brake, Ram Active Air

Sports Appearance Package with 20-inch Wheels
Old 04-11-2020, 05:56 PM   #28

All stock no upgrades. Just wish I got better fuel mileage than 10.5. I was driving in 20 mph head winds that really dragged my mileage down.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #29

Truck pulling North Point

Someone else in the thread is using a GMC Denali but I have no idea os specs. I believe there are others using SRW too for North Point vs Pinnacle probably needing DRW.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:30 PM   #30

Yes it is some.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:51 AM   #31

We have a older truck ( Ford F-250. 7.3 liter turbo 3.73 rear end, 4x4, 6 speed manual and plan to get something new soon we hope. Thinking about the new ford F-450.

Love to hear more comments. Thanks
Greg
gharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:32 PM   #32

I haven't see or heard of anyone that bought the F450 regret getting one, I wouldn't mind getting one myself but I don't need it.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #33

I use a 2017 gmc Denali HD (3500hd) with my northpoint 377rlbh. In 2017 with the duramax SRW there is only 3.73 gears. It's a bit heavy on the back but it works. I added airbags to the back just to stabilize it a bit. It did fine with out the bags but it dose much better with them. I did an 8000 mile cross country trip last year and have had zero issues pulling my 377 with my SRW Denali.
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:16 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad5581 View Post
I use a 2017 gmc Denali HD (3500hd) with my northpoint 377rlbh. In 2017 with the duramax SRW there is only 3.73 gears. It's a bit heavy on the back but it works. I added airbags to the back just to stabilize it a bit. It did fine with out the bags but it dose much better with them. I did an 8000 mile cross country trip last year and have had zero issues pulling my 377 with my SRW Denali.

I bet that was a good trip, so were all did you travel to I would love to do something like that but I'm a church pastor so the best for me is two weeks?
Old 04-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #35

Big1, it was an awesome trip. We took 4 and a half weeks. We left from hermiston Oregon and stayed 2 nights in Memphis at Graceland rv park (that was really cool I'm not a "big" elvis fan but like his music) we did it more for the experience. Then 3 days in Nashville (saw the sites and they had the NFL draft there at the time boy were we surprised had no idea it was going on). Then 4 nights in Gatlinburg at the smokey mountain national park. That was amazing. Then 4 nights in Charleston love the history that place was really cool. Then 4 nights in new Orleans for jazz festival. I'm not a big fan of new Orleans it's a pretty dirty city but tons of history and some of the nicest people in the country. Great fokes there. Then 2 days in Waco TX (they wafe had to go check out the HGTV show fixer upper peoples store and restaurant) surprisingly I actually had a good time to. Then off to zion national park for a few days. Zion was a great park also. Of course we had over night stops alone the way. Our longest day was probably 12 hours our shortest about 6 hours but we averaged about 8 to 10 hours a day of driving. Our next tip will be either Alaska, the northeast, or Florida. Being out here on the west coast its difficult to do an rv trip to anywhere on the east coast without at least a month. We moved around almost too much but we had a lot we wanted to do. Originally we had Florida on our route but decided we wanted more time there so we will likely do a month dedicated to Florida and maybe some more of Texas.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:24 AM   #36

Here is you answer if it wasn't somewhere else that I did not see.

Very few differences other than features…these include the following:
96” wide to 102” wide
LRE 4000 vs CRE3000 suspension

Everything else is really features (like rear exterior cap)

Hope this helps!
Jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad5581 View Post
Big1, it was an awesome trip. We took 4 and a half weeks. We left from hermiston Oregon and stayed 2 nights in Memphis at Graceland rv park (that was really cool I'm not a "big" elvis fan but like his music) we did it more for the experience. Then 3 days in Nashville (saw the sites and they had the NFL draft there at the time boy were we surprised had no idea it was going on). Then 4 nights in Gatlinburg at the smokey mountain national park. That was amazing. Then 4 nights in Charleston love the history that place was really cool. Then 4 nights in new Orleans for jazz festival. I'm not a big fan of new Orleans it's a pretty dirty city but tons of history and some of the nicest people in the country. Great fokes there. Then 2 days in Waco TX (they wafe had to go check out the HGTV show fixer upper peoples store and restaurant) surprisingly I actually had a good time to. Then off to zion national park for a few days. Zion was a great park also. Of course we had over night stops alone the way. Our longest day was probably 12 hours our shortest about 6 hours but we averaged about 8 to 10 hours a day of driving. Our next tip will be either Alaska, the northeast, or Florida. Being out here on the west coast its difficult to do an rv trip to anywhere on the east coast without at least a month. We moved around almost too much but we had a lot we wanted to do. Originally we had Florida on our route but decided we wanted more time there so we will likely do a month dedicated to Florida and maybe some more of Texas.

Wow, that was one awesome trip the wife and I we almost went to Waco, TX to go to see HGTV show fixer upper but from WA it was a little too far for us. It would have taken us out for about three weeks and we both are pastors of a church so we didn't want to be gone that long, if it was two weeks we would have gone and even that is a stretch. Thank you for that I love it and maybe one day we can go farther but for now we have a big commitment.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:30 AM   #38

Big1 I totally understand and appreciate your obligation to you calling. I can tell you even in my line of work my boss man was not thrilled about giving me that much time off. My wife is a nurse and her bosses had to go up the chain to get the okay. It was difficult. And we started planning the trip about a year before we went. I dont know if you have looked into guest pastors. My uncle is a pastor and he has taken about 6 weeks off and he talked to some other local pastors and got a group of them to preach each Sunday. His congregation was happy to have him back but even gone he was able to meet their spiritual needs. It's been a few years now my uncle is retired but he now goes to the different congregations and fills in for other pastors on vacation. I guess the calling never really goes away... our goal was to do as many trips like this while we are young mid 30's as we could. Its taken us a long time and dedication to build our value with our employers and be able to live off our base vacation pay. We consider ourselves extremely blessed to have the opportunities we have and have had. I can tell you I have traveled most of our country for work but you dont see it quite the same way as when you experience it with the people you love. I kinda live by the idea we are not here for a long time so let's make it a good time. As you know the good lord can call us up at any time. My advice take the trip figure out a way to make it happen. I promise you wont regret it. Your congregation will understand and they will still be there when you get back. If you like vlogs there is a really inspirational family that I fallow. They have fun on the road. Take a look at them its call "keep your daydream" it's on YouTube. (Thay are family friendly to watch but do drink a bit of wine from time to time). They kinda help push us to ask and to do what we can now because who knows what tomorrow holds. They have a great message and honestly they are relatively funny.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:12 PM   #39

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
Quote:

We've got JayCommand in our 2020 Eagle 334 RLOK....We love it. Everything is integrated and working well! No issues! Other than the fact that the dealer was clueless on the system!
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #40

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
Quote:
I believe LCI is a Lippert control system. The JayCommand has cellular capability but I have been having problems with it and BMPro has been impossible to reach. I’m going to try reaching out to Jayco next but some threads make it sound like they may not be much help.

We had questions and the bmpro people got right back to us. It's pretty amazing!
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote