Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #1

roof material

Have a 2014 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS... anyone know what roofing material Jayco used ? It's a kind of cream color with a textured ripple type soft feel to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
Tanker Yanker 43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker Yanker 43 View Post
Have a 2014 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS... anyone know what roofing material Jayco used ? It's a kind of cream color with a textured ripple type soft feel to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
I have a 2022 Eagle 321RSTS and it has DiFlex II roofing. It sounds a lot like what you describe. Here is a link.

https://dicorproducts.com/product/di...i-tpo-roofing/
landmark573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:49 AM   #3
Site Team

The Jayco brochure advertises your roof as DynaFlex, which is a TPO material. Here's a link to the sales brochure. It's listed about 6 pages down.

https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/2014_Eagle_HT.pdf

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:25 PM   #4

What JFlightRisk shared along with the OP's description certainly indicates TPO, but for the sake of others reading this I would suggest that yours could be different and to know that Jayco (and other RV mfgrs) have gone back and forth over the years and in particular they went from EPDM to TPO somewhere in the 2013~14 timeframe although I don't know for sure, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they (may have) made some RV's since 2014 with epdm as well, and I also know first hand that mine is epdm but mine is older being a 2010. ~CA
Old 10-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #5

TPO for sure.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #6

No matter which kind you still need to check the Dicor factory or replacement caulk a couple times a year. Look for cracking, peeling or coming unstuck, screws or nails coming up through the roof. Also, damage from low hanging branches cutting the roof or other damage. One test is to take your fingernail on the edge and try to lift up the Dicor.
In any case, if Dicor is going bad or there is any other damage study up on Etearnabond tape and how to replace/repair or fix roof problems.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #7

Well, finally got a hold of Jayco and was informed by them after giving the last 8 digits of my serial number that the roof material is Diflex and it's a TPO material... she didn't know if it was DiflexII or not. Maybe Diflex II is a newer recipe than the original... Thanks for everyone's input out there...Drive Safe.
Tanker Yanker 43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:55 PM   #8
CAG

Quote:
Well, finally got a hold of Jayco and was informed by them after giving the last 8 digits of my serial number that the roof material is Diflex and it's a TPO material... she didn't know if it was DiflexII or not. Maybe Diflex II is a newer recipe than the original... Thanks for everyone's input out there...Drive Safe.

Interestingly, this is what I was going to suggest before reading through the thread. Call Jayco and give them your VIN. They are very helpful and it avoids these long threads of people guessing what a product is, what to do, and what the part number is. While I know we want to help here and many times do a very good job at it the guessing just causes more headaches for the OP in a lot of these threads.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:57 PM   #9

Quote:
They need to reinvent a better glue they use. Tons of reports of the material bubbling or coming loose at outside edges. I had bubbles in mine and had it to the dealer 3 times over the issue. Each time dealer claimed it was normal. Now it’s getting progressively worse and no warranty to stand on. If yours starts this while under warranty, fight like hell to get it repaired. It will get worse and you will have to deal with it.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote