Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Trailer roofs that use the membrane will loose it's adhesion when you use any type of overlay, including FlexArmor. I've seen and read many horror stories when someone applies anything over a membrane roof.. Very small patches are o.k., not the whole roof as the added material in whole will rib everything off when encountering wind resistance.. I wish anyone luck that applies anything ...
I was under the understanding that they remove your TPO roof then spray on the flex armor.

https://rvroof.com/videos/
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I was under the understanding that they remove your TPO roof then spray on the flex armor.

https://rvroof.com/videos/
that would be the wiser choice but i would be very concerned of over-lapping the sides. You would have to remove all the side gutters and seam rails to do this right. In this fashion i would trust the Flex seal over the Henry product, especially if you plan to be up and down the room numerous times.. How much a gallon is that stuff? I'm sure it would take two-three gallons
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:23 PM   #23

Not flex seal, flex armor.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:18 PM   #24

gotcha, i looked it up, it is a spray on product that is meant to replace the membrane. To use it correctly the complete membrane must be removed. I defiantly like that product and would trust it over the membrane any day. My 5th wheel has a few spotty bubbles appearing which make me nervous. The Dealer states the 'bubbles' are completely normal. I buy that more as an excuse to shuffle folks away.. I know someday i will have to deal with it and more than likely will go with this product. Read a few reviews on it and it appears to be a good product.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujonaut View Post
This is more problem prevention than fixing something. It should make the roof last a lot longer. Also, I've already noticed it's cooler inside the trailer since I applied the coating.
I can’t comment on longevity for your application, but did use this stuff on an old 1969 canned ham camper I restomodded…. Stuff worked great and definitely found it to be about 5-10 degrees cooler inside from the darker galvanized metal roof.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:55 AM   #26

Speaking of cooler, I lined all my windows with that bubble foil stuff before going out west, boy does it make a huge difference!
Old 06-28-2021, 12:28 PM   #27

Very interesting posts... I bought a used 2016 Pinnacle in 2018. Original owner had
RV Armor applied in 2017. Came with a transferable lifetime warranty. I used the warranty this spring for a small hole I found. Anyone know of any issues with RV Armor? Getting concerned after reading the posts about the “off gassing “.
P3FETOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3FETOM View Post
Very interesting posts... I bought a used 2016 Pinnacle in 2018. Original owner had
RV Armor applied in 2017. Came with a transferable lifetime warranty. I used the warranty this spring for a small hole I found. Anyone know of any issues with RV Armor? Getting concerned after reading the posts about the “off gassing “.
Hey, I'm just jumping in to welcome you to JOF! Happy camping!
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote