Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2020, 08:10 AM   #1

Sanicon Dilemma- How to drain the system

Greetings, so I just finished my 1st year of use with my Northpoint 377RLBH with all the bells and whistles including the Sanicon. First let me say that the Sanicon is amazing. I absolutely love the simplicity and how easy and clean it is to dump the tanks. But the hose connection /door is a few inches higher than the tank (I’m guessing), so when I leave the campground I’m always taking some liquid souvenirs back home. I use the rinse out system to at least try to clean it as much as possible. When I had the dealership winterize my rig I read him a disclaimer stating that there (may or may not) be a surprise waiting for them when they opened the discharge valve. He laughed but cautiously placed a 5 gallon bucket under the valve just in case. When I picked the unit up he told me that they drained about 12 gallons of waste out of the system, and some of that made it onto the shop floor.Needless to say I was extremely embarrassed. The gal that does a lot of his cleaning said “tell him if he thinks his crap don’t stink he’s wrong, it does!” So this is my question. How do you make sure your system is drained. You’re not supposed to have to deal with sewer line if you use the Sanicon. Maybe that’s not the case.
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:37 AM   #2

Good post. I'm new to this, and we just winterized our Sanicon, too. I always feel that it doesn't completely empty, so I rinse all tanks several times until they run clear. (Use the sprayer on the black tank, and keep filling and emptying the grey tanks.) Then a lot of antifreeze until the sanicon discharge is pink. I have never opened the main manual drain, but will probably need to add that to the regimen , to make sure that I don't have that kind of thing happen. Can't wait to see what others say.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:11 AM   #3

I have the Sanicon system and love it. I have not had problems with the black tank not completely emptying. It sounds like you may not be flushing your black tank sufficiently enough when dumping. After dumping I fill the blank tank, using the flush fitting, at least twice and dump again after each flush.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #4

I also really like my sanicon . I use it is 80% of the time. If I have been sitting for a week or more, I have found that not all the solids drain from the black tank. I’m guessing I’m getting a little pyramid in there, one time it actually blocked the vent, even though I had been using the sanicon every few days. I had to add water to the roof vent to get it cleared. I’m thinking the flow is not as fast using the Sanicon, not enough turbulence to mix it up.
So, here is what I do. If I’m at a campsite for a week or so, with sewer, I don’t do my final dump at the site. I do it at the drive through dump site or even take it to another spot on the way home and may use the 4” dump hose just occasionally to clean it all the way out after sloshing around for a few miles.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #5

I'm full time and dump once a week. I fill the black tank with 45 gallons of water using the flush port. I do that twice and have had absolutely no problems. The secret is water, water & plenty of it. Not a good idea, but I don't even carry a conventional dump hose. Figured if I ever needed one I'm always close to a source. I use the following meter so I don't blow out the tank:

https://www.amazon.com/Orbit-56854-H...%2C289&sr=8-10
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 01-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #6

Good thread. Our recently purchased Eagle has the Sanicon system. We have yet to use it and it's a foreign object to me after having 3 other RV's without it.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:55 PM   #7

Here's a good you tube video on the Sanicon:

Formerly from Sequim, WA