Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE View Post
Received the sleeved sanicon hose from thetford today. My plan is to have this section, close to the switch so if it ever leaks i should see it bulging in the sleeve hose and still be able to get to the switch to power off. If it leaks further downstream I hope to be far enough away that I can still power off without being sprayed.
That looks quite a bit different than the hose it comes with. Is the outer covering fabric of some sort?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #22
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
That looks quite a bit different than the hose it comes with. Is the outer covering fabric of some sort?
yes, the covering is a really heavy fabric. Similar to whats used on hydraulic hoses. I notice that in the back/bottom of my storage box that there are self tapping screws sticking up. I am going to cover those with spray foam also. Don't need no leaks.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE View Post
yes, the covering is a really heavy fabric. Similar to whats used on hydraulic hoses. I notice that in the back/bottom of my storage box that there are self tapping screws sticking up. I am going to cover those with spray foam also. Don't need no leaks.
Holy smoke, I'm going to check my Sanicon box for any screws. Why would they do that when a hose is being stored in there..........dumber than dirt
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-02-2019, 12:30 AM   #24

Your good with gravity overall.
redley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #25

Although I didn’t order it, our camper came with the sanicon. At first I didn’t use it much but now I use it whenever I can (often the sanicon hose isn’t long enough as it’s located at the very rear of my camper). I like not having to deal with the slinky. If I had to use an additional hose, I don’t see the benefit over the slinky.
Rayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #26

i've been in a KOA for the last 6 months. My neighbor has the Soncon system.... I laugh a lot on many days because he is constantly checking his sewer pipe to make sure 'things' are flowing down hill properly. Wny the laugh???? I don't have the Sincon and when i flush "****' goes down where is suppose to go.. DOWN HILL.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:15 AM   #27

I wasn't exactly excited to hear that the camper I wanted had a sanicon system. I don't know, maybe it's just new and scary to me.

I'm fine with a good Rhino hose and understanding the mechanics of the downhill flow of sh- stuff.
IchWarriorMkII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchWarriorMkII View Post
I wasn't exactly excited to hear that the camper I wanted had a sanicon system. I don't know, maybe it's just new and scary to me.

I'm fine with a good Rhino hose and understanding the mechanics of the downhill flow of sh- stuff.
You have a choice..........you can use the Sanicon or put on the rubber gloves and rinse out the stinky slinky until all the ..it is clear, then store the stinky slinky away. You can tell I'm a "Sanicon Guy"
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 06-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
i've been in a KOA for the last 6 months. My neighbor has the Soncon system.... I laugh a lot on many days because he is constantly checking his sewer pipe to make sure 'things' are flowing down hill properly. Wny the laugh???? I don't have the Sincon and when i flush "****' goes down where is suppose to go.. DOWN HILL.
That is actually a neat feature of the sanicon - simply flip the switch and your sh** is now flowing uphill ��

or if you are boon docking you have the option of pumping it up-to a portable dump tank in your vehicle (truck bed) making it easier to transport and dump some where else

Or even via a longer hose into a toilet or sewer clean out.
2018 F150 Platinum SC, FX4, 3.5-EB, Max tow - 12,700-Updates;Hensley Arrow 1400/14,000lbs, Battle Born Lithium 200ah, Victron Energy BMV-712 & VE 100/50, (6x160 ->960 Watts)- Flexible Renogy Solar, Micro Air Soft Start, RVlock, Westinghouse iGen4500DF, EMS-HW50C, Splendide WDC7100XC Washer/Dryer, Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL camera
Gizmopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmopilot View Post
That is actually a neat feature of the sanicon - simply flip the switch and your sh** is now flowing uphill ��

or if you are boon docking you have the option of pumping it up-to a portable dump tank in your vehicle (truck bed) making it easier to transport and dump some where else

Or even via a longer hose into a toilet or sewer clean out.
For sure!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #31

Update: All you Sanicon users, I just learned something the other day.........I'm a slow learner! Our grey tank 2 is the kitchen tank and fills very quickly........our dishwasher which we use daily uses about 3 gallons of water per cycle. Every two to three days I was having to pump that tank. I decided to leave that valve open and found out that the tank will gravity feed through the Sanicon. Problem solved. I need to dump the black tank about once a week so several days prior to dumping the black tank, I'll close the #2 tank valve which will give me enough grey water together with grey tank #1 (bathroom) to flush the hose. You can also leave both grey tanks open if you want. Again, they will both gravity feed through the Sanicon.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Update: All you Sanicon users, I just learned something the other day.........I'm a slow learner! Our grey tank 2 is the kitchen tank and fills very quickly........our dishwasher which we use daily uses about 3 gallons of water per cycle. Every two to three days I was having to pump that tank. I decided to leave that valve open and found out that the tank will gravity feed through the Sanicon. Problem solved. I need to dump the black tank about once a week so several days prior to dumping the black tank, I'll close the #2 tank valve which will give me enough grey water together with grey tank #1 (bathroom) to flush the hose. You can also leave both grey tanks open if you want. Again, they will both gravity feed through the Sanicon.
I haven't done that yet but I was told that at PDI that could be done. I just don't like leaving the Sanicon compartment open with the switch exposed. Just me. I'll try it out the next outing. The showers we take, we have to dump the grey tanks about every 3rd day. This last time I just got the stinky slinky out and left the grey tanks opened. So much easier to just hook up Sanicon and leave it connected.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote