Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
There is also another big problem out there! The out riggers or frame supports under that kitchen slide are bending.Lippert felt the problem was so serious they manufactured a support replacement! Bet you won't here that from JAYCO!
First-hand experience with this. We will be taking our 375 out for the first time since the support repair and then re-do repair. DH didn't even leave the dealer's lot after the first attempt--knowing just by looking at it that it wouldn't last. It failed the first time the slide went out, so they went back to the drawing board. (Imagine--they didn't even test it before calling us and saying the camper was ready to be picked up ). They ended up having our unit at the dealer for 4-1/2 months. Hopefully, it's good now. Ours had failed when towing, support arm gouged a tire, and we were lucky to discover it at a rest stop and limp it to the dealer without a disaster. They hemmed and hawed about replacing our G-rated Goodyear, but they finally did. When they took the wheel off to mount the tire, they found grease in the brakes, so they had to work on that too. All of this after only 4 short trips, so fingers crossed that our 2nd season will be hassle-free.
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #22

At least my dealer didn’t mess around with the frame support fix. These won’t bend again.
The only problem is Jayco would only pay for the ones that were bent at the time...how stupid is that.
Attached Thumbnails
9DDC525D-14AF-4F61-9B53-778EF30CAE80.jpg  
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:51 PM   #23

That's they way I want mine done great pic! How many out riggers do you have?Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitelover View Post
First-hand experience with this. We will be taking our 375 out for the first time since the support repair and then re-do repair. DH didn't even leave the dealer's lot after the first attempt--knowing just by looking at it that it wouldn't last. It failed the first time the slide went out, so they went back to the drawing board. (Imagine--they didn't even test it before calling us and saying the camper was ready to be picked up ). They ended up having our unit at the dealer for 4-1/2 months. Hopefully, it's good now. Ours had failed when towing, support arm gouged a tire, and we were lucky to discover it at a rest stop and limp it to the dealer without a disaster. They hemmed and hawed about replacing our G-rated Goodyear, but they finally did. When they took the wheel off to mount the tire, they found grease in the brakes, so they had to work on that too. All of this after only 4 short trips, so fingers crossed that our 2nd season will be hassle-free.
So I had one motor go bad when my unit went in for warranty the second time for 6 months. Only found this out because they left the work order in the unit and I found it. So your support arm bent when the slide was closed and under tow? Which one? The kitchen slide or living room. I think I'll go out tomorrow and check under my kitchen slide because I could barely bring it in this past fall and it sounded like one motor is bad. But won't hurt to look under it at the supports. I could understand the 377 issue but that's a long heavy slide. I can't put out my living room slide out without stopping and starting that either. When I tow it awhile then try to put it out the whole thing twists and binds up. (but the factory will be checking it out). But grease on your brakes? I think the 2017 has the dexter's axles. That makes me believe even more some of these hubs may be over greased from the start. Geez!

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #25

Quote:
That's they way I want mine done great pic! How many out riggers do you have?Thanks
I’m pretty sure I have 4. Or maybe it’s 5.
They fixed 2 of them. One was bent on delivery.
I saw it day one, but I thought it was just hit by something and not a big deal until that thread about the bent floor supports started here. Then when I looked again another other was bent.
Dealer fixed them. I expected them all to be fixed as, obviously, they are a major engineering bumble (amongst other things). I found 3 more new rigs on the lot with bent supports too.

By the next summer (after the fix), the front one is drooping. Jayco refused to authorize it...now the Schwintek just had a $2500 fix. I am positive it’s because of the floor support.
I am unsure how long the newly replaced Schwintek will last.
It makes me so mad that it is a proven Jayco problem and they won’t own up.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 04-10-2018, 06:38 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
When new it was smooth but liked about 11/2 in closing all the way on the fridge end. Also would not open all the way on same end. They kept it three weeks and said they were having problems getting it to work. When picked up it close better not all the way but enough to seal. It also pops and is jerky. It only worked about 3 or 4 times. After next fix when opening or closing it likes about 11/2 going out or in you can go away for a min or so push button again and it will finish opening or closing which ever your doing. It still pops and not very smooth.
So I was concerned about mine shortly after I got it. It was making an awful noise the last 6" inches while retracting and the last 6" inches while extending. So I decided to do a little troubleshooting....

I stopped my kitchen slide while letting it in and the gap on one side appears to be 1" shorter (or longer depending on the side) when measuring the two ends from the slide to the trailer wall. I also noticed one of the bottom rails was bowed when the slide was extended and the opposite top rail was bowed when the slide was retracted. I was concerned the slide was twisted a bit and needed to be reset or recalibrated. That happened to the bunk house slide and the dealer reset it while I was there once. I even went as far as to unhook one motor from the control box and hit the slide button to even up the two sides. But as soon as i reconnected the motor and operated the slide it went back to the way it was (1" off on one side).

So I called Lippart two different times and talked to two different people and got the same answer. They said the rails were made to bow and as long as the slide completely opened and completely closed a little twist and bow does not hurt anything.... So my slide does completely close and open so I guess I don't need to worry....

The slide out control box I have is the auto programming one so there is nothing to reset or recalibrate. They said to make sure you hold the extend button about a 1-2 seconds after it fully extracts or retracts and that is all you have to do to make sure the stop limits are set correctly.

I do have to it hit my button a second time after I open/close to make sure it is complete sealed on both ends. The twist does concern me but I would take the slimrack over schwintek for the big kitchen slide.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
So I had one motor go bad when my unit went in for warranty the second time for 6 months. Only found this out because they left the work order in the unit and I found it. So your support arm bent when the slide was closed and under tow? Which one? The kitchen slide or living room. I think I'll go out tomorrow and check under my kitchen slide because I could barely bring it in this past fall and it sounded like one motor is bad. But won't hurt to look under it at the supports. I could understand the 377 issue but that's a long heavy slide. I can't put out my living room slide out without stopping and starting that either. When I tow it awhile then try to put it out the whole thing twists and binds up. (but the factory will be checking it out). But grease on your brakes? I think the 2017 has the dexter's axles. That makes me believe even more some of these hubs may be over greased from the start. Geez!
It was the living/dining slide. I think when I first posted about it I mistakenly said the kitchen slide. Anyway, yes, it happened under tow. We had broken camp at Richmond Raceway, and the slide went in with no problem whatsoever. We went about an hour up I-64 and stopped at the rest area just to use the facilities. DH always does a walk-around just to make sure everything is okay, and he couldn't believe it when he saw a gouge on the tire (circumferentially, all the way around) like something was rubbing. He crawled up under and saw the support arm hanging down and rubbing the tire. The slide itself was still in solidly. He tie-wrapped the support up so we could get to the dealer, which was another couple of hours. It was a Sunday, so I called my salesperson and let him know we were leaving it. Had lots of fun emptying what we could from the camper into the truck. Then it was lots of phone calls to the dealer and Jayco, with first one attempt and then waiting for more parts--you know the drill. I just hope it's fixed "for good."
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #28

well the schwintec finally caught me. the Teflon or plastic roller is coming off the steel bearing on my refrigerator slide. it is under warranty so no cost, but I am wondering if anyone knows why Jayco will not go to triple track system like other MFR are doing on the heavy slide.
retiredmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #29

Dollars in there pocket!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:03 PM   #30

As I stated earlier in this thread, they did change the slide mechanism on the kitchen to Slimrack style in 2018, at least on NP and Pinnacle (unsure about Eagle).
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #31

Any better?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #32

What year is your camper? Something you can repair yourself?
Old 06-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #33

Quote:
Any better?
You’re probably not talking about my post, but if you are.
No, it was no better. First trip after my $2500 fix, and not going anywhere but from the dealers lot to my driveway after the repair, it failed as I was ready to leave for the weekend.
Weekend plans canceled.
DW was PISSSSSED.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
As I stated earlier in this thread, they did change the slide mechanism on the kitchen to Slimrack style in 2018, at least on NP and Pinnacle (unsure about Eagle).
My slimrack is the one giving me problems. It has not worked right since new. Been to CW 3 times but gets worst every time they touch it. They broke 3 bolts off and left 6 bolts out (3 on each side) After they replaced missing bolts it would not close all the way while sitting in their parking lot. CW had already had it 4wks and their reply was you will have to make another appt. to leave it with us because we don't have any more time to work on it right now. I have an independent rv repair guy thats does warranty work for Jayco coming out next week.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #35

Cannon

I would be seriously peeved if they told me that. Good thing you are able to get the independent guy to fix it. I’m betting it’ll be working just fine after he’s done with it. I haven’t heard many good things about CW service

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #36

I never used this guy but heard good things about him. Right now I'll try anyone to get away from CW.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #37

Cannon, I just replaced one of my slimrack motors today. My mobile repair guy came out and removed it and after seeing how easy it was to remove, I ordered and installed the new one myself. Rear motor quit working while trying to bring slide in at campground...and after about an hour trying to move it, it finally retracted with assistance/persuasion from two guys.
2020 Ford Super Duty F-350 DRW King Ranch FX4
SenoiaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoiaDave View Post
Cannon, I just replaced one of my slimrack motors today. My mobile repair guy came out and removed it and after seeing how easy it was to remove, I ordered and installed the new one myself. Rear motor quit working while trying to bring slide in at campground...and after about an hour trying to move it, it finally retracted with assistance/persuasion from two guys.
My motors seem ok but when going in or out cutting gash in slide side wall. also when driving in rain water coming in under slide. Hard to see in pic but cut is above top gear.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180611_190743359.jpg  
Old 06-15-2018, 06:31 AM   #39

Oh ok. Different situation. Hope he gets it fixed for you.
2020 Ford Super Duty F-350 DRW King Ranch FX4
SenoiaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #40

if you are talking about my issues it is at the dealer now hopefully being repaired with no excuses why I would not get it back anytime soon.
retiredmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote