Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad5581 View Post
PopRocks.. right I'm still looking. I've been told that furrion (the manufacturer of most the electronics) is great to deal with but I'm telling you their stuff looks and feels way cheap. LCI the manufacturer of most of the rest of the electronics I've been told can be a pain in the back side to deal with. Atwood isnt even atwood anymore and since they got bought out they have switch most of the control modules to cheap China garbage so they have been have lots of issues. Too bad every rv manufacturer uses their products. Someone could probably make a killing manufacturing rv components that were built well, and looked good. And offered customer support.
Amen to that.
PopRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #42

We bought a new 2017 pinnacle, 37rsts. Our first fiver. Have been very happy with it. Have owned it about 18 months. Have spent about 6 months in it and have put on 14,000 miles. We still own our stick and mortar home base.
Has been a great RV. Some minor cosmetic issues, but for the most part all the systems work as intended. We are very happy with our choice, you will be too.
haweinberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by haweinberger View Post
We bought a new 2017 pinnacle, 37rsts. Our first fiver. Have been very happy with it. Have owned it about 18 months. Have spent about 6 months in it and have put on 14,000 miles. We still own our stick and mortar home base.
Has been a great RV. Some minor cosmetic issues, but for the most part all the systems work as intended. We are very happy with our choice, you will be too.
Thank you. I’m glad to hear you’re happy with your rig.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #44

We like are Eagle 321 RSTS, don't forget a tow vehicle you will need.
Attached Thumbnails
william08-24-2014.jpg  
brettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettt View Post
We like are Eagle 321 RSTS, don't forget a tow vehicle you will need.
Thank you.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #46

We just purchased a 2018 317RLOK Eagle 37Ft. the middle of last year, and I've got to tell you it has been the best RV for us so far. We must be part of a lucky few who haven't had any major issues yet. But there again, its not even a year old either. I've done a few things to it to make it comfortable for my wife, myself, and Fred, our dog. We plan on living in it temporarily full time next year, after we sell our house. While we look for another place. We will probably sell this Eagle for a smaller Eagle HT, as we won't need one that big for camping or for my hunting cabin. The Eagles just seem to have the least amount of problems, and are still really nice. As far as the step issue that was mentioned earlier, I built a set of steps for the time we will be living in it, out of pressure treated boards, and they work great. Unfortunately I don't have pic's of them. I believe you should really consider the Eagles. They are AWESOME!
qs271a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #47

Yep, so far I love our Eagle 321RSTS but we only had it for about one or two months now.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #48

So, we had looked long and hard at various 5th wheels and had finally decided on a 28.5RSTS, I believe the model number. We had negotiated pricing and all was set except signing on the bottm line. From Ontario, we went to the Toronto show this past January with two other couples both of which own Forest River products. We showed them the unit we were looking at and told them to pick it a part and do their best to talk us out of it. Both couples while being diplomatic pointed out things that we had over looked. Our friend suggested we look at a Grand Design to which I told him we could not afford. There was a GD 295RL parked a short distance away. The six of us spent pretty much the rest of the aft doing a head to head comparison. The 295RL did not have solid surface counter tops nor was auto level available as an option. One thing it did have over the 28.5 was no Schwinteck slides. That was certainly our biggest concern with Jayco. Price in the end was comparitable. And yes Grand Design does warrant all of their 5th wheel line up for full timing. Not my intention to slam Jayco, they make a beautiful trailer. The OP was asking for sugestions. Yes, there are other alternatives out there. I'm looking at mine parked in the driveway as I type.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post
So, we had looked long and hard at various 5th wheels and had finally decided on a 28.5RSTS, I believe the model number. We had negotiated pricing and all was set except signing on the bottm line. From Ontario, we went to the Toronto show this past January with two other couples both of which own Forest River products. We showed them the unit we were looking at and told them to pick it a part and do their best to talk us out of it. Both couples while being diplomatic pointed out things that we had over looked. Our friend suggested we look at a Grand Design to which I told him we could not afford. There was a GD 295RL parked a short distance away. The six of us spent pretty much the rest of the aft doing a head to head comparison. The 295RL did not have solid surface counter tops nor was auto level available as an option. One thing it did have over the 28.5 was no Schwinteck slides. That was certainly our biggest concern with Jayco. Price in the end was comparitable. And yes Grand Design does warrant all of their 5th wheel line up for full timing. Not my intention to slam Jayco, they make a beautiful trailer. The OP was asking for sugestions. Yes, there are other alternatives out there. I'm looking at mine parked in the driveway as I type.
Thank you for the good information.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:53 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post

Congrats!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:16 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Congrats!
Thank you. So, Schwinteck slides tend to be problematic?