Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2019, 02:07 PM   #1

Shakedown cruise

Shakedown cruise this weekend to Ives Run COE in Tioga, Pennsylvania in the Eagle HT. Wife and I, daughter, daughter's best friend, and my good old girl Judy. Hoping for good weather (no more tornadoes please) and an uneventful experience. I'll snap a few pics and try to figure out how to post them when we get back. See ya!

Tom
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post
Shakedown cruise this weekend to Ives Run COE in Tioga, Pennsylvania in the Eagle HT. Wife and I, daughter, daughter's best friend, and my good old girl Judy. Hoping for good weather (no more tornadoes please) and an uneventful experience. I'll snap a few pics and try to figure out how to post them when we get back. See ya!

Tom
Good luck and have a great time!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #3

Just thought I'd follow up 8 days later.

We had literally no problems at all with the Eagle. No leaks anywhere, slides went in and out flawlessly, AC cooled quickly and kept the trailer at the set temp, stove and refrigerator were just fine. My wife didn't mind the mattress but I thought it was uncomfortable - not horrible but we'll replace it soon. People complain about the Jayco QC quite a bit but this is our second one and we've had good luck with both. Not saying something won't materialize down the road but the first trip was encouraging.

The weather was beautiful Friday and right up to Saturday evening. Of course there's a law in Pennsylvania making two consecutive sunny days illegal so it started raining and continued through the Sunday morning tear-down.

The 6.2 pulled well but Rte. 6 across the middle of Pennsylvania is all steep climbs/steep drops so the revs were high in spots. Mileage was 10.8 (usually 13.6).

Bottom line - a good time was had by all.

Tom
Old 06-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
Site Team

I thought every road in Pa. was hilly and steep! We made the mistake (well, I made the mistake)of setting he GPS to "shortest distance" from western NY, stopping T Lickdale overnight. HUGE mistake. It took us over Goldmine Rd, south of Tower City. Don't EVER try to take a camper over that road. The wife's fingerprints are forever in the dashboard, and there's a depression in the passengers side floor, where she was stepping on her "brake". That setting on the GPS will never be used again!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
I thought every road in Pa. was hilly and steep! We made the mistake (well, I made the mistake)of setting he GPS to "shortest distance" from western NY, stopping T Lickdale overnight. HUGE mistake. It took us over Goldmine Rd, south of Tower City. Don't EVER try to take a camper over that road. The wife's fingerprints are forever in the dashboard, and there's a depression in the passengers side floor, where she was stepping on her "brake". That setting on the GPS will never be used again!

Worst part is coming out of/going into little towns where the speed limit goes from 25 to 55 instantly, and you're either dropping down a 9% grade into town trying to slow down to 25, or you're coming out of town at 25 and trying to get up enough speed to climb the 9% grade! It's an old, sparsely-populated mountainous state with old, narrow under-maintained roads and for the most part it's like pulling a trailer through hell.

Tom