Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #1

Slim rack

2020 32RLTS. My kitchen slide is stuck in the extended position. I have good voltage at the controller. I can see both the extend and retract signals going to the controller. I just don’t get voltage to the motors when retract is sent. The controller is 697096. So I bought a replacement. It has an error message of stops not sent. The manual says the stops must be set first. And that it must be set in the retracted position first.
Other than popping the motors out and pushing the slide in, does anyone have a suggested work around. I’m tempted to build a little connector and simply apply voltage directly to the motors.
Anyone else deal with something similar?
I have spoken with Lippert and they have been remarkably useless. Wanted me to perform an encodeder test on the motors.

Help!
David vorenkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:30 AM   #2

I'm guessing you tried pressing the retract button several times to bump the slide in? Have you also tried to press and hold the extend button to send a signal?

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:43 AM   #3

Slim rack

Yes, the slide is fully extended. Tied to “jog” it in, but it doesn’t move at all.
David vorenkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:00 AM   #4

did you press and hold the extend button several seconds? to let the controller register that the slide is fully extended before you try to retract.

B&W hitch
Old 06-27-2022, 08:04 AM   #5

reset procedure from lippert..

"Control box reset procedure is as follows:

1. Retract the room to the most inward position if possible.

2. Unplug one of the motor connections at the control box. Only unplug one connection of either M1 or M2.

3. Operate the slide room out by depressing and holding the OUT button until the slide room stops. Observe the slide room to make sure it does not run into any obstructions during actuation. Release button.

4. Operate the room in by depressing and holding the IN button until the room stops. Observe the room to make
sure it does not run into any obstructions during actuation. Release button.
a. You should observe the control flashing a fault code (4 red flashes and either 1 or 2 green flashes depending upon which motor connection you have unplugged).
b. NOTE: The control is in “Emergency Override Mode” and will not synchronize the motors. The control applies power to each motor for a short period of time (approx. 1” of room travel) when the button is
pressed.

5. Plug the motor connection that you unplugged in the prior step back into the control.

6. Continue to press and release the IN button until the room is fully retracted.
a. One side of the room may completely retract before the other side of the room depending on the orientation of the room. Keep bumping the IN button until the room is completely retracted all the while watching the room to make sure it does not hit anything.

7. Once the room is completely retracted, cycle power to the control box by unplugging the POWER connector, waiting for a few seconds and then plugging it back into the control.
a. Cycling the power to the control, gets it out of “Emergency Override Mode” and puts it back into “Normal” operation mode.

8. Either at the back of the switch or at the switch input to the control box (see label for pin positions), jump the IN connection to the OUT connection.

9. Press and hold the button in either the IN or OUT position for 5 seconds.
a. This step resets the control

10. Now operate the room in “Normal” operation mode.
a. Press and hold the IN button for 1 second longer after you see the room stop moving
b. Press and hold the OUT button for 1 second longer after you see the room stop moving

11. End of procedure. You can now operate the room normally per owner’s manual 3010002814."

B&W hitch