Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #1

Thermostat - RV- COMFORT HP

I thought I had a problem with my main thermostat on my Jayco 36FBTS. I bought a new thermostat to replace old one and while switching them I lost track of what wires attach to the wires coming out of the wall. I have the brown thermostat bundle of 5 wires, and a White and Blue larger wire. For some reason I seem to have no 12volt coming to the wires coming out of the wall. Which wire should have 12volts DC?
We are in South Texas with Temps reaching 112 today, I would really like to figure this out.

Help please!!!
BobbyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #2

I do not if this will help. Here is some pics of my Coleman to Coleman Digital change over. I just changed it one wire at a time with the wire nuts. Our TT is a Jayco 24RKS. Much shorter than yours.
Attached Thumbnails
photo of wiring.jpg   wiring again.jpg   changing wires one at a time.jpg   old and new covers.jpg   before.jpg  

Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #3

Thank you I will check it out. Now I just need to figure out why no voltage coming in.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #4

I never checked any of the wires for voltage when I changed over. Sorry I cannot help with that one. Search the forum there have been several people talking about thermostats and their troubles with them.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #5

Thank you Duke
Old 06-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #6

Red wire should be +12VDC.

The wires are likely labeled somewhere, possibly at the furnace end.

madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #7

The 2 amp fuse that is on madmaxmutt's drawing might be bad. Check that first.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #8

I just installed a 2nd AC unit in my Eagle HT. I got my +12 volt power from the black wire in the wall and my -12 volt power is from the white wire in the wall. They hook directly to your Tstat + and - screws. Then you have the wires that go to your AC unit yellow,green, brown, blue, and white, Your AC unit will have a control box on it that has your 110 volt AC power and the screws with the wire orientation to each screw (color coded). Hopefully you checked the little 2 amp fuse before you got started with all of this. Check the fuse with your multi meter. Hope this helps.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraftonGuns View Post
I just installed a 2nd AC unit in my Eagle HT. I got my +12 volt power from the black wire in the wall and my -12 volt power is from the white wire in the wall. They hook directly to your Tstat + and - screws. Then you have the wires that go to your AC unit yellow,green, brown, blue, and white, Your AC unit will have a control box on it that has your 110 volt AC power and the screws with the wire orientation to each screw (color coded). Hopefully you checked the little 2 amp fuse before you got started with all of this. Check the fuse with your multi meter. Hope this helps.
I am pretty sure he is looking for the factory 12v wire behind the thermostat, not an add-on.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #10

Not sure if this will help but I had an issue on my 2018 28.5 RSTS with the thermostat resetting to 72 degrees. It was because of problems with the 12 volt + wire dropping voltage periodically. I gave up and ran a separate 12V + wire from an empty fuse circuit in the power center. It may be possible for you to do that as an alternative to troubleshooting the existing Jayco wiring.

Good luck!