Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2018, 09:06 AM   #21

This was disappointing

Ok bstannard my interest is piqued. What are you referencing when you say “Nice XT Cub Cadet”? Cause I have one but you wouldn’t know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleheader View Post
Ok bstannard my interest is piqued. What are you referencing when you say “Nice XT Cub Cadet”? Cause I have one but you wouldn’t know that.
I thought everyone on this forum knew you had one.

(psst: look at your forum avatar )
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #23

I posted last year on my furnace not working for the same reason lose ground wire and furnace just sitting there on my 2017 rkds
culleokapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:46 PM   #24

Just noticed the pic next to your post. I'm a Cub dealer along with Case IH ag. Just nice to see someone like his machine enough to add it to his post.
Bill
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #25

We bought a 2017 Jayco JayFlight 29RKS, and our dealer is more concerned with taking our check then showing us around our new unit. And when I tried to call back with questions, they wouldn't answer our calls. I love our unit, and glad we have it, but I will be much more careful from where we buy our next one. We are so thankful that our problems were minor by most standards. Just my opinon if Jayco plans on staying towards the top companies for the future, they need to find dealers that will provide "outstanding" service for us folks. Just saying.
Slow and Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #26

I agree that many dealers simply turn the rig over to you. I suspect the first time ours had power applied to it was when we went for the walk through after purchase.

Fortunately we found few things wrong and only a few minor things have gone bad in this first full year of ownership and about 10k miles of towing.

It would be nice if Jayco paid more attention to the assembly process. Most of our problems have been due to assembly shortcuts or rushing the job.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:45 AM   #27

While I agree that Jayco should have caught this prior to the unit leaving the factory, the dealer also should have caught these things during the PDI. Over a 20 year period we bought 3 trailers from the same dealer. Each time they tested everything and showed us how it all worked prior to our signing off and taking delivery.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #28

Dealers

We looked at a fifth wheel from the same dealer. It turned out ok they wanted way too much for their unit. We bought the same thing with more extras from a dealer closer to home and a LOT cheaper. I bought from the dealer just down the road from the manufacturer and really like their service.
rogers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:18 AM   #29

Just an update regarding our warranty claim. We were directed to return the defective hot water heater module and gas regulator as well as any pics we had of our disconnected furnace. We have complied and confirmed those parts have been received by Jayco. Still awaiting their warranty response.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #30

Good news. While we haven’t received our money we got a call from Jayco this morning and our reimbursement is in the mail. [emoji106]

Old 02-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #31

293rkds

We are picking up our unit next week. I will look at the furnace and hopefully it will be secured properly. Would you have a picture of what yours looked like?
Thanks for the posts...
33dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #32

Really it wouldn’t help you. Just have the dealer remove the partition so you can see it and then ask to be there when they test the furnace.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #33

Ok will do. Thanks
Old 02-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #34

To close out this thread our reimbursement check arrived yesterday from Jayco. Overall I believe Jayco treated us fairly but here are some things to keep in mind if you’re traveling and need service from an independent RV tech.
1. Take pictures of the defect, and take from multiple angles if appropriate.
2. Use a certified tech and take pictures of his trailer. It will surely be plastered with his business information.
3. Retain the defective parts. Jayco will need them for testing.
4. Get a detailed description of service on the invoice. Have material and labor costs broke down for each defect that you had. This is very important as Jayco will want it to bill back it’s suppliers where appropriate.
5. Don’t be a difficult customer. Give them what they need to help you. Be polite. The guy on the other end will usually try his best for you in return.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleheader View Post
To close out this thread our reimbursement check arrived yesterday from Jayco. Overall I believe Jayco treated us fairly but here are some things to keep in mind if you’re traveling and need service from an independent RV tech.
1. Take pictures of the defect, and take from multiple angles if appropriate.
2. Use a certified tech and take pictures of his trailer. It will surely be plastered with his business information.
3. Retain the defective parts. Jayco will need them for testing.
4. Get a detailed description of service on the invoice. Have material and labor costs broke down for each defect that you had. This is very important as Jayco will want it to bill back it’s suppliers where appropriate.
5. Don’t be a difficult customer. Give them what they need to help you. Be polite. The guy on the other end will usually try his best for you in return.

#5 great advice!
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:28 AM   #36

Leaking rear window

First warranty issue
Attached Thumbnails
F3DDA321-F001-443C-92D1-76D51F2EB616.jpg   04EAA97A-F893-4512-8A12-EED7B5CD39AE.jpg  
Old 03-05-2018, 06:21 AM   #37

There will be more, but unless your dealer is next door it’s easier and cheaper to fix the simple stuff yourself. Today I’ll fix the bathroom door that came off the hanger while traveling yesterday.[emoji4]

Old 03-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #38

Glad Jayco stepped up to the plate and reimbursed you for everything. That bodes well for the rest of us.

We learned years ago, even the best RV dealer can't make up for the lack of quality control found in some of these units during a PDI---just impossible. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope your trailer was made in the middle of the week, and hope your servicing dealer steps up to the plate for you on any significant warranty issues. Outside of that the rest is up to you.

I really feel for those folks who are not avid DIY'rs. Every trailer I've purchased new, from 4 different manufacturers, required several weeks of my time realigning, resealing, rewiring, etc. before I was confident it was ready for the road. I pull off every panel and take a peak. More times than not, I find something that needs attention. It is what is.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote