Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
I’m all about the Fake News, although a LITTLE longer is one and a half to twice as long in the drying process from what I’m seeing. Cutting a hole in a camper isn’t scary and pumping heat and AC outside is a bit of an excessive statement. The minuscule amount of air either of these type of dryers use isn’t making a difference in the interior atmosphere of your camper. Unless of course according to the website the seals, filter or condenser/drain on a ventless has a problem and then steam will start being released into the room. Do the research and buy what fits your needs. And Europe can keep whatever is all the rage over there lol...except their pasta and bread....yum...
1.5 to 2 times longer to dry? Where did you find that data? I did not provide any cfm of the condition interior air that is vented outside. Nor did I say it was a lot or little. However it does vent interior air. Feeling it by hand, it's a good amount. More than my bathroom vents blow. The RV dryer uses the drum as the condenser, so it shouldn't fail. Also the RV ventless dryer has no filters. Seals, yes but you will leak water on a vented or ventless. Europe main streams always end up in the US, some take longer than others.

I do agree on your research and buy what fits your needs statement. For us ventless was the way to go and we love it. One of the top mods we've done. Just trying to let others know that when ppl dis the ventless, it doesn't mean they are correct or they are educated on it. Our ventless performs beautifully. I actually like it over our home units. You don't have to take the clothes out from one machine to the other. It does it all in one. Would love a combo unit at home but haven't researched residential units yet to see if they are much larger.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #22

I found the info here, as I researched the difference because you peaked my interest again. I wasn’t interested in getting in a war over one or the other, I could honestly care less what someone buys as I already have mine and love it. The OP asked a question and I answered it stating it was years ago when I read about them and left it at that. You came in using all caps like you were a salesman for ventless dryers which caused me to spend more time than I cared to in the first place lol. They seem pretty cool, I wouldn’t buy one for my house as they are still quite small and slow for that. But for an RV maybe, maybe not, I’d have to dig even deeper and that’s not on the agenda again.
Attached Thumbnails
3A20EE05-773C-478B-ACD4-2579CF0C1480.jpg   0DC1588D-C768-4C30-9821-5136BA08CEF0.jpg  
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #23

Quote:
I found the info here, as I researched the difference because you peaked my interest again. I wasn’t interested in getting in a war over one or the other, I could honestly care less what someone buys as I already have mine and love it. The OP asked a question and I answered it stating it was years ago when I read about them and left it at that. You came in using all caps like you were a salesman for ventless dryers which caused me to spend more time than I cared to in the first place lol. They seem pretty cool, I wouldn’t buy one for my house as they are still quite small and slow for that. But for an RV maybe, maybe not, I’d have to dig even deeper and that’s not on the agenda again.
Definitely not a salesman. Used caps to make a point of little. Not every seems to grasp that. Like the little bit more water it uses. It uses a couple gallons of water to dry but had ppl state it uses a lot of water when it doesn't. So I always try to cover the bases. Same as an Onan 5500 LP vs 5500 gasoline. Oh my they use a lot more propane than gas when in reality it uses a little bit more, not a lot. Lol those people never look at the data.

Do I sell appliances, nope. Do I highly recommend a ventless RV combo dryer, yep. Do I recommend the vented, sure do if you don't mind the hole in the wall and the interior air venting to the outside. Also I hear it's a nightmare getting the vent hose hooked up and in place on the combo units in the barely big enough compartment. I always recommend the ventless over the vented.

I will look on the manufacturers site to see if they list how much longer the ventless dryer takes over the vented. I know our unit for being 120v and ventless doesn't seem to take longer than we expected. But we are camping so we don't care how long it takes. We load it in the morning and unload it before bed. It does it's thing while we are out sight seeing and such.

Earl
Old 09-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #24

Hooking the vent up was an absolute trick in contortionist fashion. I can vouch for that with bloodied knuckles. The biggest concern for me was the humidity when I originally researched them. We Full Timed and in the winter we noticed that heating something on the stove or taking a shower could make the whole camper wet inside. It was always a battle with ceiling vents needing opened occasionally and finally running a nice expensive dehumidifier. Maybe the new RV ones are better but it scared me away. I sure didn’t need any amount of extra humidity added to my headaches.

Good spirited debate, good times Earl
Old 09-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Hooking the vent up was an absolute trick in contortionist fashion. I can vouch for that with bloodied knuckles. The biggest concern for me was the humidity when I originally researched them. We Full Timed and in the winter we noticed that heating something on the stove or taking a shower could make the whole camper wet inside. It was always a battle with ceiling vents needing opened occasionally and finally running a nice expensive dehumidifier. Maybe the new RV ones are better but it scared me away. I sure didn’t need any amount of extra humidity added to my headaches.

Good spirited debate, good times Earl
That might have been dated info, a different brand than I have or residential units. I can confirm that we get no humidity from our unit. It's in our bedroom which is a very small area. We even run it with the closest door closed with no humidity issues. We are from the East coast. We know what humidity is lol it will generate heat but so do vented units. Even with the door closed, we have no humidity and nor excessive heat.

Earl
Old 09-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #26

Amen!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #27

According to the Splendide owners manuals for each unit, they state the following.
Vented:
Average load drying time is 60 to 80 minutes.
Settings, 20 to 180 minutes.
Ventless:
Average load drying time is 60 to 80 minutes.
Settings, 20 to 180 minutes with additional two auto settings.

So according to the two owners manuals, they state the same drying times for Average loads for both units.

According to the quick operation guides for each unit they state the following.
Vented:
90 to 110 minutes to dry.
Ventless:
70 to 110 minutes to dry. Typo maybe on the 70? Not sure?

We run our ventless in the auto very dry setting.

I couldn't find any other info on the Splendide site. I would expect the ventless to take a little more time. Condensing is a good method. Just like an AC unit removing humidity through condensing.

Since both units are only 120v, they will take way longer to dry than your 240v or gas dryers in your home. Which should be a given, at least I'd hope. Lol

Splendide also stated in the quick operation guides that the ventless condensing units do not add heat or humidity to the surrounding area. Which I can confirm on our ventless unit.

Another benefit of a ventless is no vent maintenance.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Old 09-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #28

We just finished a 6+ week trip in our Eagle 321RSTS. This is the first unit we've had with a washer/dryer combo. We've decided we will never travel without a washer/dryer again. Any other units we get will have one. You do get used to the smaller loads but it was invaluable during our trip. Cost is about $1000 and install would be very easy if you're pre-plumbed.
Bakersfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:02 AM   #29

Thank you, thank you everyone for your comments it is deeply appreciated I went today to CW and ask them how much they charge and they where around $1,700. I call the dealer on were I bought it from and there price were $2,100 so now I'm looking to at least to find a good one on Craigslists which I have seen a few.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:28 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Thank you, thank you everyone for your comments it is deeply appreciated I went today to CW and ask them how much they charge and they where around $1,700. I call the dealer on were I bought it from and there price were $2,100 so now I'm looking to at least to find a good one on Craigslists which I have seen a few.
Whoa! Was that including installation!? I bought mine from Camping World when I still had a Good Sam membership and it was around $1100 after tax.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:11 AM   #31

We wish we had stackables in order to keep from giving up a second cabinet and make it easier to transfer clothes to the dryer, but we would not give it up anyway.

Running a small load just about every day, we can live with less clothes and therefore some less storage anyway.

And the pets love the spin cycle. When the house shakes, it's like all eight of them getting a belly rub at the same time- something otherwise impossible. Just really hard to type on the laptop. Like right nnnnnow.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #32

Quote:
Whoa! Was that including installation!? I bought mine from Camping World when I still had a Good Sam membership and it was around $1100 after tax.

That was at CW but I don't think that it was with my Good Sam membership or my military discount that they just started.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
We wish we had stackables in order to keep from giving up a second cabinet and make it easier to transfer clothes to the dryer, but we would not give it up anyway.

Running a small load just about every day, we can live with less clothes and therefore some less storage anyway.

And the pets love the spin cycle. When the house shakes, it's like all eight of them getting a belly rub at the same time- something otherwise impossible. Just really hard to type on the laptop. Like right nnnnnow.

Angus

Lol, yeah I can see it now.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:27 PM   #34

Splendide Washer & Dryer

My wife and I decided before we bought our 5’ver that we wanted a washer & dryer and specifically not the combo. The reason being you can wash a 2nd load while drying your first load. We have the Splendide stackable units and they ran just over $2,000 installed with pan. It is vented outside and vent is non obtrusive. The units are front loading and require smaller loads. The spin out rocks the 5’vr but not bad. We have a tankless water heater and have an error if the temp is higher that 115 degrees. I’m not sure why but it works well like that so we go with it.

I can’t justify the cost over a laundry mat. We chose to have the W/D as a convenience and have no regrets. There are times when we have stayed in a park without a laundromat and we could wash clothes.
Anazeteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
As Ron Popeil used to say set it and forget it.
I caught that reference. Nicely played.
DesertJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
The wife and I were talking about getting one and I told her I will check in to it. What can I expect on getting one install and since I've already have the prep for it, it will fit right in? How much do they cost? Are they worth it? How much more do they weight? Whatever info you guys can give me it will be deeply appreciated.
I am endlessly curious, so purchased both the combo (vented) Splendide and then after 6 months the stacked Splendide. The Stacked is better in every way than the combo unit. It works more like a home unit, and everything about it is less complex to do. Also, the clothes come out perfect without having to mess with the controls to prevent wrinkles. I got the vented combo to work well, but there truly is no comparison between the two. I put the pan at the bottom in case of a leak. I always had to wash and dry separately with the combo unit to get it to work well, but the stacked works so much better. Not sure about weight etc., but does not appear to be an issue at all in my 5th wheel. After owning both, I would stick with the stackable given a choice.
NASAGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:22 PM   #37

Note, not all Jayco units have a stacked prep closet. My Eagle has a combo unit closet, couldn't use stacked units if I wanted to. My guess is all the Eagle and Eagle HT's would be combo prep and not stacked prep. I assume the higher end units are stacked prep.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Old 09-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #38

Ideal settings for Splendide Combo reduces wrinkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Note, not all Jayco units have a stacked prep closet. My Eagle has a combo unit closet, couldn't use stacked units if I wanted to. My guess is all the Eagle and Eagle HT's would be combo prep and not stacked prep. I assume the higher end units are stacked prep.

Earl
Good Point! What I found for those with the combo units. I tested every possible combination with them, and even spoke with Splendide. The tech agreed, but said they did not want this published as they wanted their marketing literature to point out as a feature that you could wash AND dry in one cycle. I found that running the wash cycle separately from the dry cycle allowed access to functions you could not access if you ran BOTH wash and dry cycles together. The results were so much better. Here are the instructions in graphical form.

I've put links to the settings in the photos below.

To wash:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RD...EmjR08s2BkJMCC

To Dry:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G9...YD5B0BdENGR2vj
NASAGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:13 PM   #39

Stacked Washer Dryer in Pinnacle

I installed a stackable Maytag Washer and 220 Volt Dryer in our 2016-38FLSA Pinnacle. The compartment was wide enough but not deep enough. I added two inches of oak hardwood all around the front in order to be able to close the doors. Also, there was a vent pipe that I had to re-route. Put a 4 inch vent pipe out the back for the dryer. Wasn't too bad to do. As ours is a 50 amp service, I ran 220 volt service back to the dryer. I tapped off of the entry in the belly and put a dual 30 Amp circuit breaker for protection in a electrical box. It really drys fast compared to the 120 Volt dryers. The only problem is it won't operate on my Onan 5500 Marquis as it is only 110 volt output. Is really nice though as most of our travels are spent in parks with hookups.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:58 PM   #40

I have the Splendide 2100XC and the wife an I installed it ourselves a couple years ago. Works great with smaller loads while watching TV in the evenings. She removes the some on the laundry just before dry and hands it on a shower curtain rod in the shower. The rod lives against the wall when not in use. We are about 3/4 time and were spending $25 a week at laundromats or $100 a month. We found the best price at PPL Motor homes, just shy of $1000 and free shipping at that time. We were in TX so we stopped in and they loaded the unit into the RV. Nor sure about current prices but they are normally way less the CW. Here's a link to them - https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/
Just checked price & still under 1K didn't look at shipping.

If you decide to do this PM me and I'll get back on some things I learned doing the install in SOB. If your RV's prepped it's pretty simple.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote