Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #21

We got cold water from the cold water faucets in house and camper for the first time in months just this past week.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:52 PM   #22

I’ve only heard of people using hot water supply to toilet to stop condensation on the tank in mountain vacation homes but RV’s don’t have tanks. Sounds like a mistake in Plumming.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelflyer View Post
Hi all....

We're new to RVing and becoming familiar with our Pinnacle 38FLPS as time goes on.

Our toilet is using Hot Water to flush..... This just doesn't sound right to us. We think it should be using cold water.

Where should we be looking to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Penny & Jeff
Doesn't surprise me.It is a jayco after all.some of the things I have had to fix repair or modify is mind boggling to say the least.Electrical, plumbing structure. the tv antenna fell off the first time I used it.They are cheaper for good reason.
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:44 PM   #24
75H

Hi Rebelflyer,

This may sound silly but it is easy to check: Make sure outside shower valves (if equipped) are both turned off. Leaving them on (i.e. after winterizing or just turning off at the shower head) may cause hot/cold flow problems elsewhere. I learned this the hard way on a pull trailer.
75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:35 AM   #25

Wink

I had a 1983 Class A motorhome that flushed with hot water. I thought is was for a cleaner bowl which it did help. I found out it was hot by sitting and doing a courtesy flush. My pull camper seemed to take more water to get the bowl clean with cold water. I liked the hot water flush but had to be careful something didn't get burned down there while sitting.
specar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenne1713 View Post
Also possible that, in this weather, when on city water, your cold water supply is being heated in the Hose by the SUN?... Hose water can easily get OVER 140-deg
Current temps here are 57 F or lower, so ruling out hot water in hose. Sounds like it was connected wrong when built.

Quality control sure sucks the more we look at our trailer.... Obviously money doesn't buy quality anymore.
Rebelflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I’ve only heard of people using hot water supply to toilet to stop condensation on the tank in mountain vacation homes but RV’s don’t have tanks. Sounds like a mistake in Plumming.
I'm also leaning towards wrong plumbing.... Even though there are a few other RV's out there in the same situation we're in.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #28

I've got my new trailer parked next to my work trailer. I haven't even camped in it yet. After some... experiences..., I sort of wish mine was hooked up to the hot water.
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #29

I don't get it. It takes a lot of time to get hot water to any of the faucets in my Greyhawk. How long must you be flushing to get hot water to appear in the toilet? Is the water heater right next to the toilet?

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I don't get it. It takes a lot of time to get hot water to any of the faucets in my Greyhawk. How long must you be flushing to get hot water to appear in the toilet? Is the water heater right next to the toilet?
It doesn't take long at all. Toilet next to the shower and washroom sink. Kitchen is the next room over, so the 12 gal hot water tank is centrally located.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #31

This is hands down or up the funniest post ever. Who touches toilet water to test, melts mounds. This made my day LOL and I’m going to tell 10 friends because this is so funny. Sorry for your issue.
brendajoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendajoro View Post
This is hands down or up the funniest post ever. Who touches toilet water to test, melts mounds. This made my day LOL and I’m going to tell 10 friends because this is so funny. Sorry for your issue.
Luckily it's only a hot water in the toilet issue and not a **** show.... ��
Old 09-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
You oughtta have your hot water tank directly under the bathroom sink like where our White Hawk's is located. First upgrade was getting rid of the two handled faucet for a single lever.

Turning the hot water tap on the old faucet, your hands got burned rather quickly!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #34

2002 Granite Ridge plumbed the same way

I discovered my Granite Ridge was plumbed "Hot" when I replaced the flush valve. Figured it was an error but have never corrected it because it does clean the bowl better. Since there isn't that much water used per flush, it just does get warm upon completion of the task. Since we are almost always plugged in and hooked to city water it hasn't caused me any OCD moments to fix it.
ruralIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #35

Our NP 315 has hot water hooked to the flush. When you hold the flush down it kicks on the on demand water heater.
Ram Laramie 3500, asin, 4x4, DRW 4:10.
2018 NORTH POINT 315, 8K Axles,disk brakes and 17.5"
WayneTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #36
Site Team

One of the toilets in our sticks and bricks is plumbed with hot water. I know it keeps the sewer plumbing from having freezing issues. I wish our TT was that way also...but it's not.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
One of the toilets in our sticks and bricks is plumbed with hot water. I know it keeps the sewer plumbing from having freezing issues. I wish our TT was that way also...but it's not.
Should be fairly easy to run a hot water pex to it.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #38
Site Team

It can be done, but would be easier if I had two right arms though. A sharkbite or two and tubing cutter would take care of it, but the plumbing to the toilet's not in a wonderful place to get to. This summer, I had to replace the vacuum break/diverter in the outside shower faucet, which is in the same space, and had to do the faucet connections one handed and by brail. It wasn't too bad of a job, but warm toitee water isn't on the mod list right now. Maybe if I get bored someday.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
Old 10-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
It can be done, but would be easier if I had two right arms though. A sharkbite or two and tubing cutter would take care of it, but the plumbing to the toilet's not in a wonderful place to get to. This summer, I had to replace the vacuum break/diverter in the outside shower faucet, which is in the same space, and had to do the faucet connections one handed and by brail. It wasn't too bad of a job, but warm toitee water isn't on the mod list right now. Maybe if I get bored someday.
By Braille lol....I literally close my eyes in these scenarios so I can “visualize” what my hands are doing. I’m am stealing and using this term from now on
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
By Braille lol....I literally close my eyes in these scenarios so I can “visualize” what my hands are doing. I’m am stealing and using this term from now on
Feel free! Just don't DRIVE by braille...it never ends well!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD

Tags
toilet repair