Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 AM   #1

Two Questions Lights and Storage

Hello, Newbie here! Owned campers for thirty years. We just bought a 2011 351RLSA. I have yet to figure out where the switches are for the big lights on the front and rear of the trailer. First I would guess I need to replace the bulbs unless someone has that Number they would like to share.
Second - we have some zero gravity chairs that I would like to create a vertical storage for instead of them laying and sliding around in the basement area. Has anyone come up with a fairly light way to hold these chairs in a vertical position. I am not sure where the studs would be to put hooks for bungie cords. Would they be 16" OC? Thanks in advance for your help. PS I guess I have a third question. Has anyone found a decent priced place to buy LED bulbs. Not quite sure why Jayco put such high intensity bulbs in these campers. IE living room, hallway and bedroom!

Thanks again
insadj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new-to-you Jayco.

Call Jayco with your unit's VIN# handy. Request a framing diagram and they will send it to you.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #3

On mine the exterior accent light switch was under the overhang next to the hitch box. Never figured out why the switch was in such a place, except that those lights were probably intended to assist in hitching/unhitching. With the switch outside I only used those lights once or twice.

For knowing what is behind walls and such Jayco seems good about sending drawings when requested.

LED's are just now beginning to have a standard beyond normal automotive and house fittings. You'd have to get into the light to see which fitting it has, if any. Some LED lights are being made as non-replaceable, ie, you have to buy the whole light fixture.

If you cannot find a replacement you could put some tint film or other material inside the light cover to block/attenuate the light a bit (or colored film ).
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #4

On our ‘13 351RLTS they are next to the door with the porch, living and kitchen switches.
I’ve bought LED’s from eBay and Amazon. There are 2 things I consider when buying; color (Kelvin) and brightness (lumens). First figure out what bulb you have and google search (or your favorite search engine) for its specifications (most important is the lumens and shape of the base).
If you want a dimmer bulb search for something with less lumens.
As for color I like a bulb in the 2700-3000K range.
When I find what I want I always buy a few extras as the cheaper ones tend to fail a little more frequently.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote