Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
yes...sorry! I started killing the corona with vodka already!

[emoji1787][emoji23] I’ve been killing it with gin! [emoji3]

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
x3...way to much!
Get a quote from performancetrailerbraking.com
You can install yourself or they will have a local tech come to you and install!
X4!!!
I'll have about $2600 in mine and that's powdercoated calipers and mounts, niccop line, rubber insulated line clamps, wiring that didn't come with my kit, MADE IN USA Timken bearings and races and I also got a dumb dumb injury that was free. Lol!
Buy the kit, give me a month to let my injury heal, and I'll install it at my house in 1 day for $1100. I'll provide the brake fluid, niccop line and better clamps too.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:22 PM   #63

You got a deal!! Lol. I'm in Macomb Twp.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:17 PM   #64

Macomb?? Oh boy. That's a hot zone right now. We're gonna have to wait and let it cool off a little.
Hopefully things will be settled down a lot a month from now.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:33 PM   #65

Yea and besides your on the IR to begin with!
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #66

That is enticing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
X4!!!
I'll have about $2600 in mine and that's powdercoated calipers and mounts, niccop line, rubber insulated line clamps, wiring that didn't come with my kit, MADE IN USA Timken bearings and races and I also got a dumb dumb injury that was free. Lol!
Buy the kit, give me a month to let my injury heal, and I'll install it at my house in 1 day for $1100. I'll provide the brake fluid, niccop line and better clamps too.
Hmmm, and we are likely to be in SouthWestern MI in July (depending on COVID19 of course)

Be careful what you offer, we might take you up on it!
TouringRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #67

New disc brake convert here..... just like the title.... what a difference. I should have done this as soon as I bought the camper. I will never have another camper without disc brakes. I bought the kit from stopyourtrailer.com and did the install myself. Had about $2000 in the kit. Ordered it with the standard 1/2" wheel studs, they screwed up and sent the 9/16 so I had to order $100 worth of lug nuts to finish the job. Took the camper for a trial run tonight and I think I can stop the truck and camper shorter than without the camper. Truck is a 2016 Silverado 3500 SRW with a 355MBQS 5th wheel, that's a 40' 13000 lb camper. All campers this size should come from the factory with disc brakes. For those looking to install, I did not need the adapter for the truck to make this work either.
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh355mbqs View Post
New disc brake convert here..... just like the title.... what a difference. I should have done this as soon as I bought the camper. I will never have another camper without disc brakes. I bought the kit from stopyourtrailer.com and did the install myself. Had about $2000 in the kit. Ordered it with the standard 1/2" wheel studs, they screwed up and sent the 9/16 so I had to order $100 worth of lug nuts to finish the job. Took the camper for a trial run tonight and I think I can stop the truck and camper shorter than without the camper. Truck is a 2016 Silverado 3500 SRW with a 355MBQS 5th wheel, that's a 40' 13000 lb camper. All campers this size should come from the factory with disc brakes. For those looking to install, I did not need the adapter for the truck to make this work either.
So, the 9/16 studs, are those on the Titan rotors that have the screw on dust caps??
Also, my 15 Silverado needed the adapter. Apparently there was a change in the brake controller in the 16 and newer that they don't need the adapter?

Btw, welcome to the disc brake club! I have the same thoughts. Trailers this size shouldn't even be allowed on the road unless they have disc brakes.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #69

I’m not sure if they are kodiak or titan rotors, they do have the clear plastic screw on dust covers. I didnt do as much as you as far as powder coat etc. I did use the bearings that came with the kit. My kit was also the hard line with flex line to each wheel. I welded in some tubing above each axle to mount the brake line to. The brake lines were a little long, I had to make some large sweeping S to get the limes to work. I may shorten those in the future. Correct, my 2016 Silverado did not require the adapter
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:57 AM   #70

I finished my disc brake install on Saturday and did a 30 mile test run and I must say it was money well spent!
2020 F-450 Lariat 6.7l CCLB DRW
rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disc brakes