Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #1

Brand new Jayco TT and no place to go :(

Bought a 2019 Jayfeather 20BH with the flipped axles for better ground clearance and the glacier package. We live in the dinky town of Haines AK in the southeastern part of the state and the only road out of here goes to Canada about 40 miles away. Normally western Canada and the mainland Alaska would be our playground but we are stuck here at home, the border shut down and travel restrictions state wide. It's really bumming me out, as I have been dreaming about hitting the road all winter! Anyway, for those of you who can get out and enjoy your rigs, I'm envious as can be, but also am eager to hear about all of your adventures this summer. Play safe but get out there! You are probably in a safer and better place than at home anyway.

My trailer that we bought last fall. Spent Just around 10 days camping before putting it in my camper port for the winter..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190919_174654.jpg   IMG_20190905_165247.jpg  
eagle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:31 PM   #2

It won’t be to long before you’ll be hitting the open road. Hang in there Eagle55!

K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Holbrook View Post
It won’t be to long before you’ll be hitting the open road. Hang in there Eagle55!
Thanks! I'm going to set it up for in my driveway if nothing else, just to go sit at the table and dream of when we can get back to normal..
Old 04-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #4
Site Team

NY state parks don't open for camping until May 1st...maybe. Our TT is still covered up, and we don't know yet if our reservations will be honored or not. I think it's going to be a park-by-park, case-by-case decision on the part of the governor. It might be Camp Driveway for us most of the time.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
NY state parks don't open for camping until May 1st...maybe. Our TT is still covered up, and we don't know yet if our reservations will be honored or not. I think it's going to be a park-by-park, case-by-case decision on the part of the governor. It might be Camp Driveway for us most of the time.

I hope they do for you!

Here in Haines, we do have 2 state parks in the immediate area (one is 3 miles away the other, 15 miles) that I would go camp in, if they are opened. My guess is they wont as mentioned, the AK Canada border is closed. But they may leave the gates opened for us local yocals.. Or what is also common is to just camp anywhere off the road. So yeah, I think we'll get out of the driveway, so it might not be a total bust.

I bought new solar panels and controller, and those are definitely getting installed first thing
Old 04-08-2020, 07:54 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle55 View Post
I hope they do for you!

Here in Haines, we do have 2 state parks in the immediate area (one is 3 miles away the other, 15 miles) that I would go camp in, if they are opened. My guess is they wont as mentioned, the AK Canada border is closed. But they may leave the gates opened for us local yocals.. Or what is also common is to just camp anywhere off the road. So yeah, I think we'll get out of the driveway, so it might not be a total bust.

I bought new solar panels and controller, and those are definitely getting installed first thing
Thanks. Where ever you get to go, have a great time, and let it de-stress you.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote