Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2020, 11:01 PM   #41

[QUOTE Well some States are acting on this in a Positive way. Missouri, Maine, & Arkansas opened up Fishing without a License for the next few weeks. Helps keep some Sanity]

W Va announced fishing without a license for residents thru Apr 26.
Mitch S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #42

It's legal to fill up your fuel tank, just do it in another state.
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #43
Lost in the Woods

Florida joins the party, and goes into full lockdown tomorrow.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pward View Post
The police have no authority to stop some one for "driving around" as the governor's wish is not state law. Regardless, enjoy your time alone.
Well said!

Carl-
chevyman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #45

Idaho has had a stay at home order for about a week, until about April 15th. It could easily get extended...

Bought a new 5th wheel in February and not sure when our maiden voyage will happen.

And this virus WILL NOT cease with this kind of STUPUD, RUDE, SELFISH behavior.
https://www.statesman.com/news/20200331/28-ut-students-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-returning-from-spring-break-trip-to-mexico-officials-say
Unfortunately not the first occurrence. Can't parents drop the hammer and say no to Johnny and Susie😠. Sure there are instances, kjds are self funding themselves and not living at home I guess. Or just give advice and hope they listen.
msubobcatsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetime58 View Post
If a declared state of emergency is in effect......it gives authorities all sorts of new powers.....they might just have the right to stop you just because!

Very true. Even at the best of times they can and will find a reason. Truly doesnot take much. Lic plate light out, no turn signal while changing lanes, rolling stop, there is always a reason for a traffic stop
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #47

Ohio been Stay at Home for a week. Our Repub Gov wanted to actually bend the curve. If you want to see the data that supports a real separation policy look HERE and then select states with policy and compare with states with no policy.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #48

It's a sacrifice we all have to make.More important cross your fingers you dont get sick and pray for the unfortunate ones that are sick. Good luck everyone.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:45 PM   #49

Some may know or have met Gary Bunzer, "The RV Doctor" FYI, I understand that Gary is in intensive care suffering from corvid19.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #50

Go online and get a copy of any Executive Order your governor releases. Ours in Michigan says you can drive from one residence to another so we went up to the cottage. On the other side , three electricians were fined $500 for working on a nonessential job. (New construction) In Mich it’s a misdemeanor to violate the EO. Be careful out there.
Boze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Some may know or have met Gary Bunzer, "The RV Doctor" FYI, I understand that Gary is in intensive care suffering from corvid19.

That is a shame, I hope he has a speedy recovery! I watched many of his videos on YouTube.
He is a Great Guy!
Danfromdenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #52
Site Team

PA announced this afternoon that it has issued a state wide stay at home order. It had been just select counties to this point.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyof5 View Post
Very true. Even at the best of times they can and will find a reason. Truly doesnot take much. Lic plate light out, no turn signal while changing lanes, rolling stop, there is always a reason for a traffic stop
And they have caught many a criminal due to these simple infractions. 99 times out of 100 it’s just a courtesy stop and I would never object to that if it means keeping you & your family and mine safe.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #54

Georgia goes to mandatory shelter in place starting Friday, the shelter in place is in effect till April 13, all schools are closed for the rest of the school year.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #55

Once you're pulled over, license, registration and insurance. Do not, I say again, do not interact with any small talk. I have never known anyone to talk themselves out of jail.

The more you talk the more likely you're going to get yourself in trouble. This from someone that's been a LEO for over 20 years.

Carl-
chevyman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #56

Just got back last night from a spring trip to Florida. Drove our Seneca 35GS. Going down there were a steady stream of RVs on the road North. Camp ground in Tampa closed as we checked in and said they would not let us in if we came from Miami. We were not in any close contact with anyone. We went down for the purpose of helping the daughter get setup in her home she just move into. On the way home there were RVs going south.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman30 View Post
Once you're pulled over, license, registration and insurance. Do not, I say again, do not interact with any small talk. I have never known anyone to talk themselves out of jail.

The more you talk the more likely you're going to get yourself in trouble. This from someone that's been a LEO for over 20 years.
I got pulled over about 2 months ago for running [rolling thru] a stop sign. As the officer approached the car I said "Kinda blew through that stop sign, didn't I". He said yeah but honesty goes a long way with him and said if your license checks out I'll let you off with a warning, which he did. I actually don't run stop signs ever but that night I was late for work.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
No, no, no,... you're looking at this all wrong. This is a good thing for you guys. Get that rig all filled with fuel, park it at the house and you guys will be camping for weeks or months. Enjoy it!
We get locked down, my 5er is already at my house. I'll pull it 40' from along side the house into the driveway, connect things up and camp like its 1999! Lol!
WE have worked on our rig all winter. Just to be ready for our summer trip north. It is hooked up in the drive way at home. The other night we took our supper and went out to the Motor Home and got comfy in our new recliners and watch a movie on our new power up TV.. We then went to bed in the RV and got up in the morning, had our coffee and started back into the house.
My neighbor Hollard from her yard. "where have you guys been?" I Hollard back, "spent the night in Montana". We live in south central Texas.
With the drapes closed we could be anywhere we want to be.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:33 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
I got pulled over about 2 months ago for running [rolling thru] a stop sign. As the officer approached the car I said "Kinda blew through that stop sign, didn't I". He said yeah but honesty goes a long way with him and said if your license checks out I'll let you off with a warning, which he did. I actually don't run stop signs ever but that night I was late for work.
Yesterday after almost 4 weeks of staying home, we decided to go see if the Propane guy was open. The first light I hit turned red. AS we sat waiting for it to change, We began to discuss the different businesses we saw that were either open of closed. Out of my peripheral vision I seen the light change so I went. AS soon as I got to the center of the intersection I seen that our light was still red. I had noticed the cross street light as it changed and still talking pulled out. So did the cop car behind me with his lights going.
As he walked up to the passenger side, he said. " He didn't just do that !!"
WE explained that we had been isolated at home for 4 weeks and were having a discussion about what businesses were open and which were closed and how I had see the other light change and off I went.
He checked our paper work and then ran my license, came back and said, have a nice day. and off we went.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #60

Also in NJ. I'm not planning on any outside activities for this year. Can't camp, fish, hike or canoe. The state is closed to all residents. I guess going to check my trailer is now out of the question. The mice will take over and it will be in the scrap heap next year.
Fredmoldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote