Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #1

2018.5 Seneca 37HJ S2RV Wind Noise

I know it was posted earlier but I am unable to resurrect it. What is the Hillman plastic plug (9/16 & 3/4 I believe) part number’s purchased from Lowe’s to plug the mirror holes? I just came from Lowe’s and didn’t have any luck in finding them. Thanks in advance.
Martigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #2
Drv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martigg View Post
I know it was posted earlier but I am unable to resurrect it. What is the Hillman plastic plug (9/16 & 3/4 I believe) part number’s purchased from Lowe’s to plug the mirror holes? I just came from Lowe’s and didn’t have any luck in finding them. Thanks in advance.
They are usually in the specialty hardware section with pull out drawers, i did notice our local lowes has changed there plan o gram....ie isle layouts so they may no longer carry them if you didn't see them.
I found this on amazon.
The Hillman Group 58133 9/16-Inch Black Nylon Hole Plug, 15-Pack
I only found white in 3/4!!!
The Hillman Group 58139 3/4-Inch Natural Nylon Hole Plug, 10-Pack
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:46 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. Amazon it is.
Martigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:19 PM   #4
Drv

Your welcome...interestingly i came across some black rubberized plugs that i might try as well. I did buy the hillman plugs at lowes but did not seal them in with caulk or anything. I have lost most of them while driving down the road last camping season. I never got to "my around to it" to put a couple dabs of caulk or sealant to hold them and partially didn't know if I liked the idea of caulking/adhering them in. I may try the rubberized plugs to see if the tolerances are tighter and will stay in on their own. If not ill just buy the hillman plugs again and put a dab of sikkaflex or similar polyurethane caulk/adhesive on them next go around.
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote