Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2021, 04:28 PM   #1

Equalizer Leveling System question

So my leveling system stopped working last night. I put it on auto level and the back legs went down about half way. When it was time for the fronts to go down they went down about three inches and the whole system stopped and said level. When I tried retracting all the backs came up but the fronts stayed down. The fluid looks full and their doesn't seem to be any leaks. The coach is driveable as they are just barely down, I called Equalizer and talked with the emergency tech and he thought the next step would be to check the fuses on the control board in the storage compartments. I have been looking for the control board but nothing is jumping out at me. Anyone have an idea on where it might be on a 2018 FS?
BIGPAPA1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:00 PM   #2

I own an RB but I am not sure or aware that there is a fuse on the main control, have never seen one but cant hurt to check. The control is usually mounted in the center of the coach and it is mounted to the bottom of the floor and accessed through one of the compartments. You may have to remove an access panel to get to it. Mine is a 2018.5 RB and is accessed from the drivers side compartment door just in front of the rear axle. I know on mine there is a fuse on the pump unit itself, but if the pump runs at all, that fuse should be good.
Attached Thumbnails
i-Nz5f5f4-X2_LI.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:05 PM   #3

You may need to reset the zero point (calibrate the system).

My system did something similar once when it detected an excess slope condition. I moved the coach a little to the side, ran the jacks down manually, retracted the jacks and then ran auto level. Haven't had a problem since that incident.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:48 PM   #4

Not sure if this helps, but I just had a somewhat similar experience, and checked the electrical connections on the pump. Found that three of the large connection points were loose. Tightened them up and problem solved.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:27 PM   #5

Rusty, Thanks again for all you and others do to contribute. Your picture of the controller led me in the right direction. On my 2018 37FS however it is in the same bay just on the passenger side. After locating the module I took it apart and found the fuses the tech spoke of. There are five Mini blade fuses (picture) I replaced the blown one and retracted and then ran a level cycle. Blown fuse again so on to finding that. MRichaud I will be looking for those connections tomorrow. I did find this dangling box by the pump, anyone have any ideas of what it is? It was slightly corroded and could be a cause of my issue but I would like to know what it is first and how it is connected to the coach.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0885.jpg   IMG_0881.jpg  
Old 04-11-2021, 07:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPAPA1970 View Post
Rusty, Thanks again for all you and others do to contribute. Your picture of the controller led me in the right direction. On my 2018 37FS however it is in the same bay just on the passenger side. After locating the module I took it apart and found the fuses the tech spoke of. There are five Mini blade fuses (picture) I replaced the blown one and retracted and then ran a level cycle. Blown fuse again so on to finding that. MRichaud I will be looking for those connections tomorrow. I did find this dangling box by the pump, anyone have any ideas of what it is? It was slightly corroded and could be a cause of my issue but I would like to know what it is first and how it is connected to the coach.

So there are fuses in there, good to know! That box is the solenoid contacts for the pump. On mine it is held on to the pump motor with a hose clamp, looks like yours is missing. I doubt it is grounded though the body but being loose, the contacts engaging might cause enough movement to short something out and blow a fuse. Try securing it and see if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
i-CsZMdgr-XL.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:28 PM   #7

So after some trouble shooting with Antonio, Derek and Mark at Equalizer I have found the culprit! This coil relay part #3074 is causing all the issues. I have ordered 2 just in case and I will let you know the end results.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg