Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2021, 09:46 AM   #1

Jayco Seneca 37TS Power problems

I have a 2015 Jayco 37TS that I recently changed the batteries and unfortunately bumped the last positive cable on the frame before the last hook up. The issues I am having are both AC units & fridge have no AC power and passenger slide outs are not working. Both thermostats have 12volt power to display temp and temp setting, however, does not start either units. With the fridge, I can run propane but no AC. Also gives me a low DC error. The passenger slide outs are no longer working (driver side still works). When I push the in or out button you hear a clicking sound by the fuse box inside the bedroom.

I've checked the four 25amp fused for the cross polarization in the fuse panel and everything looks good. I've disconnected all + and - cables on the batteries to reset the 12 volt system and turned all breakers on and off with no change. Is there another fuse to check or should I take it in to the dealer?
jkealoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:51 AM   #2

Additional note on the slide out issue is that the slide outs worked after the battery change. We may have brought in both passenger slide outs in at the same time when it stopped working. may be an unrelatable issue to the AC and fridge problem.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #3

Are you plugged into shore power? Try running the generator to see if you have power. It sounds like you have lost 110 vac. The loss of 119 power would stop the converter from charging batteries and eventually cause your 12 dc circuits to stop working. Do you have power to outlets. Be sure whichever outputs you test are not on the inverter. Sometimes the transfer switch will lock up in the generator position and the shore power will not feed the system. Also be sure that the circuit breaker on the chassis battery’s is not tripped that breaker is what supples and recharges dc power when the engine is running.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:01 PM   #4

No shore power available, however, the generator was running during this test. Would you recommend plugging into shore power to trip the shore power to generator relay?

Is there another fuse for the inverter that I should check and where is the circuit breaker for the chassis batteries (in the house or battery bay)? How would I check it if in the battery bay or house?

Thank for your help
Old 01-26-2021, 04:32 PM   #5

Did you cycle the circuit breaker on the generator? If not, reset that first. The default on the transfer switch is generator so I would think it is already on that but if you could plug it that would help. However first thing is to test an outlet or two. Use the gfi one in the bath. That is normally not on an inverter.

The chassis battery circuit is a small plastic knife switch on the batteries. These are located under the drivers seat. You have to remove the panel when the door is open. There are three Tori screws that have to come out then look on top of the batteries for a small plastic knife switch. Reset that.

When I replaced my batteries the first time I too caused a spark and had to reset the chassis batterie switch.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco seneca