Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2021, 10:34 AM   #1

ScanGauge D

I just ordered a ScanGauge D for my Seneca. It should be here next week.
It won't have as much info as the pad that Rustynuts uses :- )

I am interested if anyone out there has one and if so what data do you find the most useful. I am interested in the HP rating and how accurate it is?
Also has anyone reset a code and extended the time before de-rate? What I am thinking is we have had some problems with the DEF Header and were starting to de-rate before we got to the Frieghtliner dealer. Could I have reset the code and extended the time I had before getting de-rated?
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #2

I use the transmission temperature a lot.
Also like the Boost and HP read outs.
BC Accolade 2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:02 AM   #3

The Scan Gauge was not able to clear the codes and prevent limp mode when our DEF header failed last winter.
phuggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuggit View Post
The Scan Gauge was not able to clear the codes and prevent limp mode when our DEF header failed last winter.
DAMN!!!! That is exactly opposite of what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for letting me know..... I may send it back and get the Bluetooth one like rustynuts.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
DAMN!!!! That is exactly opposite of what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for letting me know..... I may send it back and get the Bluetooth one like rustynuts.

I really like the Bluefire over the Scangauge for the flexibility. You can set it up however you want with as much info as you want and have a code reader that tells you what the code is, not just give you a number. What is really nice is you can set audio warning and danger ranges so you really dont have to look at the gauges, they will tell you when something is wrong. I only glance at the oil, temp, trans temp and boost gauges, thats why I have them larger and at the bottom of the screen, the rest I know the dash will tell me if something is wrong, the scangauge cant.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I really like the Bluefire over the Scangauge for the flexibility. You can set it up however you want with as much info as you want and have a code reader that tells you what the code is, not just give you a number. What is really nice is you can set audio warning and danger ranges so you really dont have to look at the gauges, they will tell you when something is wrong. I only glance at the oil, temp, trans temp and boost gauges, thats why I have them larger and at the bottom of the screen, the rest I know the dash will tell me if something is wrong, the scangauge cant.
I tend to agree, my only concern is the same others have posted, the size of my iPad is just too big of a distraction. I was thinking about just using a phone. Not sure I want to go buy another pad. Still thinking about it. Meanwhile, the ScanGauge D arrived this morning.
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
Old 05-14-2021, 10:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
I tend to agree, my only concern is the same others have posted, the size of my iPad is just too big of a distraction. I was thinking about just using a phone. Not sure I want to go buy another pad. Still thinking about it. Meanwhile, the ScanGauge D arrived this morning.

You can use a old phone just as well, just lay it on the cubby, if you have alerts set up you dont have to even look at it. May people are using a cheap Amazon Fire tablet, 7" seems to be the most popular.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote