Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #1

Seneca Side Entry Door

I have a 2016 Seneca 37 FS and the top of the side entry door moves in and out while driving down the road. We have the door latch locked, but the latch seems unable to keep the door tight. I have taken it to the dealer and of course, they have done nothing to solve the problem. Has anybody gone through this problem? Suggestions? New door?

Tod
Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
I have a 2016 Seneca 37 FS and the top of the side entry door moves in and out while driving down the road. We have the door latch locked, but the latch seems unable to keep the door tight. I have taken it to the dealer and of course, they have done nothing to solve the problem. Has anybody gone through this problem? Suggestions? New door?

Tod
I have a 2014 TS and follow the forums pretty closely, I can't say I have read anything similar to what you are experiencing. Maybe another Seneca owner will chime in.

I thought I read somewhere long ago that RV entry doors had a slight top to bottom "curve" built into them so that the top and bottom edges "hit" first and then the center of the door pulls in when you latch the door. Very slight, probably 1/4" or so. Made this way for the expressed purpose of keeping the door tight in the jamb.

I wonder if that is the case if your door got bent somewhere along the line?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:01 PM   #3

I did find a post about door camber in another category. Maybe this would be applicable:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ent-52442.html
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
MD3

My door does this in heavy cross winds.... the window over he sink will flex enough it opens on the sides while staying closed on the bottom also in the heavy cross winds.
I’m not sure how the window does not break.

We’ve had it happen a couple of times but I can’t replicate it for the dealer. I need to video it next time it happens.

No idea how to fix these but I’ll be watching here to see if anyone has solutions.

-
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:34 PM   #5

2017 37ts door

We can see the latch bolts that go into the door latch from the outside! Not sure this is right.
jrwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #6

In heavy crosswinds, I also have a problem where the kitchen window is flexing and the entry door is flexing. I have more problems with the entry door and I will have to check the door and see if it has the chamber. If anybody here has a 2016 37 FS maybe they can let me know if they have a noticeable chamber on the entry door.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #7

Looked at a Renegade Valencia yesterday and tested the house entry door. It did not budge at all when tugged on. Cannot see latching pins. Still a Bauer lock but better installation.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #8

What about standing inside and pushing on the top of the door? Does it bend out?