Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2020, 10:27 PM   #1

Stress cracks

I have a 2014 jayco seneca 37RB. On a trip out west (after 2200 miles) while towing a 20 foot trailer with a small car I pulled into a campsite and noticed a 8 inch long crack at an angle from the rear passenger slide bedroom slide towards the basement door. I hit nothing! Yet there’s a crack! I regularly wash and wax my coach (nearly every day) so I know the crack wasn’t there yesterday. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I just turned 25,000 miles on the odometer. Roads weren’t too bad. Ugh!
marcstiefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:20 AM   #2

We have right at 80,000 on our 2015 37FS and we have the front lower corner stress crack, also. Its not as long as yours, but there. Having spent my working career in the fiberglass boat world, this isn't unusual for hard cuts in fiberglass. Solution would be to drill a small hole in the corner of the crack. I've not done this, but my crack is only about 3 inches long. The most common reason is a bubble between the gel coat and the fiberglass cloth. I would watch it, but don't think its a big deal. Temporary solution to prevent water from getting in there is hard rub car wax into the crack. Just watch it, its just aging fiberglass. Not a big deal, unless you let your motorhome sit in water for long periods of time like a large fiberglass boat.

Just my opinion, your results may vary.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote