Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #1

Angry Super C Prices - Ouch!

I cannot believe the price increases the Super C's are experiencing in the last 2 years. I thought the price was high when pushing $170K, maybe 3 years ago. Every time I look at Jayco's website the price noticeable keeps going up and up! Earlier this summer I noticed they were just north of $250K. Last night I saw the MSRP (Jayco's website) list "Starting at $296K". The 37M starts at $302K, Ouch!

I wonder what their profit margins are on these things? :

One thing I found interesting, and I suspect could be false advertising. On their home page it states "Starting at $…" But when you click on the model you like and before adding any optional items, the price is $302K, as they already have checked the "Customer Value Package (mandatory)?". If it is mandatory, than why is it not included in the base price. Sounds sneaky and false leading.

I kinda would like to seriously consider a Super C, but I really do not want to work a few extra years to afford it. I think if we are going to be serious about buying one we need to buy a used late model one quickly. I have noticed they are selling for more than they sold for new.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Old 11-08-2021, 01:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
One thing I found interesting, and I suspect could be false advertising. On their home page it states "Starting at $…" But when you click on the model you like and before adding any optional items, the price is $302K, as they already have checked the "Customer Value Package (mandatory)?". If it is mandatory, than why is it not included in the base price. Sounds sneaky and false leading.
It has been like that for years on just about every rig they build.

EDIT: Should have included other brands do the same thing.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #3

I hear you, Jagiven. If I did have the money, I can see myself wondering if I shoud get a Super C, or a house for my kid.
Old 11-08-2021, 05:53 PM   #4

That would be the last thing I would waste $300k on, heck even $80k is to much.
Old 11-08-2021, 05:56 PM   #5

New guy first motorhome, purchased a 2022 Entegra Accolade 37M in Alvarado Tx from MHSRV. Before tax 224,000. I cried a little on the way home.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakodog View Post
New guy first motorhome, purchased a 2022 Entegra Accolade 37M in Alvarado Tx from MHSRV. Before tax 224,000. I cried a little on the way home.
Welcome aboard

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Old 11-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #7

When was the last time you bought groceries ? Last month Rib Eye steaks in NW Florida was $8.98 per lb. Today they are $13.98 per lb. Everything is going up here in Florida because of things being done by Genius’s who know everything.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:18 PM   #8

Up here in Canuck land a pound of bacon is just under $9,00 dollars and they say prices going up, it’s getting be that a guy just gets up in the morning to see what else has gone up just sheer craziness
Old 11-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #9

A Lot of people are taking advantage of them going up, and selling thiers that they just bought,, 2021's, I seen one sale a 2018, which I paid 155,000 for mine used , the guy sold his for 185,000 freaking crazy,,
Old 11-13-2021, 07:02 AM   #10

Sticker prices on just landed Greyhawks are pushing over 150k. Our hobby is going to be enjoyed by a different class of people - i certainly cant keep up with those kinds of prices. It wasn’t that long ago where a Greyhawk broke 110k; that was eye opening back than.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Old 11-13-2021, 07:32 AM   #11

If you can REALLY afford one, you have to go beyond the purchase price. Service and repairs are expensive and if you want to drive it you have to be able to afford fuel.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:14 AM   #12

Supply and demand. As wages go up, so do prices.
Old 11-14-2021, 05:40 AM   #13

bull
Old 11-14-2021, 07:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Supply and demand. As wages go up, so do prices.
I'd like to know WHO'S wages have gone up?? Mine sure haven't. Neither has ANYONE I know.
Must be corporate management people.
My union contract is up in 5 months and its gonna be UGLY. People can blame unions for their people having these overpaid and under worked jobs for the reason why prices are so high, take a look into the rv industry. None of those people are union and they make crap for wages. So wheres all the extra money from these "price increases" going?
Corporate America.
Old 11-14-2021, 07:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I'd like to know WHO'S wages have gone up?? Mine sure haven't. Neither has ANYONE I know.
Must be corporate management people.
My union contract is up in 5 months and its gonna be UGLY. People can blame unions for their people having these overpaid and under worked jobs for the reason why prices are so high, take a look into the rv industry. None of those people are union and they make crap for wages. So wheres all the extra money from these "price increases" going?
Corporate America.
Simple and in plain view. The price of building materials has gone up and so has the cost of labor and benefits. Union wages don’t go up because there is a contract and we wouldn’t want the corporate to violate the compensation terms of a contract would we. That is after all the benefits of belonging to a union. Been there, done that, never again.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #16

Our union contract has this "effects bargaining" agreement. That allows the union and company to "renegotiate" things in the contract. One thing that never gets "effects bargained" for is our wages. Your "been there, done that" comment I dont agree with, BUT i dont disagree with you either. I dont want to hijack the OP's thread on that subject. We can start a new thread discussion on that topic. Lol!
Point I was trying to make was, regardless if you are union or not, the poor working man out there keeping the world going around is getting stiffed watching the prices of everything out there under the moon and stars going up except their wages. While we are keeping the world going around, corporate america just keeps getting richer and gives nothing of it back to its employees or customers. I understand supply and demand, when demand goes up, prices go up. Do wages go up? Nope. Understandably when demand goes up prices go up. Do wages go up? Nope. And even when demand and prices go down, companies are still making HUGE profits. Companies have to make money, I get it, but how much is enough?
When the price of a Super C nearly doubles in 3 years?? C'mon, that's ridiculous. You know their profit margin is high, I dont care how much building material went up.
My 17 Northpoint brand new in 16 when we bought it was $85k. We got it for 30% off that MSRP tax, title, tag, and hooked to my truck down the road. Now that same unit is well over $100k now AND dealers aren't budging off those MSRP prices. Auto dealers are even worse,... selling vehicles at $25k ABOVE MSRP??? Just because they can... what kind of crap is that? You want to see prices of stuff go down real fast, quit buying it. Pretty simple. But today's people,.. it's all about me.
Sorry for the rant... Jagiven, I feel for ya. It's a crap shoot really. If you try to hold out for a few years hoping things will calm down, will the prices really come down or will you get a bigger % off that MSRP to make you think you got a good deal?? Or just bite the bullet now to avoid paying even more down the road? Let's hope the new buyers out there that paid a lot today dont have the market crash and end up upside down like the housing market did 15 years ago.
Either way,.. tough call. Good luck in your decision!
Old 11-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Auto dealers are even worse,... selling vehicles at $25k ABOVE MSRP??? Just because they can... what kind of crap is that?
One big reason is they only have a limited supply to sell and cover the expenses which they still have and which have also gone up. (Utilities, salaries, insurance etc)

If you need to sell 100 to cover your overhead and now only have 25 what would you do?
Old 11-14-2021, 02:49 PM   #18

Send the bill back to the suppliers (China) for not keeping up their end of their contract. Lol!
Old 11-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
One big reason is they only have a limited supply to sell and cover the expenses which they still have and which have also gone up. (Utilities, salaries, insurance etc)

If you need to sell 100 to cover your overhead and now only have 25 what would you do?
A lot of dealerships lost their franchises a few years back during the bailouts and that limited supply.

I know of dealers in Kentucky that we’re selling over sticker back in 83 and 84 and they could do it because the brand had no other dealers within 150 miles.

Building materials in some cases have more than tripled. Look at the cost of a PT 2x4 today vs one or two years ago. The cost of production will always get passed to the consumer.
Old 11-15-2021, 11:55 AM   #20

Up here in Canuck land our government has not only sold some of our resources to China they even allow them to bring in armed guards to protect their assets and they are exempt from having to report on how many they have , talk about giving them a BIG foot in the door for future conquests
Closed Thread