Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
Site Team

quote- "my one concern is the walk around queen bed"

No need to be concerned, you can walk around the bed to get out of the bedroom in the middle of the night, without climbing over the bed. This was a must for us when considering this TT. Our previous TT had the bed in the front sideways, so I had to climb over DW to get out of bed for those late night bathroom runs. Then climb back over her to get in. No good. So when we went trailer shopping a walk around bed was one of the must haves for us.

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy76 View Post
I think the couch slide would be sufficient for us, wife, 7 year old and I. If a couple people want to drop in they can sit on the sofa and chat with us at the dinette table, while we enjoy the view out the dinette window. The only thing we dont like is no large wardrobe closet for long dresses and the sink is not in the bathroom, other than that we love the layout.
My one concern is the walk around queen bed, is it a true walk around for a couple of average size? or will we end up crawling over the bed to use the bath in the middle of the night disturbing our partner? I do like those trailers with the dual entrance into the master bedroom.
You haven't physically walked through the 29bhs?

Bedroom... there is no *real* hanging closet but conversely there is lotsa storage for a couple weeks worth of clothes in the overhead cabinet or above in the cabinet above the "end table". Next to each side of the bed there is an electric outlet and 'end table'/platform for cell phones, alarm clocks, flashlights, etc. There isn't a lot of room to go around the bed, but with me being lighter weight, I use the side of the bed on the street side so I can get around the end of the bed to get out of the room easier then my 250lb hubby... he fits, it's just easier for my smaller frame to go around the foot of the bed...

Dinette... Only 4 people can sit at that table! And(!) only if two on one side are no bigger than 6' or 200lbs! We have had three grandkids, me, and Papa eating and campin'. Papa usually sits on couch and the older grandkids and myself will sit at the table (One yr old baby hasn't camped yet!).

Ya know, I'm thinkin' we should do a "true-to-life" Youtube video of the 28 bhs/29 G2 bhs! LOL

-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #13

We walked thru the Starcraft version, but we physically did not go around the bed.
As far as closet space goes, we were thinking of removing the upper bunk and putting a short rod across the end of the bunk, towards the back wall, for more closet space.
The deal that I have found sounds very good and from the feedback I've seen confirms it. We plan on physically seeing the actual camper this Friday, if I can get off work. I am 95% sure we are going to get it, I just hate payments though.
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #14

Got this from another post:
Quote:
.. besides the flat pitched electric awning, that's really the only thing I don't like.
The Jayco G2 29BHS has a flat pitch awning?? no way of angling it, left right or down? what happens in a downpour? What about anchoring the awning to the ground using an awning hold down strap kit?
I always angle our awning on our current Coachman and we had a major downpour camping last year, water just flowed off nicely to one side and the hold down kit kept the awning from flying off or getting damaged in the strong winds.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
Site Team

The 28 BHS has a manual awning, so I can angle it to desired pitch. Perhaps Healthi will chime and and let us know how she handles the rain with the electric awning. I know that some models have a rain dump feature, where they sense the weight of the water and adjust to dump the water. Don`t know if Jayco has anything like that or not.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #16
Site Team

I posted the below in the other thread....

The 2010 g2 model had the flat pitched (not sure 'bout the '11).

NO way of angling it. That year model did come with an "auto dump" feature for when it rains.

Can't have it out even with a slight breeze. As for using a tie-down, we would use that if we could but it's too high up to get the strap up there, so we haven't used one.

No shading because it can't be adjusted, so we got one of those vinyl-coated polyester mesh Patty O'Shade (that slide into the awning slot when awning is extended) that hangs from the awning. It provides shade nicely.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #17

As long as we are talking about awnings I have a question. We have the electric flat awning with the auto dump feature. I have a sun screen that will slide into an awning roller. Can I roll the awning up with this screen still attached? It looks to be a PIA to slide the screen on and I don't want to have to remove it to put the awning up.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
As long as we are talking about awnings I have a question. We have the electric flat awning with the auto dump feature. I have a sun screen that will slide into an awning roller. Can I roll the awning up with this screen still attached? It looks to be a PIA to slide the screen on and I don't want to have to remove it to put the awning up.
YES!!!! That was one of things I verified with the owner of the dealership. We were really struggling with having Jayco just keep the awning off and having our dealer install the manual ($$$ kept us from doing that). But he confirmed that we could keep the sun screen attached permanently. We have used the awning probably 40x already and no probs with that screen
Old 03-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #19

Thanks Healthi, that is really good news for us. We could really use that sun screen the next few weeks.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #20

Hmmmm, we always leave our awning out with a slight tilt to it on our current Coachman, staked to the ground with a hold down kit while we are camping. We store bikes, chairs, outside stove, etc under it and when it rains everything stays relatively dry.
Does the 2010 Jayco Jay Flight G2 29bhs have the auto dump feature and how does it work? I thought having the power awning would be good, but if I have to retract it when a storm comes up soaking everything under it and every time I leave the trailer in fear of a sudden gust of wind ripping it off, kinda makes me want to stay away from a power awning.