Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2019, 06:07 AM   #1
WTW

2016 23rlsw bed size? Im tall.....

We are interested in a 2016 23rlsw, can anyone tell me if the bed is a RV queen or a residential queen? I was told residential sheets fit the bed, but this does not tell me what the actual size it? And with only approx. 6 from foot of bed to wall this could be an issue as I am 6 ft 5 in. Any thoughts on this bed size and my height, would be welcomed. I have shopped TT for a few months and like this one, but still have a few months to shop if the bed would be an issue. Shopping a couples trailer. Thanks Tomm
WTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:22 AM   #2

I am 6'4 and our trailer has the RV queen. A standard queen is 80in long and the RV queen is six inches shorter, at 74in. Standard queen sheets fit fine, especially with a topper since the extra height takes up some of the extra material. Our trailer has a walkway at the foot of the bed between the mattress and the wall, and this is the space my feet occupy while sleeping. I don't mind it, but if my wife has to get up in the night she usually bumps my feet while squeezing by which is annoying. You have to get used to sleeping with your head right up at the top of the bed. All in all, I manage to sleep well in our trailer. I have slept in a relative's Jayco 32TSBH which has an entertainment unit right up against the foot of the RV queen... That's not so nice. I have to sleep diagonally to fit.

All this being said, one of the must have's of my next trailer is a full length queen.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTW View Post
We are interested in a 2016 23rlsw, can anyone tell me if the bed is a RV queen or a residential queen? I was told residential sheets fit the bed, but this does not tell me what the actual size it? And with only approx. 6 from foot of bed to wall this could be an issue as I am 6 ft 5 in. Any thoughts on this bed size and my height, would be welcomed. I have shopped TT for a few months and like this one, but still have a few months to shop if the bed would be an issue. Shopping a couples trailer. Thanks Tomm
It's a Short Queen. At 6' even I find it a little bit cramped, but OK. We use standard queen sheets, etc. At 6'5" you will most likely find it to be too short.

We love our 23RLSW - big enough to be comfortable for 2, small enough for fairly easy towing, setup, etc.

Good luck!

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
WTW

Thanks for the info. But a big dang it. I like the weight. Floor plan. The length. Ceiling height could be an issue, too. Guess I’ll keep looking. We were going to drive 2 hours tomorrow to see a 2016 hardly used with tow equips. For $14k. So we continue to search. This was going to be our third Jayco. Headed into empty nest part of life.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #5

SWMBO and I like our space when we sleep. I am 6 ft 2 in and wish someone built a trailer with twin beds like our old Wilderness Cimarron. 30 inches wide and I could stretch out as the bed was long.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #6

One of the reasons I went with the Jay Flight was because of the 6'9 (81") ceilings. I believe industry standard is 6'6 (78") for similar types. The Eagle HT line of travel trailers now is at 7'1 (84") which is what I will be looking at next, and the full on Eagle line of travel trailers offers an additional 3 inches beyond that, at an incredible 7'4 (87"). I'd love to go that route but there are currently no bunkhouse floor plans offered in the Eagle line of travel trailers.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #7

I’m 6-6 and was worried about the RV queen. But we put a 6” block of foam between the mattress and front trailer wall and it is long enough to be comfortable. And the foam topper covers it all and leaves enough room to walk around the foot of the bed. I also love the ceiling height in the JayFlight. I even clear the low-profile AC, no problem. I bump my head on a lot of stuff, but not inside the trailer
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #8
WTW

Lucky. This TT only has six inches at the bottom of the bed the a wall. If we did the add on foam at the head board we would have no walk around and my feet would kick the wall at the end of the bed.
Lucky, what TT do you have? Thanks for your input.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTW View Post
Lucky. This TT only has six inches at the bottom of the bed the a wall. If we did the add on foam at the head board we would have no walk around and my feet would kick the wall at the end of the bed.
Lucky, what TT do you have? Thanks for your input.
Ouch, that makes it difficult. We have an SLX 212 QBW. The bed is lengthwise in the trailer, not across. The foam “extension” does cut into the walk-around room, but there still is about 12-15” or so of room. DW has to do the “sideways shuffle.”
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #10

Smile

We too love our 23rlsw as it is perfect for the two of us but the bed is the RV mattress and is short. We put a 6 inch block between the mattress and the front wall the same depth as the foam pad we put on top of the original mattress. This works great and has done so for 3 years now and a lot of use. Love this camper!
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #11
WTW

Chet and Marie, how tall are you all? Thanks
Old 06-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #12

I am 6'2" but my wife is 5'2"..
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote