Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
2016 27bhs opinions

We decided to get this model and was wondering if anyone would like to tell us what you like or don't like about it? First Jayco trailer so not much experience with them. Thanks in advance.
__________________

Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
Member
 
bakeras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dexter, MI
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
We decided to get this model and was wondering if anyone would like to tell us what you like or don't like about it? First Jayco trailer so not much experience with them. Thanks in advance.
We just bought a 27BHS too. It's our first Jayco. Had a Coleman pop-up previously.

I most like the 2 full double bunks, the outside stove, the master bed size, and the overall construction.

The outside fridge didn't seem to get very cold the first time I used it and the control for it is under the lower bunk through the water heater panel (Very difficult to reach). I am considering moving the control for it.

The mattress wasn't terribly comfortable to my DW and I. We bought a 2" latex topper for it and it seemed much more comfortable.

We also have the bumper grill, which is convenient, but the grill is not that high of quality. I am planning on modding the mount for my Weber Grill in the future.

I had an issue with sealant around the door. Check all your seals when you purchase. I also had a leak at the connection under the bathroom sink that I had to tighten (very difficult to reach).

Overall though, we are very happy with the trailer and the layout. I would recommend it.
__________________

__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 CC 5'8" 5.3L 3.42 Rainforest Green Metallic
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite
bakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
trailerCaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 22
We were in between the 27BHS and 28BHBE. If the BHS had a propane outdoor fridge we would've gone that direction but it's 110V only rendering it useless for most of the camping we do.
__________________
Jeff

TVs 2012 Ram 2500 5.7L Bi-Fuel and 2011 GL450
2016 Jay Flight 28BHBE
1969 Piper Cherokee 140
trailerCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
Member
 
bakeras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dexter, MI
Posts: 63
A propane outdoor fridge would be nice. I don't know if any of the Jay Flights have a fridge like that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 CC 5'8" 5.3L 3.42 Rainforest Green Metallic
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite
bakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakeras View Post
We just bought a 27BHS too. It's our first Jayco. Had a Coleman pop-up previously.

I most like the 2 full double bunks, the outside stove, the master bed size, and the overall construction.

The outside fridge didn't seem to get very cold the first time I used it and the control for it is under the lower bunk through the water heater panel (Very difficult to reach). I am considering moving the control for it.

The mattress wasn't terribly comfortable to my DW and I. We bought a 2" latex topper for it and it seemed much more comfortable.

We also have the bumper grill, which is convenient, but the grill is not that high of quality. I am planning on modding the mount for my Weber Grill in the future.

I had an issue with sealant around the door. Check all your seals when you purchase. I also had a leak at the connection under the bathroom sink that I had to tighten (very difficult to reach).

Overall though, we are very happy with the trailer and the layout. I would recommend it.
Thanks! What you like, we also liked! Any other quality issues with your trailer?
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:16 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakeras View Post
A propane outdoor fridge would be nice. I don't know if any of the Jay Flights have a fridge like that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I agree with that!
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
I was wondering if I'm buying one of the last 2016 models. With it sitting on the lot getting rained on. Would leaks show up by now? Our only other trailer was a 1990 Kit Sunchaser.
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #8
Member
 
bakeras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dexter, MI
Posts: 63
Leaks probably wouldn't show unless they're real bad. Being new the most likely issue would be poor sealant application around wall protrusions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 CC 5'8" 5.3L 3.42 Rainforest Green Metallic
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite
bakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Sunflake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tooele
Posts: 131
Ok, I'll remember to look around the door, Windows when we pick it up. Any other advice before we pick it up? Buying a new trailer is kinda stressful.
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:08 PM   #10
Member
 
bakeras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dexter, MI
Posts: 63
Warranty helps. If you find anything major after delivery, you can get it fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 CC 5'8" 5.3L 3.42 Rainforest Green Metallic
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite
bakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.