Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2017, 12:32 AM   #1

2016 27bhs who has one......

And what is your favorite thing about it. We love ours but don't see too many other posts about this model.

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
2016 Jayco Jay Flight Elite 27BHS
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #2

Picked up a 2017 in December. Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet. I think the outside kitchen and outside shower are going to be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:37 AM   #3

I love mine. Only wish it had a cargo accessory hitch. Can't wait for the canadian camping to start. Already had a couple switches on the LED lights crap out and the relay for the electric portion of the hot water heater fail. Other than that, I'm happy.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
I love mine. Only wish it had a cargo accessory hitch. Can't wait for the canadian camping to start. Already had a couple switches on the LED lights crap out and the relay for the electric portion of the hot water heater fail. Other than that, I'm happy.
Wow what were the symptoms of the water heater issue? Controls or the electric heater? We had some issues as well but it was all small stuff. A radio speaker, tv Wouldn't latch on the bedroom side. Few led in the outdoor strip quit working.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #5

When the water heater was turned on with the electric function, it wouldn't heat up. I found that there was no electricity going to the heating element. Turned out to be the relay was not working. The hot water heater would work on the propane function. A new relay and it works as it should.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 PM   #6

We dont exactly have one... Yet. It is suposed to roll off the line at the end of the month. But we are excited about the outside kitchen and about every other feature our last camper didn't have.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
MizInIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:54 PM   #7
Riz

Just purchased ours last month. Can't wait for camping season. Currently sitting on the dealers lots still til spring. Heading out this weekend to take some measurements of cabinets and what not so we can start looking at different storage options. My time these days tend to teeter back and forth between the forums, youtube vids and Amazon.
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #8

We have had our 2016 27BHS for about 1 year now. I like everything about it, minus the location of the TV. It is hard to view it from the couch. We have found the same issue with a lot of trailers as far as viewing the TV goes. I am thinking of putting a moveable mount on it but haven't done it yet.

We like taking our grand kids with us to the beach and have found the trailer to be very comfortable, although I did install a small fan at the head of the bottom bunk to move more air. Top bunk has an A/C vent and will freeze you out. The outside kitchen I find very useful.

I tow this trailer with an F150 and find it adequate down here along the Gulf Coast. Not sure how it would do in the mountains...

Hope this helps !
2016 F250 CC 6.2L (gas) 3:73 diff
sportsmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #9

We've had ours since last summer, traded in a White Hawk that was getting too small. We like all the storage and the room for the 3 of us and our small dog. I like the fact that ours was made late enough in '16 that the awning was moved rearward to cover the outside kitchen unlike the earlier builds shown on Jayco's website.

As to Sportsman's comment, our TV came with a swing out mount and it will face the couch if you wanted it to. Ours had the 39" TV option so maybe that's why, don't know.

My biggest gripe is I've had to recrimp almost every Pex fitting in the trailer. the outside sink fittings leaked enough to swell the fake wood around the sink/stove drawer before I caught it. Since then I've had to do both the inside sinks as well.

The only other problem I've had is to this day I have not been issued a recall for my Sway Command unit. I unplugged it long ago but have yet to see anything from Jayco or my dealer. It doesn't hurt anything where it is but you would think someone would say something sooner or later.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmen View Post
We have had our 2016 27BHS for about 1 year now. I like everything about it, minus the location of the TV. It is hard to view it from the couch. We have found the same issue with a lot of trailers as far as viewing the TV goes. I am thinking of putting a moveable mount on it but haven't done it yet.

We like taking our grand kids with us to the beach and have found the trailer to be very comfortable, although I did install a small fan at the head of the bottom bunk to move more air. Top bunk has an A/C vent and will freeze you out. The outside kitchen I find very useful.

I tow this trailer with an F150 and find it adequate down here along the Gulf Coast. Not sure how it would do in the mountains...

Hope this helps !
It should have a mounting arm. Just pull the tv straight out. It swivels. Doesn't just turn around to the bedroom.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:53 PM   #11

What was the problem with the sway unit? Mine didn't come with that. We bought ours last June and the awning covers the outdoor kitchen as well.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:58 AM   #12

Sway Command was an add on safety feature that wasn't compatible with some factory trailer brake controllers. It was a really good idea but failed miserably once it was released. On my model truck, and several others, if it activated you would lose your trailer brakes after the sway event was over, not good to say the least. There were several threads on this late last year, I wasn't the only one not contacted. I had to contact Jayco for the instructions to disable it which was only a matter of unplugging it, real technical....
I'm disappointed because it was a feature I wanted but I can live without it, I'm happy with my camper otherwise.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
And what is your favorite thing about it. We love ours but don't see too many other posts about this model.
I really like mine. I have had the same issue with the tv, need to check to see if it will swivel out? My tv antenna has never picked up local tv so I have only used cable & dvd's. The dealer recently told me there is a switch to turn on antenna or something like that? I really like the outside shower for my dog and kayak gear! I like the LED outside lights and electric tongue & awning! Also has plenty of storage which is huge for us bec we always over-pack! Now I am working on adding a bike rack hitch. Thinking of the SAFETY STRUTS or possibly taking it to a welder for extra re-inforcement?
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #14

I'm also interested in adding a rear hitch. Not sure if any after market will be able to bolt/ weld on or not. Friends a welder, might just have him fab something up. I'm sick of putting one bike in the back of the truck and the other inside. Kayak, let us know what you decide.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #15
Riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
I'm also interested in adding a rear hitch. Not sure if any after market will be able to bolt/ weld on or not. Friends a welder, might just have him fab something up. I'm sick of putting one bike in the back of the truck and the other inside. Kayak, let us know what you decide.

Pretty new to the rv scene, but from what I've read, even though there may be a bike rack that will work the bumpers were not designed to carry a load like that. Over time the stress of the constant up and down forces exerted on the bumper can make the bumper fail...I did come across this product in my many hours of mindlessly searching through trailer forums and videos...maybe even led through a pist already in the forum. https://youtu.be/W7Ys33KTxHg Anyways this may be something that could work.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #16

I installed a Curt hitch for RV's on the last 32BHDS. HEAVY DUTY! it bolted directly to the frame, was adjustable, and worked great! I still strapped the bike rack off to the bumper to stop movement. The Flights have real I-beam frames that give you something to bolt to. The White Hawk trailers have the light Norco frames that provide nothing... another reason we may go back to a Flight next time. Try the Curt receiver.

kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
I installed a Curt hitch for RV's on the last 32BHDS. HEAVY DUTY! it bolted directly to the frame, was adjustable, and worked great! I still strapped the bike rack off to the bumper to stop movement. The Flights have real I-beam frames that give you something to bolt to. The White Hawk trailers have the light Norco frames that provide nothing... another reason we may go back to a Flight next time. Try the Curt receiver.

I saw the CURTIS 2" receiver for square bumpers on amazon but I did not see one that bolts directly to the frame?? I will look into it. The CURTIS brand looks like a very strong product.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
I like everything about ours except the bedroom feels a little cramped (I'm 6'3") My feet hang off the bed a little bit, but this floorplan was one of the best I could find in my price range for tall people.

I'm still undecided on the bathroom. I think I would prefer just a shower than that micro tub.

Favorite feature for me is the outdoor kitchen. It was a must have since we do as much cooking outside as we can. I do a lot of fishing and it's really nice to have everything I need to clean and cook without having to stink up the camper. Massive amount of storage inside. We only have one child, but the dog takes the bottom bunk so everyone has their own bed without needing to reconfigure anything.

I just don't tell too many people that it can sleep 8. The whole reason I go camping is to get away from some of them

It's a great floor plan, we love ours.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post

Can you please tell me the model # / item # on your CURT receiver that bolts directly to the frame? I'm looking on line and cannot find that.
Thank you for your time
Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmen View Post
I am thinking of putting a moveable mount on it but haven't done it yet.
This got me thinking. Since mine is out front right now I had to check.

What kind of moveable mount?

Ours came with one that pivots out, are you talking about something different?

Just curious.
Attached Thumbnails
20170316_111815.jpg  
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote