Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2020, 03:30 PM   #1

2021 264BH back up camera problem

I'm trying to install an Amtifo back up camera on my trailer. Not sure the prewired system is done correctly or not. When I pulled the wires out to plug into the pigtail I found the situation shown in the photo. Is the black wire supposed to be plugged into the terminal block or connected somewhere else?
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer wires.JPG  
RWSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #2

Here's mine, 2017 Jay Feather 23rlsw.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_170130.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	66723
I believe some wiring goes to the bedrm to install a monitor for security. I have a Furrion I need to install. I'll take a multimeter and ck for pwr to the clearance light and install camera wiring to that.
York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:10 PM   #3

Thanks. I think I may just go down to Camping World and ask them if the wiring was wrong to begin with.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:07 PM   #4

RW, if you are still looking for an answer let me know and I will take a look at mine tomorrow as it was wired very similarly. I think you may be missing a wire, maybe it is still in the wall. If am pretty sure the green was the positive but I thought there was a white wire as the ground. The purple wire is not connected to anything. Keep in mind these wires are part of the running lamps and will only be hot while plugged into the tow vehicle with the parking lamps on.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:04 AM   #5

Chamdaddy, I haven't gotten back to mine yet but any further information will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSkin View Post
Chamdaddy, I haven't gotten back to mine yet but any further information will be appreciated. Thanks.
I tried to get to my wiring but forgot I sealed it up with silicone. My suggestion is to look closely into the access hole for another wire. I bet you will find one(probably white) with another terminal block that the small black wire pulled out of when you pulled the bundle out of the hole. The barrel wire has such a small gauge that it does not hold well in the terminal blocks. Let us know if you have any luck.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:34 PM   #7

Quote:
I got back into my camera wiring today. I am replacing the camera with a different unit hoping it will have better reception. As you can see from the picture there was a white(-) and green(+). I am fairly confident there is a white wire hiding your wall space. The purple was not tied to anything so I pushed it back into the wall. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
20210116_113537.jpg  
Old 01-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamdaddy View Post
I got back into my camera wiring today. I am replacing the camera with a different unit hoping it will have better reception. As you can see from the picture there was a white(-) and green(+). I am fairly confident there is a white wire hiding your wall space. The purple was not tied to anything so I pushed it back into the wall. I hope this helps.
Hi Chamdaddy, could you advise what camera you upgraded to, and if it looks better after install? Thanks!
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
Hi Chamdaddy, could you advise what camera you upgraded to, and if it looks better after install? Thanks!
This is the unit (Yakry) I changed to, very budget friendly but I saw it recommended in another thread so I thought I would give it a try for under $100. It acquired the video quickly and looked pretty good so I am hopeful. The real test will be if it maintains connectivity on the road. My wife and I are sidelined from traveling for the next few months so I won't have any feedback for a while. My previous cheap camera worked while backing up but was very sporadic and laggy while traveling down the road. This latest camera does require a little engineering to get it to fit onto the Furrion shark fin but most people on this forum are pretty resourceful. You need to request a Furrion adapter(free of charge) from Yakry's customer service. It does not come with a window mount but one is sold separately.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
20210119_112951b.jpg  
Old 01-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #10

Cool!
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:28 PM   #11

Chamdaddy,
I finally got some good weather to work on the trailer and got my camera installed. I found the green and white wires as you suggested and everything went together just fine. I really appreciate your help.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Chamdaddy,
I finally got some good weather to work on the trailer and got my camera installed. I found the green and white wires as you suggested and everything went together just fine. I really appreciate your help.
I am glad you are up and running. Happy camping!