Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2021, 06:29 PM   #1

264BH Watfer Pump

Wondering if someone would provide me a simple explanation of how the water pump in my 2019 264BH works?

I am of the belief it pumps water from the fresh water tank backwards from the city water direction in to the plumbing of the trailer.

Thanks,
Rick
Koppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #2

Your city water is plumbed into the system down stream from the pump, just like your faucets and ect. Check valve in/near the pump keeps the fresh water tank from back filling when hooked up to city water.
Part of winterizing is removing the cone shaped screen at the city connection and depressing.the valve to blow out the lines or fill with antifreeze when using the pump to fill the lines. Don't forget to bypass water heater when using antifreeze.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:42 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppster View Post
Wondering if someone would provide me a simple explanation of how the water pump in my 2019 264BH works?

I am of the belief it pumps water from the fresh water tank backwards from the city water direction in to the plumbing of the trailer.

Thanks,
Rick
Your water pump draws out of the fresh water tank to the water heater and cold lines. The check valve just inside the city water (hose) connection keeps that water from shooting outside, where the hose connects to.

Conversely, when you use the city water, there's a check valve in the water pump head, that keeps the water from filling the fresh water tank backwards through the pump. Sometimes that valve sticks, so it does backfill.

This is the simple theory. Not counting if you have a valve panel that switches water direction.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:14 AM   #4

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, just needed to hear it from someone else!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:58 PM   #5

Did they locate the water pump on the floor under the sink like mine? I went to adjust the pressure screw only to find out the pump was put in with the screw facing the exterior wall! Ended up removing the pump and turning it so the adjusting screw faces into the trailer living area.
IrishSettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSettler View Post
Did they locate the water pump on the floor under the sink like mine? I went to adjust the pressure screw only to find out the pump was put in with the screw facing the exterior wall! Ended up removing the pump and turning it so the adjusting screw faces into the trailer living area.
Yes, the pump is under the sink but I have not had a need to adjust the pressure. Thanks