Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2018, 09:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlechmanik View Post
Everybody has their idea of the best way to do it. Mine looked like this....

Attachment 40355

Attachment 40356

Attachment 40357
Awesome! I was thinking we should block this off.
Wonder05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder05 View Post
Awesome! I was thinking we should block this off.

I think it makes the storage more manageable and gives better support to the bed. Only adds a few pounds. I have seen several examples of how different members have done it. So whatever works for you...
Prior 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #23

We bought a 2017 28BHBE last fall and love it! The bunks are really nice for the kids. The shower IS AWESOME! It's just as big as the one in my master bath at the house.

We tow it with a suburban or my F150. Ours is the fiberglass model with elite and thermal packages.

Our under bed storage is open so I like the idea of closing it off like the guy in the thread. We added a foam bed topper and it makes the stock mattress perfectly comfortable.

I put in a larger battery and cut off switch and also mounted a tv mount outside by the receptacle. I replaced the kitchen faucet with a better quality residential version with a separate sprayer. I may replace the plastic sink with stainless steel this winter.

The automatic awning is great. Stock entertainment system is great.

Negatives are the u-shaped seating at the table is uncomfortable, the table mechanism is a PITA and the sofa sleeper is not very comfortable. I am considering removing the table and u-shaped seating and replacing it with a real sofa sleeper.
hingedthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #24

We have the 2016 model
Lindaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:25 PM   #25

We love our 2016 model. I would concur with the u shaped table being not very comfortable. The bath size is awesome on the BHBE and the shower especially is so much nicer than those little showers where you have to become slenderman to use it. We hardly ever use the back door, but it's nice it's there when needed.

I also concur with putting fans in the bunks to help draw the cool air from the AC back. On that note, I'd recommend getting the upgraded 15K BTU AC if you can, and also the thermal package just to help with insulation value and overall temp control. Those are two upgrades worth their cost.

But we love ours. We towed it with a GMC 1500HD Sierra which was a bit of a chore honestly. While it could pull it, I definitely didn't feel overly confident with hills of any size. I was able to secure a 2500HD and won't ever go back. The difference in pulling is night and day. Ours is the aluminum sided model, so heavier than the fiberglass laminated sides.

But again, overall, we love ours and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good family unit!
luv2drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:07 PM   #26

28bhbe

We have a 2017 purchased from Albany RV N.Y. Oct. 16 no complaints love it. The one dealer on L.I. has preformed warrantee work with no problem. Family of 4 so the size and space is perfect, shower size is awesome, refrigerator is great. Biggest difference with Jayco on the interior is plywood, plywood, plywood no partical board crap screws don't pull out due to vibration and use.

Biggest issues electrical, wiring underneath looks like spaghetti, (brake wiring wore through ridding on the inside of the tire) covered all wiring underneath with split loom wire sheath. Added a second battery along with a marine cutoff switch (stereo and co2 detector kills the battery) also added a 3 watt solar panel battery trickle charger with a charge controller. Installed a wireless dimmer for the led light strip under the awning. Added the factory trailier hitch for the bike rack or basket as well. Personally I would not close off my under bed storage that is where we store our folding table and chairs large space storage is limited on this rig I would not want to limit the one large space available.

Good luck enjoy Happy camping!
GWS935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #27

28bhbe

One quick note on stick and tin vs fiberglass I dont know which one you were thinking about but 2 huge advantages of the old stick and tin is if you damage the exterior the panels can be ordered individually and replaced quickly with the graffix's already installed. Vs a lengthy fiberglass repair with a hope and a prayer for a good color match. Also if the roof ever leaks correcting the damage can also be accomplished easier from the outside by removing the panels, no delamination issues either especially in cold weather climates. Either way this model is a win win.
GWS935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS935 View Post
One quick note on stick and tin vs fiberglass I dont know which one you were thinking about but 2 huge advantages of the old stick and tin is if you damage the exterior the panels can be ordered individually and replaced quickly with the graffix's already installed. Vs a lengthy fiberglass repair with a hope and a prayer for a good color match. Also if the roof ever leaks correcting the damage can also be accomplished easier from the outside by removing the panels, no delamination issues either especially in cold weather climates. Either way this model is a win win.
Excellent points there!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #29

I have a 2017 and it's a lemon. Spend the extra money for a Keystone.
MK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #30

My awning is starting to tear at the back. Right now, It is about a 6-8 inch separation right where the awning goes into the track.
I don't think repair tape will hold this together. If any one has replaced their awning where did you order it from?

2012 Ford Expedition EL
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
Old 08-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #31

We don't have a 28BHBE, but the awning on our 29BHS fell apart over the winter and we replaced the fabric this spring. Ours is a Carefree 20' Travel'r awning and we bought the heavy duty vinyl replacement awning fabric from ShadePro. It was $200 delivered to our door step. My wife and I replaced it ourselves with a little assistance in supporting the fabric as we pulled it into the top channel from our 12yo daughter. It was great being able to use the awning again on the trips we've taken this year!
85vf500rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vf500rr View Post
We don't have a 28BHBE, but the awning on our 29BHS fell apart over the winter and we replaced the fabric this spring. Ours is a Carefree 20' Travel'r awning and we bought the heavy duty vinyl replacement awning fabric from ShadePro. It was $200 delivered to our door step. My wife and I replaced it ourselves with a little assistance in supporting the fabric as we pulled it into the top channel from our 12yo daughter. It was great being able to use the awning again on the trips we've taken this year!
Thank you for the information.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
Old 09-04-2021, 07:27 PM   #33

Got the 26bh. Queen bed fell apart. Look at the circuit board on the water heater. There’s a certain model that fails mine did. Look at the propane regulator those have been recalled too.

Replaced all beds they where un comfortable.

The duct work needed re attached to the ac.

Added a second ac

Added extra cabinet door over dinette.

Grease leaked on breaks from factory

I’ve fixed a million thing that fell off of it.
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:24 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
My awning is starting to tear at the back. Right now, It is about a 6-8 inch separation right where the awning goes into the track.
I don't think repair tape will hold this together. If any one has replaced their awning where did you order it from?
We ordered new fabric from Tough Tops last spring, and the DW and I changed it out in the driveway. Good product, all made to order, and you may be talking to the owner if you call them. Not a ton of color choices, but it looks like it'll outlast the original Carefree material.

https://www.toughtopawnings.com/

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 06:53 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
We ordered new fabric from Tough Tops last spring, and the DW and I changed it out in the driveway. Good product, all made to order, and you may be talking to the owner if you call them. Not a ton of color choices, but it looks like it'll outlast the original Carefree material.

https://www.toughtopawnings.com/
Thank you.

2012 Ford Expedition EL