Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #1

Air Conditioner Is Leaking Inside

We have a 2015 154 BH with a wall unit a/c. During our last trip we noticed a small drip coming from under the emergency window (dead center) inside trailer while running air. No rain that weekend and no water inside window seal.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with a window a/c unit leaking inside trailer? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Perrins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #2

Possible that the trailer was not level and the condensation could not drain properly?
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #3

Nismo Griff we made sure we were level. This happened last year in July and dealer said drain pan had shifted. Worked great since then...until the last trip! Dealer worked on it last week and caused the pan, but still leaking...
Old 06-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #4

I would try to make the a/c side of the trailer a bit lower so the pan will drain outside. It may be the whole a/c unit is not level when the trailer is, it probably moves somewhat when trailering since its stuck in the wall.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I would try to make the a/c side of the trailer a bit lower so the pan will drain outside. It may be the whole a/c unit is not level when the trailer is, it probably moves somewhat when trailering since its stuck in the wall.
Good thought and we did try that but it continued to leak. We are concerned with operating the refrigerator out of level so werent too sure how much lowered was safe. Although the dealer (Camping World) even suggested that. They are caulking it up to condensation but there has to be a solution since it has operated correctly in the past.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:38 AM   #6

You probably have but make sure the drain hole/tube is clear. I've have many times had a window unit drain clog up and the tray fills to the point that the fan blades start slapping in the water. Please do not assume that the dealer did this. Even if they told you they did, I would verify it myself.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
You probably have but make sure the drain hole/tube is clear. I've have many times had a window unit drain clog up and the tray fills to the point that the fan blades start slapping in the water. Please do not assume that the dealer did this. Even if they told you they did, I would verify it myself.
NismoGriff, great advice. I am confident that CW did the minimum last week and that is why it is still leaking. It is also leaking from the screw head UNDER the weep hole outside on far right side which tells me the weep holes on that side are clogged. Today I will ask them to drill a couple new drain holes in corner of pan, and maybe a drain kit. Not sure this unit has a drain tube.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #8

I have the same problem on my trailer, I re did the silicone around the window at the top of the window and took to zip lock bag and cut them and stuffed them under the siding to keep water away from the window. Seems to be working so far. my thinking on why this is happening because there's not enough silicone at the top of the window and there's so much water that's hitting the top of the window and really no where to go. but so far my deal seems to be working knock on wood
Larry1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry1969 View Post
I have the same problem on my trailer, I re did the silicone around the window at the top of the window and took to zip lock bag and cut them and stuffed them under the siding to keep water away from tge window. Seems to be working so far. My thinking my thinking on why this is happening because there's not enough
silicone at the window and there's so much water that's hitting the top of the window but so far my deal seems to be working knock on wood
Hi Larry, we camped over the weekend and we were leak free! Camping World re-sealed the unit and the caulking around the drain pan and te-sealed around the window and all is good...finally!!