Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #21

Something fishy here!
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokurt View Post
Something fishy here!
My dealer is working with me on the repairs .so at least I'm getting help from the dealership
Rnightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnightengale View Post
Now Jayco is telling me the trailer warranty started when delivered to the dealership. It sat on the dealer lot a year before we purchased so we lost a year of warranty. Before we even purchased the trailer.
If it's a 2020 then you have a three year warranty. However, read your manual, it has explicit warranty explanations and ours started the day we took it off the lot. You're getting screwed. Also, you can contact them in writing regarding this and they will be hard pressed to respond in writing with what was said. Review your purchase documents. There should be and end date to the warranty. Next, go up the chain until you get someone that will honor the warranty. Remember, Jayco's first line of defense "NO."
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:44 AM   #24

Quote:
We only have the one Jayco dealer in the area
With your problems with your Jayco and the treatment you're getting, why would you want to stick with Jayco?
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
With your problems with your Jayco and the treatment you're getting, why would you want to stick with Jayco?
If I were to buy another trailer I wouldn't. But we paid cash for this one and don't want to have a payment on another one at this point
Old 01-09-2020, 01:41 PM   #26

Quote:
If I were to buy another trailer I wouldn't. But we paid cash for this one and don't want to have a payment on another one at this point
Understandable.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #27

Quote:
I agree... But we bought the trailer at the end of 2016
So the 2 year warranty expired at the end of 2018 no matter whose math you use and whether it sat or not.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
So the 2 year warranty expired at the end of 2018 no matter whose math you use and whether it sat or not.
Not asking them to pay the whole thing just help. Ford stepped up and help me with auto trans issue on a car with 100000 miles so companies stepping up to the plate isn't unheard of .. (do you would for Jayco?)
Old 01-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Not asking them to pay the whole thing just help. Ford stepped up and help me with auto trans issue on a car with 100000 miles so companies stepping up to the plate isn't unheard of .. (do you would for Jayco?)
The roofing material has a 12 yr warranty so as I said earlier if it was the material that failed they would be the "GO TO" for assistance. Here is the documentation...

https://www.dicorproducts.com/images...13%20Final.pdf

And I assume you meant work instead of would and the answer is no. Just did the RV thing for over 44 years all with STARCRAFT and JAYCO.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokurt View Post
Something fishy here!
I wonder if it was "sold" to someone and registered to them and the actual sale fell through. That should be the only reason for the warranty to start before you purchased it.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
I wonder if it was "sold" to someone and registered to them and the actual sale fell through. That should be the only reason for the warranty to start before you purchased it.
+1. I had the same thought; dealer selling a used unit as NOS, but Jayco not being fooled.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:53 PM   #32

Warranties usually start when the vehicle is titled for the first time. I assumed it was the same with RV’s but ever since entering this world, I’m continually surprised and disappointed.
Pchansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchansen View Post
Warranties usually start when the vehicle is titled for the first time. I assumed it was the same with RV’s but ever since entering this world, I’m continually surprised and disappointed.
Same applies here. Warranty starts the day of the first sale. The comments by OP are a bit confusing since JAYCO only provided a 2 year warranty and he owned his rig for 3 years when the roof issue came up. So no matter when it started it was past the warranty period.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
+1. I had the same thought; dealer selling a used unit as NOS, but Jayco not being fooled.
Not "technically" used if it never left the lot but "legally" used if was warranty registered or licensed.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
Not "technically" used if it never left the lot but "legally" used if was warranty registered or licensed.

That is a key point. If they sold you a trailer on which the warranty started before you took position, then they sold you a used trailer as a new one.

Also, you may wish to look into your state's lemon laws. Perhaps there's something there that might help.
stlsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsailor View Post
That is a key point. If they sold you a trailer on which the warranty started before you took position, then they sold you a used trailer as a new one.
Also, you may wish to look into your state's lemon laws. Perhaps there's something there that might help.
I will look into lemon law thanks
Old 01-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to dawnpawli
We are having the same problem since we bought our 2018 330RSTS. Every time we take it out, something else falls apart. We sold out cabin cruiser so we could travel, big mistake, never had so many problems with the boat.
dawnpawli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:30 PM   #38

Please don’t take this the wrong way, anyone, but the bigger the TT, the bigger the problems. I have heard so much about large TT’s are all jacked up. Do we as a cummunity know of issues with the smaller trailers? I’m personally putting a size threshold of roughly 20’. It seems to be kind of the sweet spot for a couple with 1 or maybe 2 for lack of issues and large enough to still work.
Btw, I have a 16BHS black label Forest River now and get more from this forum then FR. I traded my sport 8 last year so I did own my Jayco for 3 years and really enjoyed it, but hated setup camp breakdown then setup breakdown to clean out at home in driveway. It got old fast, even though I was 5-10 minutes behind setup in the end than my brother in law and his 25’ TT
Levinehikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #39
Say

Sorry to hear of all your problems with the rig. For what it’s worth, we have a 2016 265rlsw that we purchased new. Had a few minor issues after our initial cross country trip but dealer and Jayco worked through them and it’s been virtually trouble free ever since.
Say is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #40

Yes. Mine is three years old also and I have had similar but different problems which I posted last month. I contacted Jayco by phone and was reminded over and over again that my 2 year warranty period was expired and that I was basically on my own Good luck
Brian2430 is offline   Reply With Quote