Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 8
Any 33RSKS Owners Out There?

Curious about a LOT of things...but one thing in particular. Do your theater recliners have screws down into the slide in the front? IF so, are they backed out or screwed all the way down?

Other than that, any issues to note with your rigs? Mine has been good to me so far. Minor shower leak that was easily fixed with some new silicone. Also, a squirrel and/or chipmunk chewed a hole through my propane line under the camper.
__________________

Bigsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 8
No? No 33RSKS owners out there? Wow.
__________________

Bigsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Dallas
Posts: 40
Hey we are new owners of a 2016 33RSKS!! We have had some minor issues since taking delivery August 30th. just got back from a 3100 mile trip to upstate NY back to Dallas, Texas. This model is very comfortable. Wife luvs the layout. Pulled and tracked well on road trip. Stayed nice and warm with the furnace and electric fireplace on some mornings in the mid 30's. Had a few water leaks. Toilet water line fitting was loose, just tightened it. Went ahead and checked shower drain fitting behind panel in front of shower pan and tightened drain fitting. Also had a slight leak that I traced to cold water fitting at bottom of cold water handle under island kitchen. Needed a basin wrench for this but camper was scheduled to back to service department for a small part that was ordered for j molding so decided to let them fix that leak since it is a awkward position to get at that fitting. I was wondering same thing about theater seats. Will take a look when we get rv back before next trip. Did you have an issue with slide grabbing awning when retracting? Jayco sent a bracket to the dealer that they installed that solved the issue before our trip. Also had the dinette slide adjusted. It was retracting to far and table would be rubbing against kitchen island. will upload pics later.
__________________
2016 Jayco 33 RSKS
2015 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CTD 4x4 LB Dually, Husky centerline WDH.
Billyray56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
harleysandtattoos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: howland
Posts: 10
owner of 33rsks here
harleysandtattoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray56 View Post
Hey we are new owners of a 2016 33RSKS!! We have had some minor issues since taking delivery August 30th. just got back from a 3100 mile trip to upstate NY back to Dallas, Texas. This model is very comfortable. Wife luvs the layout. Pulled and tracked well on road trip. Stayed nice and warm with the furnace and electric fireplace on some mornings in the mid 30's. Had a few water leaks. Toilet water line fitting was loose, just tightened it. Went ahead and checked shower drain fitting behind panel in front of shower pan and tightened drain fitting. Also had a slight leak that I traced to cold water fitting at bottom of cold water handle under island kitchen. Needed a basin wrench for this but camper was scheduled to back to service department for a small part that was ordered for j molding so decided to let them fix that leak since it is a awkward position to get at that fitting. I was wondering same thing about theater seats. Will take a look when we get rv back before next trip. Did you have an issue with slide grabbing awning when retracting? Jayco sent a bracket to the dealer that they installed that solved the issue before our trip. Also had the dinette slide adjusted. It was retracting to far and table would be rubbing against kitchen island. will upload pics later.
Nice!! Let me know about them seats. No issues so far with the awning. Watch the mirror on the outside of TV turntable!!! Mine fell right off....fairly heavy mirror held on by nothing but a few finish nails. I'm actually going to put something decorative back in its place instead of the mirror.

Other than that....minor shower leak in bath, cable splitter was poorly installed, and my dinette blind cords snapped for no reason. For the most part, I've been able to handle all repairs myself except the blinds but I plan to do that as well.....trying to avoid a trip to a dealer if possible.

Let me know if your seats are screwed down tight as discussed!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the reply.
Bigsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:02 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Jaws014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 19
Be careful tightening the front screws on the theater seats. They are long enough to go through the floor, and can catch on the main floor as the slide goes in and out. Wood shims under chairs will help. My mirror came loose as well.
__________________
Using Tapatalk
Jaws014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws014 View Post
Be careful tightening the front screws on the theater seats. They are long enough to go through the floor, and can catch on the main floor as the slide goes in and out. Wood shims under chairs will help. My mirror came loose as well.

Good advice, thank you. What did you end up doing with the mirror? Did you nail it back?
Bigsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysandtattoos View Post
owner of 33rsks here

Please reply with any good information, questions, etc. I would love this thread to become a nice "go to" for 33RSKS owners specifically.

I have close to 20 years of backpacking, camping, Rving, hiking, fishing, outdoor loving experience. I LOVE working and maintaining my rig. Sharing the info with common owners is a very nice bonus.
Bigsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Shrewsbury
Posts: 8
....as well as learning more. There's always something new.....
Bigsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Jaws014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsur View Post
Good advice, thank you. What did you end up doing with the mirror? Did you nail it back?
It just came off a couple weeks ago, I haven't done anything with it yet.
__________________

__________________
Using Tapatalk
Jaws014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.