Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #21

DW and I camped in our backyard a couple of weeks ago. I had to trim a couple of trees to get it in there. When I told people were going camping, they asked where are you going to camp during the lock up in Illinois? I told them a very expensive all inclusive campground, but I get a huge discount since I own it.
ElRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRey View Post
DW and I camped in our backyard a couple of weeks ago. I had to trim a couple of trees to get it in there. When I told people were going camping, they asked where are you going to camp during the lock up in Illinois? I told them a very expensive all inclusive campground, but I get a huge discount since I own it.
Is your reservation system online or do we need to call to speak to someone?? Oh, and I am from NY so will be denied entry?? LOL!!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Is your reservation system online or do we need to call to speak to someone?? Oh, and I am from NY so will be denied entry?? LOL!!
Most of New York state is fine (you will have to do a background check on yourself however). All of California south of Eureka will not be allowed through the main gate. The web site is currently offline My staff is updating the 2020 price list. There are six sites and I think my neighbor, Gladys Cravitz, wouldn't mind a bit if I added one in the front yard.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:48 PM   #24

My wife and I installed 2 campsites in our oak woodlot behind the house. They each have electric and water hookups. The camper is still under it's roofed storage area now, but it will be parked in one of the camp sites for this holiday weekend. The beer is being chilled.
Attached Thumbnails
photo20 0914 our camp sites.jpg   photo20 0918 our camp sites.jpg   photo20 0920 our camp sites.jpg   photo20 0922 our camp sites.jpg   photo20 0931 our camper.jpg  

Old 05-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #25

Driveway camping!

We had reservations at Hocking Hills in Ohio but the campgrounds still aren't open so we camped with our friends in the driveway!
Attached Thumbnails
C4384DC3-AC9F-495D-913D-21B004FC007D.jpg  
TheSagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
My wife and I installed 2 campsites in our oak woodlot behind the house. They each have electric and water hookups. The camper is still under it's roofed storage area now, but it will be parked in one of the camp sites for this holiday weekend. The beer is being chilled.
It doesn't get much better than camping in the oaks or pines in Wisconsin (too many Packer fans is the only problem.) How many acres? Water is not expensive to run for summer use only. However electric can get a little pricey. How long a run did you have to the sites?
Old 05-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #27

Backyard camping

We camp in the yard all the time. The wife calls her camper the she shed. I think the granddaughter loves it most of all.Click image for larger version

Name:	back yard camp site.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	58996
Jerseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElRey View Post
It doesn't get much better than camping in the oaks or pines in Wisconsin (too many Packer fans is the only problem.) How many acres? Water is not expensive to run for summer use only. However electric can get a little pricey. How long a run did you have to the sites?

We have 10 acres. And we're surrounded by 200 more acres of oaks. From the house to the sites is 250 feet. I used aluminum wire for the long run and then copper to the receptacle boxes. And pex pipe for the water. My buddy the plumber has a trencher so the shovel work was minimal. The entire project cost about $700. I'm an electrician, so other than the hundred dollar bill for my friend, the labor was free. I put a shut off in the water line in the basement, along with a drain valve, so winterizing is easy.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:34 PM   #29

My son and I have slept inside our house 1 or 2 nights since he has been out of school, he loves our camper, my wife not so much but quite a few. We have heated mattress pads on the queen and the bottom bunk, no other heat needed down to hi 30’s, two (thin) blankets. I have put on the furnace to warm it up, or used the electric heat in overhead AC. Neither ever on for more 15 minutes.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:26 PM   #30

Mine sits in the driveway where it becomes my man cave when we're not camping. Working mostly midnight shift with a lot of weekends I also sleep in it on many weekends I have to work so the wife can clean house and such without worrying about waking me up. Not exactly sound proof I have to hope neighbors aren't doing anything too noisy. Aluminum foil in the bedroom windows keeps out most of the light and it's not hard to block most of the light coming in through the TV mounting and under the doors.
Tim15856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:31 AM   #31

What fun. We’re going to do the same. Our trailer has been set up for Airbnb (not doing that now). I’d love to share photos but am not set up with a url to an album. You can check out the listing here and see photos. https://www.airbnb.com/h/hensong-nest
ltnunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #32

This is AWSOME, I LOVE seeing everyone still enjoying there camper in some way or another. I checked with some of our local campgrounds to see when they would be opening, they don't even know. This entire weekend we spent in our camper. It was great. For a change of scenery my buddy has a business, he was closed for the long weekend so towed it to his parking lot. May have only been 20 minutes from my house but it was still great. He let use electric. Felt like we got away for 2 nights. Have to do it again and post pictures. Well everyone stay safe and healthy, and CAMP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #33

So try finding a location to pull your camper to for the weekend. A family or friends house with property. If you know someone with a business. There parking lots are great just get permission. We enjoyed our weekend getaway and it was a nice flat blacktop spot.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
picture's lets see