Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2021, 02:45 PM   #41

I just keep thinking of stuff… You’ll get various opinions on brand, type etc, but one of the best things I’ve gotten was a Viair portable compressor. The 88P model is perfect for my TT and truck (80 psi) tires. Great product. https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/88p/
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #42

Excited

Guys Im gonna have to go get a small loan.. hahaha
Teammuir1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teammuir1 View Post
Guys Im gonna have to go get a small loan.. hahaha
What's this SMALL stuff?
Old 10-12-2021, 08:23 PM   #44

We haven’t even started on the big expenses when it’s out of warranty. Lol.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:25 PM   #45
Site Team

Like TaftCoach mentioned earlier, don't try to get everything all at once. Spread it out over some time, and have a shopping list of priorities. There will come a time down the road when you'll have everything you want/need, and all those RV catalogs won't have anything else cool to buy. Then they just become recyclable material. It took us eight years to get to that point.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:42 PM   #46

With winter just around the corner here’s a tip on how I coil up my rigid, almost frozen water hose. I just connect it to my outside shower and run hot water through it for about 5 minutes until it’s soft and pliable, coil it up just like it does in our Arizona summers.

For my 50amp power cord I bought a MORryde cable reel…worth every penny in cold weather!

https://www.morryde.com/products/eas...r-reel56-001h/

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:47 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Like TaftCoach mentioned earlier, don't try to get everything all at once...
And have fun doing it. We really enjoyed our first couple of trips to Camping World and seeing all the gadgets that could be had (got fed up with getting attacked on the way out to buy into some crappy camping club). Still buy small stuff from them now and then but on line only.

Every outing you'll come up with "some gotta have it" especially as you walk the campground and see what's out there. Good times!
Old 10-13-2021, 05:07 AM   #48

I store and carry all of my water hose coiled up inside a 5 gallon bucket with all the fittings with a lid on it. When I set up, I only uncoil the amount needed.
Old 10-14-2021, 03:03 AM   #49

Upgrades

Im curious to know what upgrades everyone is working on ...
Example Im working on new flooring.. the original was the rolled lanolium.....
And im wanting to put down a new color flooring.....
Ive cut and stripped and removed the old stuff...im scraping the glue off now... once finished it will be ready for new color flooring..... my thoughts were the peel and stick looks like wood.... if there was any issues if one panel was damaged I could remove and replace with a new one....
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20211014-050207_Gallery.jpg  
Old 10-14-2021, 04:18 AM   #50

Quote:
Ive cut and stripped and removed the old stuff...im scraping the glue off now... once finished it will be ready for new color flooring..... my thoughts were the peel and stick looks like wood.... if there was any issues if one panel was damaged I could remove and replace with a new one....
I used this in our little 165 last year, so far so good. I did use floor prep to make sure it adhered, I also add extra adhesive in some areas. I got it from Lowe's.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:34 AM   #51

Floor Prep

You are so right about floor prep... i read about it and I need to pick some up....
I hadnt known anyone to use this so im glad to hear of your success.... ive sanded and scaped and ready for floor prep and flooring
Old 10-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #52

Quote:
I just installed hvlp flooring over the linoleum. Flexible, waterproof and has some cushion to it. No glueing required. It locks together. I even put down real oak treads in the stair area.
Attached Thumbnails
E0A29A89-5B83-464A-8136-C9D05C2E4CB1.jpg   F2767CAB-F96B-47AD-B3A7-458B58233933.jpg   04F1666B-9E08-4BCB-8B69-6272E5A32393.jpg   F5D9708E-1C80-44AB-9EB5-197FFB2DE4DA.jpg   5291ACCB-2613-468B-840B-9FBA7864863D.jpg  

Old 10-14-2021, 11:42 AM   #53

Flooring

YOU have done a great job.... looks very good...
Only concern im thinkin...is im going over basic plywood that makes up the camper floor.. im hoping the product from lowes will help bond the flooring to the floor
Old 10-15-2021, 03:41 PM   #54

WIFI or SERVICE

When you all go camping.... do you all get service or wifi ??
Do you use your device to get online while your camping ?
Old 10-15-2021, 04:16 PM   #55

I use a T-mobile hotspot with mixed results. Depends on where and the time of day (traffic). Sometimes very usable and sometimes useless.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #56

The first thing my wife insists on with a new rig is for the oven. She likes to bake and RV ovens are bad to burn the bottoms. The fix is to buy 4 6x6" ceramic tiles that are grouped in the middle of the oven floor above the burner. You want unglazed or satin finished, not the shiny ones. They work as well as a pizza stone for a lot less money. You can get them at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc for a few cents each. Don't buy a single 12" tile though, they split when you turn the oven on.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 02:18 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
If you don't have a WDH yet the Andersen is great! Less weight and easier on and off and no heavy bars to lift or pry into place. Can't see your tongue but assume you have an electric tongue jack. Since yours is used make sure you have the emergency tool for when the jack dies and you need to manually jack up the tongue till you get a new one.
I hate it when pull up to a site, get all set up and find the power pole is a few feet to far, thats when a extra 30 or 50 amp extension cord pays for itself, just like an extra 25 feet of hose.
Last, on the hose, love my Zero G hose, so much easier to deal with than the white monster everyone sells.
Emergency tool for electric tongue jack? Please tell me more, I don't think we got such a thing when we bought our jayco x19h new a couple years back. We boondock way off grid and I am always paranoid we won't be able to rehitch and get out...
Pingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #58

I don't know what brand or model you have of tongue jack. Mine has a useless little level held on with 3 tiny screws that hides the emergency jack point. Some accept a long socket, some use dedicated end on handle. Mine is a slot in the end that fits over a kind of upside down screwdriver like end. Here is one I found.

Almost forgot, my mattress was made from old newspapers, bought a 10 inch Zinus short queen. Better than the one we have at home!

Replacement Manual Override Crank for Bulldog Powered-Drive Trailer Jacks

Item # BD500203
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #59

I bought a bracket that attaches to the Tongue and stow my hitch there. I cover it with a tongue jack cover.
[IMG][/IMG]
jmurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:54 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
The first thing my wife insists on with a new rig is for the oven. She likes to bake and RV ovens are bad to burn the bottoms. The fix is to buy 4 6x6" ceramic tiles that are grouped in the middle of the oven floor above the burner. You want unglazed or satin finished, not the shiny ones. They work as well as a pizza stone for a lot less money. You can get them at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc for a few cents each. Don't buy a single 12" tile though, they split when you turn the oven on.
That's such a good idea we ate going to use it we use the oven all the time to especially for hunting season in Northern Michigan we always use the oven its no fun cooking outside when it's 0 degrees out
Rdogg is offline   Reply With Quote