Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2021, 04:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon and Frances Butler View Post
I have a 2020 white hawk 27 RB and need to find a good trailer coupler lock to use while at storage facility. I would like something more than just the padlock-style that fits through the hole on the locking mechanism on the coupler.
I have tried several of the ones that have a ball that fits into the coupler and has a U shaped bar that you push down and then lock, but the flange at the bottom of the coupler is too wide to allow these to fit.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
https://www.provenlocks.com/
mikehoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:46 PM   #22

https://www.provenlocks.com/
Old 02-06-2021, 05:53 PM   #23

If RV Theft is a problem in your area , take spare tire off trailer, then put Jack stands under drivers side of trailer. Then take drivers side tires off and take them home or lock up inside camper. Most Thief’s will not work that hard to steal your trailer. Most THIEVES are LAZY and will not bring spare tires with them .Yes,, it is a lot of inconvenience but you should not have to worry about your trailer .
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:43 PM   #24

Look at Proven Industries locks. No one is going to take my trailer without a fight. They would really have to work to get it off and it locks the chains up with it. I love mine.
jcrammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:13 PM   #25

If you want security it's out there but it ain't cheap. Most trailer locks can be breached with a trip to Harbor Freight Tools for a crowbar and a bolt cutter. These methods are cheap and one doesn't need much IQ to pull it off.

I just purchased an enclosed utility trailer to serve as a garage for my camper at my home resort. It will be stored at that location in the covered camper storage with my Jayco but we're really out in the boonies. Utility trailers are favorite game for thieves, as Alabama will not title them and stolen trailers can be sold at will. I purchased a Fort Knox coupler lock from https://ftknoxlocks.com/. The cost for mine was $208 but it is a welded 3/16" steel plate clam shell with a serious pick resistant solid steel puck lock.

Pretty much oxy acetylene cutting torch required to get it off.
oldcodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:11 PM   #26

Thanks for all of the replies and advice everyone.
I found these Zento 2 Pack Security Tire Clamp Heavy Duty Anti- Theft Vehicle Wheel Locks. It looks like putting a pair of these "wheel boot locks" on might be even more secure than a coupler lock. Thanks again.
Jon and Frances Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:18 PM   #27

Proven Industries

I just brought the proven industries coupler lock for a Jayco 28 BHBE TT. I upgraded to the stainless steel. The price was steep but well worth it. It weighs in about 19 pounds total. Hopefully it will keep the two legged rats away.
Attached Thumbnails
8FF873B6-B8B0-4451-8975-82C72D1B0CF0.jpg  
Man Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Thanks. This AMPLOCK Model U-TLS2516I looks like the correct one for Jayco TT couplers. See coupler photo and customer reviews on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/AMPLOCK-U-TLS...2415240&sr=8-5
I have ordered this model AMPLOCK Model U-TLS2516I and it works on the 2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28BHKS.
lizhongqiqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #29

You got the best
Old 02-16-2021, 10:19 PM   #30

After some research on what a thief might do with a stolen trailer I may consider a theft deterrent.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #31

My son is in law enforcement and deals with major auto/RV theft crimes all the time. He says the professional thieves have all the tools to make all locks basically useless. If the thief can't get through your lock in a couple of minutes, they wrap heavy chains around the tongue frame, lift the unit up and drag it away to a safe location to finish the job. (don't ask me how they are able to do this)

That being said, a good lock will act as a deterrent and maybe the thief will go to the next trailer where the owner is not as diligent.

Tags
coupler, locks, security