Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #1

Black tank leak

On recent camping trip black tank started to leak where pipe comes out of black tank. It had two clamps holding and some type of sealing material. Hurried to dump station. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have repaired, but hope does not happen again. Not a fun repair.
Rick and Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #2

I'm having that issue now on my 2014 Flight 26bh. Just a steady drip. Had it in shop for 3 weeks. Said they fixed it but it still leaks. Maybe some duct tape???
Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #3

Black tank leak

My tank started to leak where the pipe comes out as well. I lowered the front of the trailer and flushed the tank and lit it drip dry for a couple days. Cleaned the area and sanded the area of the leak. The tank walls are quite thin so only ruff the surface. I used lacquer thinner to wipe clean. Any non oil base cleaner would work. I then used J B Weld to do the repair. To keep the Weld from running I imbedded reinforcing in it.(piece od cloth or similar) J B weld hardens to a rock hard compound and sticks to anything. Caulking will not work because it has no strength.
brubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:56 AM   #4

Is this what you used? See this on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014OVHAOY...544701752&sr=1

Thanks, Mike
Old 12-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #5

Hi Mikegrey
Yes thats the stuff.

brubot
brubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:17 AM   #6

Thanks. One last thing did you put the clamp back in place after you sealed it?
Thanks, Mike
Old 12-15-2018, 04:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Jett View Post
On recent camping trip black tank started to leak where pipe comes out of black tank. It had two clamps holding and some type of sealing material. Hurried to dump station. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have repaired, but hope does not happen again. Not a fun repair.
I had a large hole at the black tank outlet I used Plasti-Mend black large repair kit. That was 5 years ago and it is still holding well.
http://plasti-mend.com/cart/index.ph...&product_id=81
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #8

Decided to try and fix myself. Took apart, cleaned, used a lot of silicone and put pipe back on with two clamps. Filled tank with water and no leak. Hoping it holds. Real test will be after hauling camper to site. I believe leak probably started from road bumps and clamps coming loose. Thanks for replies. Good luck to others with same problem. Not sure, but I think this would be an expensive repair at dealers.
Rick and Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #9

You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Jett View Post
Decided to try and fix myself. Took apart, cleaned, used a lot of silicone and put pipe back on with two clamps. Filled tank with water and no leak. Hoping it holds. Real test will be after hauling camper to site. I believe leak probably started from road bumps and clamps coming loose. Thanks for replies. Good luck to others with same problem. Not sure, but I think this would be an expensive repair at dealers.
Silicone will not hold that well on abs.
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:27 AM   #10

I'm going to try Flex Seal tape with some Flex Seal liquid. Have to wait for weather to warm up some before trying. This seems to be a flaw with some Jayco TT.
Mike