Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2017, 03:10 PM   #1

Check the Roof!!!.....?

We had a little water show up under the sink of our 2015 26BH. I looked all over under there for signs of where it had come from without any clear indication. We let it sit for 4 months (December to April). That happened to be the longest sit it has had since we bought it at the end of 2014.

We camped recently and then I set out to do our yearly cleaning. I was up on the roof doing the wash/formula 303 application. There were little holes along the edge of the roof, some 1 inch long, some barely noticable. I can't say for sure but I bet a little critter felt the soft give where the top curls over the edge and thought it was a vulnerable spot. Well the critter didn't get in but the water did. I discovered this before major damage was done but there is damage. The counter top is swollen at the back near a seam and the bottom of the cabinet in two spots as well.

I'll chalk it up to experience. There was never enough water to cause an ah ha moment but enough to aggravate me! I filled the holes with silicone and ran a line of top quality seam repair tape (don't have the name of it right now) along the entire edge.

Anyway, get up there and put eyes on your roof, or have someone else do it. Had I not fixed those small holes it would have caused major damage over time.

Love the camper BTW. We were tenters until our son (who happens to have Downs Syndrome) got old enough to be afraid of thunderstorms and coyote howls. He loves the camper! So do our two girls. Getting good rest on hot Texas nights is worth the price of admission. Taking the family out camping is, well, priceless!
Tao of Funk is offline   Reply With Quote