Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2019, 05:20 AM   #1

Decals Peeling??

Hello all, I noticed several decals on my 2015 Jayco 314tsbh are starting to peel around the edges. I purchased the trailer this past April and did notice some of the decals starting to peel but was hoping there is a way to repair them. I'm surprised this is happening to a 4 year old trailer. Is this common? Is there any way to repair the decals or should I purchase replacements? Thanks
Old 08-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #2

There is no way to repair. The vinyl and adhesive have been spent by uv. Buy new and do not attempt to replace until all the old one is gone.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #3

Thanks, I've already emailed pictures to my local dealer so he can order replacement decals from Jayco. I might as well order the complete decal package for the trailer before they are no longer available. Just thought the decals would last longer than 4 years....
Old 08-04-2019, 08:13 AM   #4

I use mothers vinyl cleaner protector on my stickers. Once you replace them it would help protect your new ones
Old 08-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoteacher View Post
Thanks, I've already emailed pictures to my local dealer so he can order replacement decals from Jayco. I might as well order the complete decal package for the trailer before they are no longer available. Just thought the decals would last longer than 4 years....
Another idea, you can order custom decal packages on Amazon. If you're going to replace decals anyway, why not do a custom design of your choosing in color and pattern, instead of re-advertising for Jayco?

The first thing I did with my new coach earlier this year when I bought it, was to have all the Jayco "advertising" and stripes removed, and I designed a custom vinyl wrap design, so now I have a, custom, one of a kind, incognito rig!
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post

The first thing I did with my new coach earlier this year when I bought it, was to have all the Jayco "advertising" and stripes removed, and I designed a custom vinyl wrap design, so now I have a, custom, one of a kind, incognito rig!
Maybe it’s just me but the only time I look at someone else’s rig is to make sure I don’t run into it! The only time I look at mine is to see if it’s dirty.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Maybe it’s just me but the only time I look at someone else’s rig is to make sure I don’t run into it! The only time I look at mine is to see if it’s dirty.
I have had a bunch of people ask me who made the rig, since there isn't a single reference name on it.

I just tell them I'm on the witness protection program, and if I tell them, I have to kill them...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote