Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #1

Don't usually post

I don't usually post, but I have received tons of valuable information from this forum and it's members. First, thanks for the post on the sink cover, and stove cover for Jayco SLX. Ordered both and they are great. We have been fortunate to be able to buy some land to use our camper on and will buy the extended stay propane hose kit. Again thanks to you. We have a Jay Flight 26BHS that we bought new in 2015. Love it. Now I come asking for info. I am thinking of replacing my load range C tires with load range D. I will buy new rims also as I am not sure the orginal rims will take the extra pressure. Any thoughts on Kenda Karrier tires? While not trying to stirr anything up I purchased a new 1500 truck to tow this camper. Had the right motor, transmission, and rear end to handle it. To be fair it did work, but it wasn't the towing experience I was looking for. I found a new left over 2016 250 for a very reasonable price. While both trucks will tow this camper, it is much more pleasant with the 250. Hope this helps. Yes the 2015 truck is still in my garage and I love it, but I use the other to tow with.
Camper Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
Site Team

There are better choices. I’m sure you will hear them.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
Site Team

Not sure about your rims but I upgraded my tires on my 2010 28BHS from C to D with the existing rims as a search on Dextar's site revealed they were rated to 80lbs. There should be a sticker on the rim with a number to go by. No experience with those tires but Maxxis and the new Good Years are quality choices.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #4

Last spring I decided to replace my 5 year old load range D Goodyear marathon tires. I went up a load range to E and after a little research I went with the Kenda Karriers 225/75/15. Granted I've only put 1000 miles on them so the jury is still out. I will say that the Kenda E's were quite a bit heavier than the GM D's and the sidewall stiffness was night/day. One disappointing thing about the Kendas was the tread width was 3/4'' less than the Marathons along the top. The Kenda E's have no bulge and the towing experience with an E rated vs D rated tire is significantly better and they seem to hold pressure better than the GM D's. Our camper is 9250lbs loaded. A few facts about Kenda; they've been in business since 1962 and they make automotive tires [truck, car, SUV], bicycle tires, powersport tires and turf/trailer specialty tires. Anyone who has a golf cart, carryall probably has Kendas on them. I have them on our boat trailer as well. They are produced in Taiwan, Vietnam, China and they have several facilities in the US. I am not affiliated with Kenda in any way shape or form. All tires get good/bad reviews. I went with the Kendas because the price was right at the time.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #5

NASCAR uses Goodyear. Although not the same tires they have been making them for many years...

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #6

After an internet search, I don't see a lot of good reviews for Kenda Karrier tires. I'd do the Goodyear or Maxxis and feel a lot safer than with another China Bomb tire.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote