Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #61

Time to show us what you got and do you need to winterize it?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 08-18-2023, 01:23 PM   #62

Cool Go BIG or Go Home

That seems to be what camping has turned into. The hand tool supplied by manufacturers will just get you laughed at. And a quiet power drill? Effective, sure, but way too quiet. Where’s the fun in that? Hammer drill at minimum. Then you can over torque those jacks and make immediate friends with your neighbors all at once.
Me, I’m going with a modified jackhammer. What would Tim Taylor do?
Maximum noise is the goal. Why clean and maintain those jacks when you can distort and destroy them while being a man’s man? Arrrh, Arrrr, ARRRH!!!!
StarMan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 06:12 AM   #63

Welcome to the forums.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:34 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarMan55 View Post
That seems to be what camping has turned into. The hand tool supplied by manufacturers will just get you laughed at. And a quiet power drill? Effective, sure, but way too quiet. Where’s the fun in that? Hammer drill at minimum. Then you can over torque those jacks and make immediate friends with your neighbors all at once.
Maximum noise is the goal. Why clean and maintain those jacks when you can distort and destroy them while being a man’s man? Arrrh, Arrrr, ARRRH!!!!
First, welcome to the forums!!!!!

Secondly, I frigging laughed at the Tim Taylor comments.

I just pictured Tim and Al outside of the Tool Time set hammering away at the stabilizer jacks with a modified Binford jack hammer. Bhahahaha
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 05:41 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarMan55 View Post

Welcome!
I'm off the OP's topic but with noise being the goal-
Don't forget to leave your straight pipe tow vehicle running with the stereo blasting when setting up or breaking camp while looking for that misplaced hammer drill / noise maker while your S.O. is finishing up that pile of firewood with the chain saw. Refuel that open frame 8 hp generator before it runs out also. Unsupervised screaming / crying kids running wild lot to lot throughout the CG and their constantly barking dog that craps in your lot is a nice touch also. I've witnessed all, thankfully not at the same time.. yet. If you've camped long enough, I'm sure you can relate!
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote