Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2020, 08:07 PM   #21

I think I have a visual on what you did. But was more thinking along the lines of Whatsupchuck is saying. I may have that figured out though, my trailer is 100 miles away and will have to confirm this weekend.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
I have a 2020 330RSTS as well, satellite works in the bedroom, not in the living area. Was a solution found or where the splitters are located?
You know I don't have my fiver back yet from the dealer but what I was thinking is when I do get it back I was going to go to the back and disconnect the cable that they have on a splitter and just hook it up directly to the cable.

The one in the bedroom works well but not in the living area.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by djensen9367 View Post
I added a power splitter behind the living room TV, which let the sat connection to power the dish
Will you have any pics of the power splitter, I want to get one off of Amazon?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:56 PM   #24

Quote:
pull the "power" switch in the cabinet, when it is out you will see more than one cable (including the orange sat cable, put the sat cable on the power side of the splitter and the other cable on the in side of the splitter, run the out to the power switch-i am not going to take it apart again but that is where u put the power splitter in the wall

Okay, did you take any pics by any chance or have the power splitter?
Old 05-07-2020, 09:59 AM   #25

Power Amp./Splitter

The "splitter" behind the living area TV is the power supply for the OTA winegaurd antenna. My 2019 Eagle has one orange cable from the docking station "Satelite" connection and one cable from the docking station "park cable" connection. The original purpose of the power is to power the preamp in the OTA antennal and nothing else. The "sat." orange cable (far as I know) is not connected to the bedroom sat. cable but I could be wrong. Other two cables are the outlets to 2nd TV (bedroom) and cable up to the antenna on the roof.

My involvement here was to find out why my Rayzar lost my favorite local station and what antenna would best serve my needs. I may go back to the Sensar IV for extra elevation. Satelite just happened to evolve in this discussion on my part. Sorry if hijacked the thought.

Honestly, I have not investigated the bedroom portion as that works for my purpose so far. I'm only assuming, the outlet for "SAT" on the exterior wall of the bedroom would be the feed for the "Sat" jack of the bedroom ceiling TV connection. Please don't take this a gospel as I haven't gotten that far yet.

The Winegard / Splitter Amp diagrams I've found so far show no Satelite cable on them. This appears to be new offered as a place to connect the input to the Sat. Rcvr. to be placed in the living area only. Any other connections appear "strictly left up to the coon" so to speak.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #26

Discombobulated today

My mother is in a hospital for dehydration and at 96 is not happy to be out of her assisted living environment. This is first day and results good so far and sharing with family so my brain is a bit "SPLIT" and coffee not powered up yet.

I'm wondering if the Winegard Power Splitter (which can be purchased seperatley as a part) could be used as a power splitter to supply the sat. dish. I thought the receivers themselves now supply power to drive the dish. I have an old carry out that has to have it's own power supply which now may be useless with todays receivers. I'm way behind in the satellite part. OTA was what got me started. I haven't used satellite in an RV since 2017 when my wife was in Houston for stem cell transplant. WAY OUT OF TOUCH.

Last three years have been a wreck on my life as lost my wife in 2018 and then her mother in 2019. Now my mom is in trouble in 2020 and my new trailer "WE" never had is parked beside my house.

Onward through the FOG!
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:42 AM   #27

Whatsupchuck, I am so sorry for all of your misfortune but may the man above keep you and bring you through this.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #28

I have my situation resolved, pretty simple. The docking station Sat hook up got directly to the bedroom Sat wall plate, the Aux docking station hook up goes directly to the entertainment center Sat wall plate. No splitters, uses separate lines for each. Jayco provided wiring diagrams, my trailer connections are backwards. There is no Sat connection to the exterior door side outlet, it is split off the bedroom cable/antenna connection.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
I have my situation resolved, pretty simple. The docking station Sat hook up got directly to the bedroom Sat wall plate, the Aux docking station hook up goes directly to the entertainment center Sat wall plate. No splitters, uses separate lines for each. Jayco provided wiring diagrams, my trailer connections are backwards. There is no Sat connection to the exterior door side outlet, it is split off the bedroom cable/antenna connection.

What kind of trailer do you have?
Old 05-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #30

2020 Eagle 330RSTS
Old 05-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #31

Oh, okay I need to get mines back from the dealer and check it, thanks.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcany View Post
I had 3 Jaycos and all 3 of them would not work with our Winegard Pathfinder. What I did was drilled a hole and ran a coax from the hole to where the receiver is. I was not about to take the trailer apart to find all of the splitters. much easier to do it the way I did.
I just did this yesterday! I ran a dedicated satellite line and was so into it, I ran all new cable TV wire as well. The routing that Jayco used was mind boggling to say the least...
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcany View Post
I had 3 Jaycos and all 3 of them would not work with our Winegard Pathfinder. What I did was drilled a hole and ran a coax from the hole to where the receiver is. I was not about to take the trailer apart to find all of the splitters. much easier to do it the way I did.
I just did this yesterday! I ran a dedicated satellite line and was so into it, I ran all new cable TV wire as well. The routing that Jayco used was mind boggling to say the least...
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #34

Im having the exact same issue with our 2020 Eagle. We have Dish Playmaker. It works if I run the cable thru the window from Play maker to box- So I know its NOT my dish. I saw someone post some kind of a d link/ cable or something that is made to go thru window and allow window to close. I cant find that post again and would love to get one for the temporary fix. Our dealer is clueless and hasn't been doing any warranty work since beginning of March B/C of Covid. ( Not even going there) Anyone know about such a link/Cable thing?
BlessedGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #35

Quote:
I added a power splitter behind the living room TV, which let the sat connection to power the dish
Seems we have the same Rig. What brand POWER Splitter and where do I connect it? Hubs isn't the "fix it " type, but I am all about following a u Tube tutorial on something and making it happen.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #36

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJ10V8C...748420_TE_item
Old 05-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #37

https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Jumper-...9397726&sr=8-4
I used this in my emergency window in bedroom, worked great
Wineguard G3 portable sat system & H24 receiver
2013 Harley Triglide
2 Yorkies
cbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #38

For Dish Network?
Old 05-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #39

Dish network with Winegard G3 portable antenna
Wineguard G3 portable sat system & H24 receiver
2013 Harley Triglide
2 Yorkies
cbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #40

Quote:

Okay, so this is what you use to run from the back of your tv jumper switch on the wall to your sat receiver box?