Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2017, 04:09 AM   #1

First Time RV purchase!

Hey all! My husband and I are in the market for our first RV purchase. We are looking at a few different Jayco models including the 267BHSW the 268 BHSW and the 28BHBE. I am comparing used models right now and also speaking to a dealership as well. I grew up camping, but my husband is new to this. He has slowly gotten on board and I am so excited to have some adventures with our 3 year old and 6 year old!

We will mostly be using state parks, but may hit the occasional Jellystone-type park as well as possibly taking it tailgating for some Michigan football games [emoji4]

I have been lurking for awhile now, and have ready many, many posts but I was hoping some of you camping experts may be able to help!

My husband's truck is a 2015 Ford F-150 4WD Supercab 145" XLT. . The payload sticker says 1973lbs. The GVWR is 7050lbs, the Max trailer hitch is 720-900 pounds and I have 9100 trailer capacity. Those are all numbers I have from the VIN, but I am an English major and none of this makes any sense to me! I don't want to get too much trailer for our truck. I was trying to narrow down to a few options before talking with my husband as it has taken me almost a year to get him on board with trying camping (I know, right?!?).

Can any of you help me out? I have read post after post of examples but none of it is making any sense to my brain! Thank you so much in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MichiganRVMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:21 AM   #2

I just got a 284bhsw and tow it a 2014 f150 super cab 4x4 and expect no issues. My brother has a f150 and his trailer is 2k heavier then mine with no issues. Good luck !
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 AM   #3

All the models you're looking at are very nice. Myself, I'd try to go light at first. Probably would like to stay around 5K-6K pound trailer. Not sure of the weights on the ones you've mentioned but you should be close. Anything higher in weight may be too much. Remember, 9100 lbs. means the trailer, cargo, people, dog, beer, chairs, everything in the trailer (dishes, etc.), coolers...EVERYTHING. Hitch weight should be around 10-15%. Get a good weight distribution hitch and make sure it's rigged correctly with your vehicle. CAT scales will help determine if everything is set up correctly.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
All the models you're looking at are very nice. Myself, I'd try to go light at first. Probably would like to stay around 5K-6K pound trailer. Not sure of the weights on the ones you've mentioned but you should be close. Anything higher in weight may be too much. Remember, 9100 lbs. means the trailer, cargo, people, dog, beer, chairs, everything in the trailer (dishes, etc.), coolers...EVERYTHING. Hitch weight should be around 10-15%. Get a good weight distribution hitch and make sure it's rigged correctly with your vehicle. CAT scales will help determine if everything is set up correctly.

Thank you TWP73, do you all normally purchase your weight distribution hitch from
The dealer if buying new? Many used trailers come with one, but not sure if this is normally something included new or if you purchase this after?

Old 04-18-2017, 06:33 AM   #5

Yes, your dealer should have hitches available to match up with the trailer. They should install it and have it working properly before leaving the lot. And they most definitely will charge you. I paid cash for my hitch instead of having them include it in on the deal. Didn't want to pay interest on it for years.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganRVMom View Post
Thank you TWP73, do you all normally purchase your weight distribution hitch from
The dealer if buying new? Many used trailers come with one, but not sure if this is normally something included new or if you purchase this after?

If buying new, try to negotiate the WDH as a free add on from the dealer. If you have to buy, it's usually cheaper online than from the dealer.

Welcome and happy camping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2015 Ram 1500 Lonestar Crew Cab 5.7L
Neil S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:04 AM   #7

MM,

We too are first time RVers and just got our 267 a month or so ago. We looked at many floor plans at an RV show and decided for our use the 267 was a good compromise. We liked that the master bedroom has room for access on either side, and that the bunks are full as opposed to the narrower ones.
We are pleased with our choice and our first outing was uneventful and enjoyable. We have a boondocking event at the end of the month, so. we'll see how that goes.
I tow it with a RAM 1500 with a max tow weight of 8000lbs. The 267 at 5425lbs seemed a decent compromise. I know there's other weight in the trailer, but so far so good.
Our dealer did a lousy walk through with us. We did get an Equalizer weight distribution hitch and the trailer towed well the first time out.
I'd have the dealer install it. It seems like there's some calculations going on here and while it might be cheaper online, it's heavy and important and I'd pay the dealer to do it.
If you have any other questions about the 267, feel free to message me.

Happy Trails
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:07 AM   #8

Quote:

Being a newbie and buying my first first TT 3 years ago I was in the same position. I knew nothing about TT's and took the leap. Let me say you are doing the right thing by researching your options and this site is a great resource and a wealth of information.
When I bought my 28DSBH I had the dealer install a WD hitch and get it set up to my F150. I had seen many used ones on the internet I could have bought but there is piece of mind knowing that by buying new everything was warrantied if there were issues down the road. Our purpose for purchasing the TT was to travel coast to coast across Canada with our children. It's been a great experience and it is hard to believe that we are going into our fourth summer.
We had looked at many TT's and chose the 28DSBH over the 28BSBE due to the weight difference. With that said, I am right at my limits with respect to payload. With a very good WDH and not over packing we have put on over 20,000 kms of towing problem free. Good luck with your research and hopefully you find a TT that meets your needs and you have the same great experiences that I have had.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #9

Can I suggest a slower start. If your husband has never camped, and is possibly new to towing (you don't mention), I might suggest renting a unit for the first season to see if he likes camping, and what he is comfortable towing.

The advantage here is that a rental will usually come with most of the essential gear already, and a good rental company will take the time to make sure you understand the operation of the unit, and set you up to tow properly. You can pick a trailer in the middle size of what you are considering and decide "is it big enough" or "is it too big to trailer comfortably"? When you are comfortable, then pull the trigger on the trailer you want.

Personally, as we crawled off the ground and into a pop-up, I borrowed a friend's camper for 3 different week long camping trips. This taught us what we liked and disliked about the trailer and floor plan. As a result, the trailer we bought in the second year had a floor plan much more suitable to our lifestyle, and was actually a foot or so shorter than his for easier towing.

If you are set on ownership, looking at a used trailer can also be a good idea for someone new to camping where there is some risk to long range success. Try to take along someone well experienced to look over a used camper for signs of water infiltration and/or poor maintenance.

A new trailer is probably the last option to consider because if things go south with the experience you may be upside down on payments for a while.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:37 AM   #10

Thank you for all of your suggestions! While new to camping, he is not new to pulling a trailer so I am not anticipating too much of a learning curve there. I am leaning more towards the 287BHSW because of the lighter weight load, but still have the many options we want (double bunks, a slide for a "roomier" feel, etc.)
We have taken 3 mini camping trips together. Once was in a pop up that we borrowed from a friend, and that was before kids. Last year we borrowed a friend's hybrid TT, Steven pulled that fine, our kids loved camping but I realized I definitely didn't want a hybrid. We camped for 3-4 nights each time. We do have a lot to learn, certainly but I think there is a big difference to making the camping experience your own vs borrowing or renting someone else's camper. It's hard to get a real feel for reality until it is really yours!

I am not opposed to buying used - both my parents and my sister have found incredible deals on uses TT's. I am just weighing out buying new (with the warranty, and the full description) with buying used and not being certain of the condition, dealing with repairs from the start etc.
It's a hard decision! One thing I am pretty set on is sticking with a Jayco!

Old 04-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deewaltguy View Post
MM,

We too are first time RVers and just got our 267 a month or so ago. We looked at many floor plans at an RV show and decided for our use the 267 was a good compromise. We liked that the master bedroom has room for access on either side, and that the bunks are full as opposed to the narrower ones.
We are pleased with our choice and our first outing was uneventful and enjoyable. We have a boondocking event at the end of the month, so. we'll see how that goes.
I tow it with a RAM 1500 with a max tow weight of 8000lbs. The 267 at 5425lbs seemed a decent compromise. I know there's other weight in the trailer, but so far so good.
Our dealer did a lousy walk through with us. We did get an Equalizer weight distribution hitch and the trailer towed well the first time out.
I'd have the dealer install it. It seems like there's some calculations going on here and while it might be cheaper online, it's heavy and important and I'd pay the dealer to do it.
If you have any other questions about the 267, feel free to message me.

Happy Trails

Thank you! Did you compare the 267 vs the 287 at all? Did anything specific pull you in one direction towards the 267?

Old 04-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #12

We were in a very similar position to yours about 3 years ago. My wife camped a lot when she was young but I was pretty foreign to it. The only thing I could say I was experienced with was the towing aspect as I have raced for years and towing all kinds of different trailers for longer than I care to remember.
We rented for our first outing and would definitely recommend going that way. Even though it was relatively short outing (5 days) we got a reasonable idea of what we would thought would work for us.
Out of pure curiosity ended up at our local Jayco dealer , Terrell Camping Center, to look around. Long story short, ended up getting what I thought was an excellent deal on a 267. Fit about 90% of what we felt we needed, wasn't crazy expensive, and was fairly light weight.
We towed with my 09 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 L Hemi. The truck had air bags in the rear springs which helped with the rear sagging to much and a simple WDH. It towed fine, but I wasn't 100 % happy with it. Towing a TT is a bit different than an enclosed car trailer. The fact that it sits higher makes the sway issue due to winds much more noticeable. We have a 10 year old and 7 year old, and I wasn't willing to take any chances with them on board. Upgraded the truck to a Ram 2500 with a larger Hemi engine (6.4L) and a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH. Much better towing experience now.
We have a great time camping and I am totally hooked now.
The 267 is a great starting point. Not a lot of frills, but has everything we need to at the very least get our feet wet. Biggest issue with it involves the bunks. When it's hot out, the bottom bunk gets very warm due to no AC vent in it. We set up a fan on the hot nights to move some air to it, and it is bearable that way. Other than that we really like ours, but will admit, we are already piecing together our wish list for our second TT.
racertoms27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Thank you! Did you compare the 267 vs the 287 at all? Did anything specific pull you in one direction towards the 267?

I threw out all my RV show notes after we bought, so I don't recall the 287 all too well. The floorplan is similar to the 267, but we didn't want/ need the exterior bathroom door, and it was heavier by some 600 lbs.
Our purchasing decision was a confluence of price/ weight/ floorplan and the 267 was a good fit. We must have traipsed through 1000 RVs that week, but kept coming back the 267 as the best fit. Any TT will be a compromise and we needed to live in one for a year to get an understanding for what made a perfect RV for us.
Our first and only outing was great, I was apprehensive towing it. I have towed other trailers before, but nothing this big/ heavy. Towing went fine and living in it was better than we thought it might be.
Can't wait to get the grand girls in it.
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Thank you for all of your suggestions! While new to camping, he is not new to pulling a trailer so I am not anticipating too much of a learning curve there. I am leaning more towards the 287BHSW because of the lighter weight load, but still have the many options we want (double bunks, a slide for a "roomier" feel, etc.)
We have taken 3 mini camping trips together. Once was in a pop up that we borrowed from a friend, and that was before kids. Last year we borrowed a friend's hybrid TT, Steven pulled that fine, our kids loved camping but I realized I definitely didn't want a hybrid. We camped for 3-4 nights each time. We do have a lot to learn, certainly but I think there is a big difference to making the camping experience your own vs borrowing or renting someone else's camper. It's hard to get a real feel for reality until it is really yours!

I am not opposed to buying used - both my parents and my sister have found incredible deals on uses TT's. I am just weighing out buying new (with the warranty, and the full description) with buying used and not being certain of the condition, dealing with repairs from the start etc.
It's a hard decision! One thing I am pretty set on is sticking with a Jayco!

Now that sounds like you have already done the homework. Sorry, but your initial post made you sound a lot more enthusiastic about this than hubby. I'll let others weigh in on the pros and cons of the particular models and the combo with your TV.

With a bit of experience under your belt, sounds like you are getting an idea of the features you want. I would suggest spending some time sitting in each unit and thinking hard about how you will use it on both sunny and rainy days. If you have a hovering sales guy, kick him out for a while. My wife and I tend to notice very different things, and had great discussions about trade-offs and compromises with the selected floor plan. We might have been able to get everything we wanted in a custom Prevost motor coach, but who has that kind of money?

As far as the warranty on new vs. used, it sounds like you have access to some well experienced trailer folk in your family; rely on one to help you assess a used unit. As you read along here at JOF, you will learn that warranties are great for taking care of initial quality issues; and that almost everyone has a few (and sometimes a lot) of those. With a used trailer, you are past those IQ issues, and are looking for one that has obviously been well cared for. After about 4 years, that becomes pretty obvious; we saw anything from extreme wear and tear to near showroom new.

Our current TT was about 4 years old when we bought it, and looked like new. The previous owner obviously kept up with maintaining seals and keeping it clean. It was easy to demonstrate that all major systems were operable. There were no signs of mold inside, and no musty smells. Walls and floors all felt pretty solid except one hump near the door that I am monitoring closely (doesn't seem to be getting any worse, and have never seen signs of moisture).

There have been a few maintenance costs; bearing and brake maintenance as soon as I bought, and full new tires going on this year (new set of Maxxis M8008 sitting in my shed waiting for a good weekend to take her in and have them swapped). I also paid a bit ($8 per foot of length) for a full pressurised leak test to confirm that the exterior envelope was tight (and set my mind to rest about the floor hump). But compared to the price paid, these basic tasks were pretty minor.

Have fun with whatever model you choose and may you build many happy memories!
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #15

For the weight side of things the two numbers you really want to look at on the truck are the following.

What is the max cargo limit on the truck and how is it calculated? This is printed on the sticker probably around the front door or gas door. How it is calculated is probably in the manual. What you need to check is sometimes they give 150 lbs or so credit for the driver. This cargo limit will not include passengers, cargo and any aftermarket or dealer installed options like running boards, bed covers or bed liners. Also factor in how much the Class IV WD hitch weighs and your tongue weight of the trailer. This all goes against cargo capacity.

What is the weight limit of the hitch? This on a 1/2 ton will likely read as ___ with Class III hitch and _____ with Class IV hitch. For instance my truck it is 600lbs with Class III or 1000 with Class IV.

For figuring out tongue and trailer weight it is a bit tough. You will see on the website an unloaded weight, dry hitch weight, gross vehicle weight (GVWR) and cargo capacity. the problem is the unloaded and dry hitch weight are before any options are added, don't take into account the weight of the propane tanks, fluids in tanks and cargo. So while they are a starting point, you will never pull the trailer that light.

Really the only way to know for sure is to load up the trailer and take it to the CAT Scales to see how heavy everything is. That isn't practical when shopping though. Once you have your first trailer and have been camping for a while you could weigh your trailer and see how much cargo you have knowing if you need more or less and it is easier to make these estimates.

Because you are new I like using the GVWR. This is the max weight of the camper loaded with cargo. You really should be less than this so consider this the worst case weight. As others mentioned you want your tongue weight to be 10-15% of the camper weight. So if you are over your hitch weight or cargo weight on the truck when at 15% you could shift heavy items out of the pass through storage near the front of the camper to rear storage. I don't like playing the balancing game personally. If you have to do that, the camper is probably too heavy for your tow vehicle. That is my opinion. It isn't good to run at 10% tongue weight because lets say you have to play the balancing act to stay in cargo and hitch limits by running 10% tongue weight. Well then you go camping and they don't have a place to dump your black and grey tanks. Those tanks are normally located in the back of the camper so having all that weight hanging out behind the axles lightens your tongue and now you only have 9-8% tongue weight. That might be enough of a shift to introduce stability issues. So most of us try and maintain 13-15% tongue weight. Again, I don't want to play a balancing game, camping should be fun. Figure out the math once and enjoy yourself from then on. That is also why I use GVWR. The CAT Scales to back up that I don't go over that and I am good to go.

267BHSW GVWR=7000
7000*.13 = 910
7000*.15 = 1050

287BHSW GVWR = 7500
7500*.13 = 975
7500*.15 = 1125

Keep in mind these are max weights so you will be a bit less than this but these tongue weights go against the cargo limit and you don't want to be over them on the hitch limit. Also add in the 80lbs or so for a WD hitch.

If these numbers are too much for your truck, another camper you could look at is the Jay Feather 25BH. That is what we went with because I wanted to stay under 7000 for my GVWR if I could and it is 6750. It is nearly the same floor plan as the 267BHSW. The bath is slightly different but it adds an optional outdoor kitchen. They are a little more expensive though. Numbers on that look like this

Jay Feather 25BH GVWR = 6750
6750*.13 = 877.5
6750*.15 = 1012.5

As for the hitch. It is like asking is Chevy, GMC, Ford or Dodge the best? They all work pretty good. Some work better than others in certain situations. I have a Blue Ox, the dealer recommended the Equalizer which was a little less. Maybe $50 difference. I saved a ton of money ($250 I think) by buying it from etrailer.com. When I did the delivery inspection, they set it up for me at no cost even though I didn't buy it from them. That was my dealer, yours may be different.

Bottom line is you have to do what you are comfortable with. I learned early on with trailers that the towing rating of my trucks mean nothing. The limits always seem to be either the hitch weight, cargo capacity or both. I max out at around 7000 or a little more when doing the 13-15% yet my truck is rated for 8100lbs. If you live in and camp in an area that is perfectly flat you might push the numbers more than someone living and camping in the mountains. People overload their trailer/tow vehicle combo all the time and some pay the price. Also don't run right up at the limits. Your kids are growing so you may be fine but as they pack on more weight it needs to be accounted for. As far as the 267 and 287. The big differences I see are a little more room in the bedroom up front and the second door. I will say it would be nice for a bit more bedroom space as you can probably fit a residential queen rather than a short queen in there. This just makes it less expensive and opens more options for a better bed. A lot of people complain about the one the camper comes with. The second door for the bath is really nice with kids depending on where you camp. If you are camping near a bath house and everyone runs to that then it doesn't matter. But if there is only the camper bathroom then it cuts down on a lot of traffic and dirt getting spread through the camper on the way to the bathroom. Our debate was the Jay Feather 25BH and the Jay Feather 23MBH. The 25BH had the outdoor kitchen which we liked to keep from heating up the camper and more storage but only a single door. The 23MBH had less storage, no outdoor kitchen, smaller bunks but 2 doors. They were the same price so we went with the bigger unit. We do a lot of dry camping so things like heat build up and storage are important. However what works for one family may not for the next.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Now that sounds like you have already done the homework. Sorry, but your initial post made you sound a lot more enthusiastic about this than hubby. I'll let others weigh in on the pros and cons of the particular models and the combo with your TV.

With a bit of experience under your belt, sounds like you are getting an idea of the features you want. I would suggest spending some time sitting in each unit and thinking hard about how you will use it on both sunny and rainy days. If you have a hovering sales guy, kick him out for a while. My wife and I tend to notice very different things, and had great discussions about trade-offs and compromises with the selected floor plan. We might have been able to get everything we wanted in a custom Prevost motor coach, but who has that kind of money?

As far as the warranty on new vs. used, it sounds like you have access to some well experienced trailer folk in your family; rely on one to help you assess a used unit. As you read along here at JOF, you will learn that warranties are great for taking care of initial quality issues; and that almost everyone has a few (and sometimes a lot) of those. With a used trailer, you are past those IQ issues, and are looking for one that has obviously been well cared for. After about 4 years, that becomes pretty obvious; we saw anything from extreme wear and tear to near showroom new.

Our current TT was about 4 years old when we bought it, and looked like new. The previous owner obviously kept up with maintaining seals and keeping it clean. It was easy to demonstrate that all major systems were operable. There were no signs of mold inside, and no musty smells. Walls and floors all felt pretty solid except one hump near the door that I am monitoring closely (doesn't seem to be getting any worse, and have never seen signs of moisture).

There have been a few maintenance costs; bearing and brake maintenance as soon as I bought, and full new tires going on this year (new set of Maxxis M8008 sitting in my shed waiting for a good weekend to take her in and have them swapped). I also paid a bit ($8 per foot of length) for a full pressurised leak test to confirm that the exterior envelope was tight (and set my mind to rest about the floor hump). But compared to the price paid, these basic tasks were pretty minor.

Have fun with whatever model you choose and may you build many happy memories!

Haha. Thank you so much Bankr63! I probably AM a lot more enthusiastic than my hubby. I am hoping he will get on board once he really gets a feel for what it is like to camp with our own camper. His favorite summer hobbies include golf, and he isn't a huge fan of sitting still, so the idea of sitting down all day in a lawn chair doing nothing is maddening to him. I, however, have a different viewpoint and perspective on camping because of my experience growing up, and with two small children, we won't be sitting much until they go to bed [emoji12].

I really want him to be able to get on board (and dare I say even excited) about making the camper our own, learning how to do the trip necessities like the sewer and water. He is humoring me right now, and I am trying to be creative with ways we may be able to use the camper (my preference would not be to boondock but I think he would like that), and using it for things like tailgating (he is an avid football fan).

We need to get into some models, we did about two years ago, spent some time at at some RV shows, in and out of trailers, and then we ended up buying a Polaris Ranger. We need to get back into some but that planning/feeling of how we would use it is definitely something I have done. With two small kiddos, the hybrid last year was way too small. I want more room inside, if we need it. I also want to be able to keep the beds made all the time (less work to setup) and that was very clearly not going to happen with the hybrid.

Thank you so much for all of your advice guys! I have a price back from the dealer, they have a "no hassles price" meaning they have already cut out the "extra inflation" typically from a dealer. It is about 21% off msrp with everything, out the door. Should I keep negotiating?

Old 04-18-2017, 01:36 PM   #17

First off, GO BUCKEYES!

And Secondly, welcome to the forum - you'll find all the information you'll never need from everyone here, great group of people!
Beach Cart XL
GlampinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #18

I probably beat the weight topic to death, but...
From my experience you will be over the Rear GAWR (your door sticker will have this number) if you pull a TT weighing 9100#. I'd expect you to hit the R GAWR number somewhere in the 6000-7000# range.
One of the (many) things I'm passionate about is knowing my weights. Before buying a TT you could visit a CAT Scale which will provide the front and rear axle weights. The difference between the Rear GAWR and the rear axle weight ("drive axle" on the CAT ticket)will be the payload that can be added to the rear axle. The tongue weight and hitch will consume most of that.
My belief is exceeding the axle weights MAY make the combination a little more difficult to control and more importantly may tax the brakes.
That said, there are many TT's that are too heavy for its paired TV but run down the road without issues.
I recently met a fellow who pulled a 13000# 5th with an F150. He was seriously over weight but leveled things with airbags. I also discovered he leased his 150's and got a new one every 3 years.
The CAT Scale is your friend.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #19

That was our freebie when we bought new. Negotiate for the WDH to be included. Paid cash so did not have to worry about adding to financing but if added after price agreed to then not part of financing anyway.
The first two models are too heavy for an F150 payload. The 28BHBE would be the best fit for your TV.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
That was our freebie when we bought new. Negotiate for the WDH to be included. Paid cash so did not have to worry about adding to financing but if added after price agreed to then not part of financing anyway.
The first two models are too heavy for an F150 payload. The 28BHBE would be the best fit for your TV.

JHerzog, can you explain why the 267BHSW and the 287 BhSW are too heavy?
267- unloaded 5425
Hitch 625
GVWR 7000

287 unloaded 6005
Hitch 645
GVWR 7500.

I'm missing how these are too heavy?