Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2020, 07:19 AM   #1

Glow step Revolution Uprising

I did a search and did not find any information. We have a Jay Feather that came from factory with the Morryde Step Above which we think is fantastic. Problem is where we store it it is against a wall and as such cannot put step out unless we move trailer away from wall. So wondering if anyone has heard or better yet installed the Torklift Glowstep Revolution Uprising. The Revolution is not exactly an option as the factory step folds up into door not underneath and the wheels kind of make that a problem to add anything like that. So if anyone has an answer or have used them I would appreciate them.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:34 AM   #2

This is just a problem where you store it? Why not just have a little molded plastic step that you set by the door when needed? Or wooden.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #3

Well if you are not familiar the Morryde Step Above it folds up inside the door and as such blocks the door not a issue of stepping up but the step is like 3 feet tall and blocks the door.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolvi View Post
Well if you are not familiar the Morryde Step Above it folds up inside the door and as such blocks the door not a issue of stepping up but the step is like 3 feet tall and blocks the door.
Now I don’t have one but does it swing out 3’ in order to set it into position?
Old 03-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #5

I just installed the Glow Steps for the very same reason.

In my driveway, my 18's pipe top toy trailer sits right next to my 324BHTS and I need to be able to get in and out of the RV and do not have room to fold out an entire set of steps like the Moryde.

The glow steps do take some space to pull out and down, but I can share they will work if only pulled out 3/4-7/8 of the way.

I am not at my RV right now but will be later this week....doing my proper social distancing on the Red River....and can measure how far out the come if that will help.

Overall these upgrades are pricey, but we thought, and now believe they are worth it. So stable, doesn't rock the coach, and I bought their boot scrubber to go with and it works like a champ!!!

Greg
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #6

Good to know I know that the videos show how you only need 12 inches but was not too sure about that. What I hope is on the Morryde site they will show an install.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:27 PM   #7

From the exterior sill plate, measuring straight out like onto your campsite, the steps I have take 42" fully unfolded and set-up. Thats measured to the furthest point of the foot.

I have the 4 step model FYI. Hope that helps.
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 03-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #8

Well that helps a lot, I know they say in the video on the Revolution you need twelve inches to get them to open so hope the Uprising works the same. Quick question what is with the name of VWPROSTOCK? I may have an idea and know VW's can be made to go very quick just curious.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolvi View Post
Well that helps a lot, I know they say in the video on the Revolution you need twelve inches to get them to open so hope the Uprising works the same. Quick question what is with the name of VWPROSTOCK? I may have an idea and know VW's can be made to go very quick just curious.
Yeah I was all in the VW racing scene from about 1987 until 2002. We raced a variety of classes with a variety of cars, mostly at the all VW events in CA, AZ, CO, and TX.

Pro Stock is a chassis car class that was all motor, no turbos, no nitrous, etc and we had 2.3-2.5L engines making 315 hp running 9.70's in the 1/4 mile.
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 03-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #10

Pretty cool, I know what you mean so you understand that it sometimes it ain,t the size of an engine but it can be made to be pretty quick and have tons of torque. We had a 2.5 Impreza WRX and it was amazing. Used to road race well kind of hate to say it but an MG the Lucas electrical nightmare. Changed to a 240Z still had a ton of fun. Can get a bit expensive on all hobbies kind of like RV's. Thanks for the reply. Now I know who to go to when I need something if I can find an air cooled that is not torn up or rusted to death we have a good friend who I thought was a cabinet maker as he does some freaking awesome work but then find out he builds VW engines and transaxles and has customers world wide. He has a 61 Bug sporting a turbocharged with 400 horsepower he says if I find a car he will assist in making it "interesting" his words.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:49 PM   #11

Had a GlowStep on a previous trailer....mounted underneath door. Loved them. Current trailer has the Moryde Step that "flips" back into the doorway. Are considering the GlowStep uprising which would replace the current steps. Question.....with our old trailer we could open the glowstep and make a sorta like ladder to climb into the trailer....might come out maybe 12-15 inches....can the uprising do the same thing? I guess I am asking what is the narrowest you can open these up and still climb into the trailer?
RV4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4Fun View Post
Had a GlowStep on a previous trailer....mounted underneath door. Loved them. Current trailer has the Moryde Step that "flips" back into the doorway. Are considering the GlowStep uprising which would replace the current steps. Question.....with our old trailer we could open the glowstep and make a sorta like ladder to climb into the trailer....might come out maybe 12-15 inches....can the uprising do the same thing? I guess I am asking what is the narrowest you can open these up and still climb into the trailer?
Well would love to answer your question, got the steps the Glowstep Uprising Revolution and me not paying attention we have a walk in pantry right at the entry door and the swing is wrong so the bracket is in the way. The trailer is a 2020 Jay Flight 22RB you can check out the floor plan. I do believe that the Torklift web sight says they can be opened at a minimum of 12 inches. Hope that helps. On the 22RB it is the same as yours with the step mounted in door and it is a Morryde Step Above. I would say if you do not have the pantry door there it should work.