Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2017, 09:05 PM   #1

Good Replacement for Ceiling Lights

I'd like to find a good replacement for the ceiling lights in my 2017 Jayco 26bh. They're the round lens shaped lights with the on/off button in the middle. I've seen them referred to as "boob" lights for obvious reasons.

What I don't like about them:
- The color temperature of the light is very cold. Unpleasant.

- Some of the switches work very poorly. Press multiple times to turn them on.

- Most or all run very hot. I would have thought LED lights would be cooler. Can't imaging how they could generate so much heat and not use a lot of power.

I called Jayco to see if my trailer is covered under the recent recall they had for defective ceiling lights that are too hot and pose a fire hazard. They said no, but if I have a problem, see my dealer.

Bottom line, I think they're junk.

Has anyone reached the same conclusion and found a replacement they're happy with?
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
I'd like to find a good replacement for the ceiling lights in my 2017 Jayco 26bh. They're the round lens shaped lights with the on/off button in the middle. I've seen them referred to as "boob" lights for obvious reasons.

- Most or all run very hot. I would have thought LED lights would be cooler. Can't imaging how they could generate so much heat and not use a lot of power.

I called Jayco to see if my trailer is covered under the recent recall they had for defective ceiling lights that are too hot and pose a fire hazard. They said no, but if I have a problem, see my dealer.

Has anyone reached the same conclusion and found a replacement they're happy with?
So if they burn down your trailer they'll fix the lights for you--what a deal!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:48 AM   #3

My 23RB also has those lights, and yes they do seem to run a little warm for LED's. I do not find the light to be overly cool, but they can be overly bright.

My trailer was part of the recall. I first asked the dealer if my trailer had been fixed according to the recall. Dealer said yes. I confirmed with Jayco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:50 PM   #4

If it's a 2017 the recall likely applies to your TT. I believe the new replacement lights have 9 LED's, where the old have 6. Mine melted two of them in the bathroom. I would look into this further, as my Dealer is now replacing all under warranty.

The manufacturer that makes those lights only makes two styles and there doesn't appear to be any difference in the type of light it produces.
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote