Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2019, 05:08 AM   #1

Hot water heater

2018 jayflight 32bhds. Last when closing up my wife noticed no hot water. The water heater was on electric. I switched over to LP and it fired tight up and heated the water. The camper is on a seasonal site in Maine. Still a ton of snow. Would the board cause the electric not to run some how. I know the electric side is 115v. I didnt have a meter to test for voltage. Does the voltage come straight from panel or go thru a gfi and other stuff. Gonna be a few weeks before I get up there and start testing. Dealer seams to think its a power problem not,the board.
mikeauto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:37 AM   #2
Site Team

The 120 vac that powers it comes from a outlet in the outside fridge compartment. It should be easy to check that once you get there with a VOM or test light.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeauto2 View Post
2018 jayflight 32bhds. Last when closing up my wife noticed no hot water. The water heater was on electric. I switched over to LP and it fired tight up and heated the water. The camper is on a seasonal site in Maine. Still a ton of snow. Would the board cause the electric not to run some how. I know the electric side is 115v. I didnt have a meter to test for voltage. Does the voltage come straight from panel or go thru a gfi and other stuff. Gonna be a few weeks before I get up there and start testing. Dealer seams to think its a power problem not,the board.
I know our unit with the electric fireplace you have to flip a switch under the counter to select either the fireplace or the hot water heater. If you have it on fireplace, the hot water heater electric switch will still light like it is on, but it is sadly not
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote