Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
villain2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 206
I No Longer Own My Jayco, Still Need Advice From Best TT Forum I Know...

So, this past fall I winterized my Coleman CTS 262BH. I put about 3 gallons of antifreeze into the holding tank (there is no winterizing kit on this tt) and ran antifreeze through all the faucets. Mad sure the faucets were running well red. Dumped a cup down each trap and bypassed hot water heater. Now the puzzling part. I was at the camper this past weekend to let out the slide and start poking around to make sure all was okay. I discovered a couple of drips of antifreeze around the water pump and about four or five drips in a drawer that is directly below the kitchen faucet. The kitchen faucet is one of those types that has the built in sprayer in the faucet itself. Funny thing is, I KNOW I ran antifreeze through every line. Could it have still froze? I am really nervous about hooking up the city water this spring. If a pipe was cracked, would I not be seeing more antifreeze? Any ideas or advice is much appreciated. Maybe I should have stuck with Jayco!
__________________

__________________
Traded IN 19BH......;-( Miss It!

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
It could be the compression fittings on the ptrap under the sink is leaking. They can work loose over time. May just need tightening up.
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,357
We never pressurize with city water the first time out, even if we're on a full hook up site. I fill the fresh tank about 1/2 full and pressurize with the on board pump. If it doesn't pressurize quickly [don't open the water heater yet], you may have a leak and you can turn it off right there rather than running outside and turning off the spigot. If it does pressurize, I let it sit for a while to see if it cycles [slow leak]. I visually inspect all the plumbing I can see. Your pump is the best leak detector you have especially after the cold, hard winter we've all had to endure. I would recommend this to everyone.
__________________
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2017 Ford F-250 6.2l
3.73 E-locker
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE North Dakota
Posts: 119
I agree with TCNASHVILLE about the pump being a leak detector. We leave our hose hooked up to city water pole, but only turn on the city valve when somebody is going to take a shower. Otherwise we just use the water pump and fresh tank, for washing dishes and what not. I figure this way the fresh water tank and pump will get used some, and by having the pump switched on all the time, it will let me know if a leak arises.
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
^^^Yep, not a pretty sound hearing that pump come on while no faucets are turned on.
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
villain2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE View Post
We never pressurize with city water the first time out, even if we're on a full hook up site. I fill the fresh tank about 1/2 full and pressurize with the on board pump. If it doesn't pressurize quickly [don't open the water heater yet], you may have a leak and you can turn it off right there rather than running outside and turning off the spigot. If it does pressurize, I let it sit for a while to see if it cycles [slow leak]. I visually inspect all the plumbing I can see. Your pump is the best leak detector you have especially after the cold, hard winter we've all had to endure. I would recommend this to everyone.
Excellent idea. I will be sure to do this when I check things out! See? I told you this was the best place to get information. I hope you all don't mind me lurking here even though I don't have a Jayco anymore......I really do like this Coleman. (it's actually just a re-badged Dutchman) the floor plan is what really sold us.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
__________________
Traded IN 19BH......;-( Miss It!

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
villain2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 206
One more.....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
__________________
Traded IN 19BH......;-( Miss It!

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
^^^Yep, not a pretty sound hearing that pump come on while no faucets are turned on.
Are you saying your water pump doesn't run at all and ever when the faucets are all off?

I watch my plumbing like a hawk, two trailers and I have discovered no leaks yet. However I have found, on both trailers, my water pump cycles on for 1-3 seconds every once in while. I assume it was just to boost pressure, I can't explain why it would lose pressure just assumed the pressure dissipated over time, assumed it had to do with the water heater and hot/cold expansion/contraction. Am I wrong, do i have a leak I just haven't found yet?
__________________
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
mcfarmall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, West Michigan
Posts: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Are you saying your water pump doesn't run at all and ever when the faucets are all off?

I watch my plumbing like a hawk, two trailers and I have discovered no leaks yet. However I have found, on both trailers, my water pump cycles on for 1-3 seconds every once in while. I assume it was just to boost pressure, I can't explain why it would lose pressure just assumed the pressure dissipated over time, assumed it had to do with the water heater and hot/cold expansion/contraction. Am I wrong, do i have a leak I just haven't found yet?
You either have a slow leak somewhere in the plumbing system or a bad pressure switch on the pump itself.
__________________
2006 23B Hybrid with 10k round bar WDH
2011 F150 4x4 SCREW Ecoboost, Max Tow, Integrated TBC, 3.73 LS axle, Firestone Ride Rite airbags.
mcfarmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by villain2000 View Post
One more.....
Really nice looking trailer, even if it's not a Jayco
__________________

__________________
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2017 Ford F-250 6.2l
3.73 E-locker
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.